Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2013, 01:21 AM

345 posts, read 1,030,722 times

Advertisements

I've been tanning regularly (at a salon) for a few months now and I gotta say the results are AMAZING. I have a natural glow and presence about me now... it's as if being tan has energized me overnight. And I love the increased amount of female admirers . It would be a shame (for superficial reasons of course) to give it up but I fear that if I continue I will be putting myself at increased risk for cancer etc.

Looking for alternatives to add a bit of color. I know that no foods will make me "tan" but just something above reverting back to my old pasty white self. Has anyone found something useful in this regard? I've heard carrots being mentioned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 11:11 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,807,637 times
Spray-on tans are regularly used by celebrities and regular people to add the glow without the danger. It's best if done professionally so you don't look orange!

Old 12-29-2013, 11:49 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,785,370 times
There are lots of sunless tanning products on the market that are safe and effective. I use L'Oreal and have decent results with it. The trick is to exfoliate and then take your time with application (and sit still afterward until it's dry!) Otherwise you might end up with fancy zebra stripes. :-)

I have had spray tans a few times but it always wore off so unevenly that I looked like I had leprosy. (Not that there's anything wrong with lepers... shout out to the leper colony! Wooot.)

Old 12-29-2013, 12:02 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,237,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
stripes. :-)

I have had spray tans a few times but it always wore off so unevenly that I looked like I had leprosy. (Not that there's anything wrong with lepers... shout out to the leper colony! Wooot.)

I don't know if you're just being extra PC or have a really sick sense of humor. Either way, that cracked me up.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:04 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,785,370 times
It would be the sick sense of humor, most definitely. I eat pills, but I'm still weird! :-)

Old 12-29-2013, 01:22 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Not that there's anything wrong with pill eaters...

Old 01-01-2014, 09:38 AM

345 posts, read 1,030,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Spray-on tans are regularly used by celebrities and regular people to add the glow without the danger. It's best if done professionally so you don't look orange!
Had one done in the past... and it was noticeably different than a real tan. Don't think i'll go that route and I've read the chemicals used may be bad for your skin as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
There are lots of sunless tanning products on the market that are safe and effective. I use L'Oreal and have decent results with it. The trick is to exfoliate and then take your time with application (and sit still afterward until it's dry!) Otherwise you might end up with fancy zebra stripes. :-)

Maybe I'll try that out, thanks.

Old 01-01-2014, 09:46 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,109,818 times
To me, any kind of "fake" tan looks horrible. Myself, I just get a little natural sun each day to maintain a light golden tan. A little sun is healthy. I don't like all the chemicals in that other crap, either, they really stink, and I don't think they can be good for you. JMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness