U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 12:39 PM

27,887 posts, read 10,475,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahB60 View Post
Age is just a number jamin
Oh my dear it's far more than that....believe me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 05:52 PM

4,810 posts, read 7,492,517 times
I would try to contact the original GI doctor, there is no excuse for not responding to you. I would make it clear you expect a response or you will report him/her.

Old 06-21-2020, 07:45 PM

3,884 posts, read 2,104,520 times
Here is my take after having 4 colonoscopies. I had a laparoscopic hernia operation and was given general anesthetic. I had the same gas issue for quite a few weeks. In my case it was caused by the drugs which wound up slowing down my motility causing my gas not to move through with its typical speed.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:19 AM

26,661 posts, read 30,916,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I hear you and know that when we go to docs they will "find" issues and procedures to do. All my family that I know of never or if they had issues didn't know and lived long lives...they had none of these procedures back then...I'm just coming from an OLD person's life and experiences. Again, hope you get better.
Do you not understand that the poster had a precancerous polyp removed?

The doc found it because it was there. The fact that no one in your family ever had any tests and lived long lives is totally irrelevant. The doc that did the colonoscopy may have saved a life.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:54 AM

10,137 posts, read 5,146,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

The doc found it because it was there. The fact that no one in your family ever had any tests and lived long lives is totally irrelevant. The doc that did the colonoscopy may have saved a life.
Agreed. Although it could take 10+ years for that polyp to become cancerous it’s good to get them removed.

Old 06-22-2020, 07:06 AM

5,112 posts, read 2,245,056 times
I'm glad I got my 4 polyps removed, but that's just me.

Objectors and science deniers are welcome to keep theirs

I hope you get this resolved , OP. Keep us posted.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:47 PM

29,187 posts, read 35,603,568 times
I have had 4 colonoscopies (mother had colon cancer at 40 so it's a family concern) and never had issue one. Hope you feel better soon.

FWIW, my mother's best friend died of colon cancer because she was sure that the medical professionals were all incompetent and she would not submit to the procedure. One of my best friends was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer at the age of 42 - she had had issues for months but was afraid to go to the dr (her father DIED of colon cancer!). She had about 4 years of on and off intensive chemo and other things...but she died at 46. Such a shame.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:48 PM

29,187 posts, read 35,603,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Exactly. Sheesh.

Old 06-22-2020, 03:08 PM

10 posts, read 2,320 times
Hi I’m so sorry to hear about losing loved ones to this awful disease. I sure have lost relatives as well. Is there anyone out there who encountered issues post colonoscopy like myself? I’m an oddity I guess

I’m doing better today.

Old 06-22-2020, 05:54 PM

2,404 posts, read 1,019,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahB60 View Post
Hi I’m so sorry to hear about losing loved ones to this awful disease. I sure have lost relatives as well. Is there anyone out there who encountered issues post colonoscopy like myself? I’m an oddity I guess

I’m doing better today.
I would call the doctor who did the procedure daily and harass him until he got back to you. I might also make up some symptoms to get a better // more thought out response out of the doctors.

My mom came home from a colonoscopy and weeks later developed an intense pain in her leg. (she said) She was so bad off we took her to the ER and they almost sent her home but eventually found a *leak* in her appendix. At first they told us it was an appendicitis at age 70 but after getting more information it definitely was a leaking situation probably due to the colonoscopy.

Thanks for this post, I have to have this done next year and I will definitely make sure I have a good doctor and not one of those colonoscopy mills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness