U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-23-2020, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Southern California
27,808 posts, read 10,455,567 times
Reputation: 17730

Advertisements

Again, this crusty brown "thing" is on the spot of the smallpox vaccination I got as a kid...somehow I believe there is a connection there....it's not a mole, I have moles, my mother had lots of moles, this is NOT.....

I've had it for well over 10 yrs and it does not bother me and as most of you know I don't run to doctors.....I"ll probably add more oils to the area and kinda peel it off, and we'll see if it comes roaring back...

Good thing I don't wear sleeveless shirts....not a pretty thing.

And I'm not asking for advice as one member said, I'm asking if others experienced this....thanks....

Think I'll rub a little CBD salve on it right now.

 
Old 06-23-2020, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Southern California
27,808 posts, read 10,455,567 times
Reputation: 17730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
A Skin cancer check is quick and easy. Better to catch it early than too late. I had 2 precancerous lesions on my leg and the dermatologist froze them off. I think you should set an appt as soon as possible.
People go for all kinds of skin issues and I NEVER believed this thing is a cancer. And I just muscle tested and I got a NO that it is not.
 
Old 06-23-2020, 12:49 PM
 
1,375 posts, read 2,027,029 times
Reputation: 6645
You asked for other peoples’ thoughts on it. That’s what you’re getting.

It’s probably related to the smallpox vaccine you got over 80 years ago.
 
Old 06-23-2020, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Southern California
27,808 posts, read 10,455,567 times
Reputation: 17730
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
You asked for other peoples’ thoughts on it. That’s what you’re getting.

It’s probably related to the smallpox vaccine you got over 80 years ago.
That's what I think too, but it's over 75 yrs ago.
 
Old 06-23-2020, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Southern California
27,808 posts, read 10,455,567 times
Reputation: 17730
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yes and No, and No redness around the crust.
 
Old 06-23-2020, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Early America
2,132 posts, read 1,044,512 times
Reputation: 4829
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Again, this crusty brown "thing" is on the spot of the smallpox vaccination I got as a kid...somehow I believe there is a connection there....it's not a mole, I have moles, my mother had lots of moles, this is NOT.....

I've had it for well over 10 yrs and it does not bother me and as most of you know I don't run to doctors.....I"ll probably add more oils to the area and kinda peel it off, and we'll see if it comes roaring back...

Good thing I don't wear sleeveless shirts....not a pretty thing.

And I'm not asking for advice as one member said, I'm asking if others experienced this....thanks....

Think I'll rub a little CBD salve on it right now.
If it is seborrheic keratosis, people use all sorts of topical remedies to encourage them to come off (ACV, aloe vera, coconut oil, A&D ointment, and more). You can find their experiences online. But, as I said, they often return in the same or nearby spot; could be soon or might be years. Probably internal cause due to genetic predisposition.

Since it's itchy and resolving, I am curious to know if you increased vitamin D from foods or supplements in the last few months?
 
Old 06-23-2020, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Southern California
27,808 posts, read 10,455,567 times
Reputation: 17730
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
If it is seborrheic keratosis, people use all sorts of topical remedies to encourage them to come off (ACV, aloe vera, coconut oil, A&D ointment, and more). You can find their experiences online. But, as I said, they often return in the same or nearby spot; could be soon or might be years. Probably internal cause due to genetic predisposition.

Since it's itchy and resolving, I am curious to know if you increased vitamin D from foods or supplements in the last few months?
I will use more oils on the area daily as I've neglected that and it's gotten too dry, so maybe it will all come off as some of it has come off lately...and then will it return...that's to be known. I've even smeared zinc oxide on the area over the years.

I take same amount of D daily, most days 5K and some days 10K...
 
Old 06-23-2020, 02:19 PM
 
1,807 posts, read 1,782,517 times
Reputation: 2752
I’ve had basal cell carcinoma removed from my face. The spot was never a mole, just a scab that didn’t heal for a couple of years. I’m scheduled to have another spot removed from scalp next week. That was never a mole either but a crusty flake that started 6 -8 weeks ago.

Never discount anything on the skin as not being cancerous.
 
Old 06-23-2020, 02:57 PM
 
Location: Southern California
27,808 posts, read 10,455,567 times
Reputation: 17730
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
I’ve had basal cell carcinoma removed from my face. The spot was never a mole, just a scab that didn’t heal for a couple of years. I’m scheduled to have another spot removed from scalp next week. That was never a mole either but a crusty flake that started 6 -8 weeks ago.

Never discount anything on the skin as not being cancerous.
One of the supplements I take also is comforting me as it's said MAY prevent cancers...and there have been trials on 4 types and they include skin types. So this thought has been planted in me for many years.
 
Old 06-23-2020, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Central IL
16,951 posts, read 10,117,850 times
Reputation: 40116
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
No skin cancer NEVER entered my mind. When I think of skin cancer, I think of mole. It's a scab that seems to have formed on the spot where smallpox job was given moons ago as I said. What was in that jab, that's what I'm thinking. Weird...
My derma says to be on the lookout for any wound that doesn't heal and just stays crusty or bleeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top