Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 05:34 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Do you trust the guys in the back cooking with your life
California optimist- if it didn’t happen to me it didn’t happen
And how different is this than flu season or any other season? I am not saying the COVID is the same as the flu by any means, my point is who knows what the situation is life without the scare of the virus? We never know what disease those in the back my have or what germs they may be carrying. How many of you remember the polio days or the Asian flu days Asian flu killed over a million people in less than 2 years

WE do not eat our often period except we supported our local restaurants during the shut down by ordering curb side pick up once a week. Now we are back to our traditional Thurs night happy hour with friends and we do order appetizers usually.

In my opinion we all have to start living our lives and stop panicing over what could happen!!! For those who choose to eat only at home stick with it. The one thing I hate though is people lecturing others about what is right and what is wrong.

Old 05-25-2020, 05:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
No it will never be safe to eat out again until there's a vaccine! Let's all just hide under our beds until the government gives us the ok!
But it we do that we will start breathing in dust from under the bed and choke to death. Can't you imaging the press if that were to happen: Headline news: COVID19 kills entire family from the dust they inhaled.

Old 05-25-2020, 05:50 AM

2,391 posts, read 1,406,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
Turn the TV off and go outside. The news always tells you the worst. Most people don't even know they have COVID-19 because it isn't affecting them.

Stay 6 feet away from others, if possible, avoid touching your face, and wash/sanitize your hands when you leave somewhere. LIVE YOUR LIFE.
Do you own a restaurant, perchance?

Old 05-25-2020, 06:57 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,147,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
When I saw the thread title, I was going to ask, 'it was safe to go out to eat?'

Adding to your list, the food is just terrible, I usually come away sick or disgusted, or both.

As granma used to say, "You are what you eat" and "there's no place like home".
That has not been my experience at all. Where my husband and I have eaten out ( favorite places we 've frequented for years), the food has been fresh, delicious, and skillfully prepared. And the owners, staff are practicing, maintaining the state guidelines for handling the coronavirusfrenzy, and are so happy to see their customers coming back. Business hasn't been brisk, to date, but hopefully will get back as time goes on.

Old 05-25-2020, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill_Schramm View Post
Do you own a restaurant, perchance?
You don't have to own a restaurant, or any type of business, for that matter, to advocate for going on with one's life and livelihood in lieu of advocating for cowering at home afraid of
everything and everyone.

Old 05-25-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
And how different is this than flu season or any other season? I am not saying the COVID is the same as the flu by any means, my point is who knows what the situation is life without the scare of the virus? We never know what disease those in the back my have or what germs they may be carrying. How many of you remember the polio days or the Asian flu days Asian flu killed over a million people in less than 2 years

WE do not eat our often period except we supported our local restaurants during the shut down by ordering curb side pick up once a week. Now we are back to our traditional Thurs night happy hour with friends and we do order appetizers usually.

In my opinion we all have to start living our lives and stop panicing over what could happen!!! For those who choose to eat only at home stick with it. The one thing I hate though is people lecturing others about what is right and what is wrong.
This.

Old 05-25-2020, 07:14 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
I haven't eaten in a restaurant since all of this started, and to be honest, I haven't missed it at all. I was trying to think of something yesterday that I crave, and I really couldn't think of anything.

As far as outside dining, it's already hot here, and the thought of eating outside with gnats and flies in my face isn't appealing at all. No thanks.

Old 05-25-2020, 07:19 AM

3,647 posts, read 1,601,831 times
The science right now shows that being inside with large groups is a much greater risk of spreading the virus. Ventilation will spread it from table to table, more then 6 feet. You don't know who has a virus or not around you. Now we know just talking spreads oral droplets in the air for up to 14 minutes.

Remember the church choir practice when someone spread covid? 52 got sick. TWO DIED.

Old 05-25-2020, 07:23 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,877,686 times
"cowering at home afraid of everything and everyone."

It's not a binary choice - black and white. Just because I don't want the flu (OR COVID) and so I am avoiding places with lots of sick people does NOT mean I am "cowering at home."

Why am I avoiding COVID? Again not because I am afraid of dying from it - highly unlikely - but because I am concerned that if I show symptoms I will be unemployed. Just like you.

In other words - being responsible today means keeping my job, whatever that takes. If that means avoiding contact with lots of strangers for the time being - then that's my decision. No reason for anyone to judge it - or care - or lecture. Why can't you just do what YOU want to do, and let others do the same? Also called MYOB.

Old 05-25-2020, 07:32 AM

962 posts, read 612,806 times
COVID did an excellent job exposing the weak among us.

And the weak demand the rest of us act as they do.

Wear your masks and hide in your homes if you want, but leave the rest of us alone, please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness