Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2020, 11:06 AM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
There are specific rules in WA regarding restaurants. We ate outside for lunch on Sunday. We masked up until we reached our table. Waiter was masked. Distancing was practiced, but not always perfectly. I took a small bottle if hand sanitizer in with me, which I used twice while there. I trust they washed and sanitized the tables before our arrival, as this seems standard now.

Menu was shortened, and was printed on paper to be disposed of after our meal.

I trust the staff at this restaurant to be conscientious. If I don’t trust a place, I don’t visit.

But we do not eat out more than once a week, if that, and we might do takeout once as well, or not. We have also reduced trips to the grocer.

We have to live our lives as best we can.
Hand sanitiser and wearing masks before you get to the table is pretty pointless, if you are going to be eating for an hour without the mask and sharing germs with every other diner in the place, and yes it does spread over six feet. So social distancing is not going to save you either.

Old 08-04-2020, 04:42 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Hand sanitiser and wearing masks before you get to the table is pretty pointless, if you are going to be eating for an hour without the mask and sharing germs with every other diner in the place, and yes it does spread over six feet. So social distancing is not going to save you either.
I think hand sanitizer is mostly theater, but the sign at the door requested we use it.

We ate outside by the river. There was plenty of fresh air, and no people for a mile or two on one side of us.
It was probably as safe a place as there is around here.

But you take a risk going to the grocery store, you know? I mask up when I go there, and wear disposable gloves. We have to go on living our lives. We don't leave the house much in general.

The message on FB from our local health department specified that our increased rate of infection is caused by people not maintaining distancing when they attend social events. I assume they arrived at that conclusion because they have done contact tracing on those who have tested positive. Our infection rate is up. It is concerning. It might be that we need to keep to home even more than we are.

There are still people who don't wear a mask, or wear it improperly, as a sort of rebellion against authority, I suppose.

Old 08-04-2020, 05:02 PM

15,419 posts, read 9,069,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I think hand sanitizer is mostly theater, but the sign at the door requested we use it.

We ate outside by the river. There was plenty of fresh air, and no people for a mile or two on one side of us.
It was probably as safe a place as there is around here.

But you take a risk going to the grocery store, you know? I mask up when I go there, and wear disposable gloves. We have to go on living our lives. We don't leave the house much in general.

The message on FB from our local health department specified that our increased rate of infection is caused by people not maintaining distancing when they attend social events. I assume they arrived at that conclusion because they have done contact tracing on those who have tested positive. Our infection rate is up. It is concerning. It might be that we need to keep to home even more than we are.

There are still people who don't wear a mask, or wear it improperly, as a sort of rebellion against authority, I suppose.
No, I'm taking very little risk going to the grocery store. I have good masks and I wear them properly. On the other hand dining around strangers, while not wearing a mask is just crazy. Doing that regularly and it is just a matter of time before you will be infected.

Old 08-04-2020, 05:22 PM

8,756 posts, read 5,050,099 times
I am happy, just spending the money, for food at home. Having shrimp, and a nice bottle of wine. I do feel bad for the restaurents though, but not enough too go out, and be un comfortable.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:02 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
All of July has gone by w/o anyone posting.

So, have you guys been eating out or getting takeout more since a month ago? I got takeout 2 more times since my last & only time on 6/7/20.

I got Chinese from this eatery & Little Caesar's pizza today.

We get take out from small local restaurants every Saturday. I think we started in late April, early May

We buy enough for 2-3 meals and freeze a meal or two.

We only go where they will take credit card over the phone and bring out to the car.

Some local dives and a few high end places

Spending a hell of a lot less tan ever on food and eating out

Old 08-05-2020, 06:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
What you say is true, so the best advise and there really isn't anything else to say is: simply if you are uncomfortable with socializing and or eating out don't. If you feel the need to be with others and you want to enjoy a drink or a dinner out; go ahead. You aren't really hurting anyone else..

Old 08-05-2020, 06:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
No, I'm taking very little risk going to the grocery store. I have good masks and I wear them properly. On the other hand dining around strangers, while not wearing a mask is just crazy. Doing that regularly and it is just a matter of time before you will be infected.
You say it is crazy to dine out: fine, but just because you think it is crazy doesn't make it so!!!

Old 08-05-2020, 12:24 PM

972 posts, read 542,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If you feel the need to be with others and you want to enjoy a drink or a dinner out; go ahead. You aren't really hurting anyone else..
Not necessarily. It's true that people who eat in restaurants all choose to take that risk. But then all those diners go other places and expose those people to the consequences of their risky dining out.

Old 08-05-2020, 02:44 PM

1,481 posts, read 1,378,427 times
We’ve been eating at the deli in the grocery store on Fridays before we do our shopping . The store is huge and dispersed. There is usually no one there.

Old 08-05-2020, 03:09 PM

2,035 posts, read 1,657,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
All of July has gone by w/o anyone posting.

So, have you guys been eating out or getting takeout more since a month ago? I got takeout 2 more times since my last & only time on 6/7/20.

I got Chinese from this eatery & Little Caesar's pizza today.

We were - until our mayor shut them all down again starting this week. We usually went on nice days to places that had outside seating. Or, at off times when there were fewer people in the restaurant. The quality of food diminishes so much for take-out versus eat-in that if I can't eat-in I'm going to cook at home. But, I get tired of cooking every day so a break once or twice a week was nice.

I felt, and still, do that the precautions restaurants were taking were reasonable and I was never too worried about catching something. Not that it couldn't happen, but that the risk was tolerable to me. Driving or even walking to the restaurant also carries a degree of risk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness