U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 04:48 PM

10,744 posts, read 4,872,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
My friends who have had skin cancer have said it looked like scabs that wouldn't heal. They knew to worry about moles but didn't know scabs could be a problem. I think you should show yours to a doctor. The location could be a coincidence and nothing to do with vaccines you've received.
Several co-workers and a relative have had skin cancers verified by biopsy. None of them started off as "moles", but were scabby patches that never seemed to heal. Not all of them formed on skin that had gotten a lot of sun exposure which surprised them. Luckily they were caught early and removed successfully. Find out definitively. If its not, what did you lose? Nothing. If it is and you don't know, what could you lose? A lot!

Last edited by Parnassia; 06-23-2020 at 05:08 PM..

Old 06-23-2020, 05:18 PM

8,790 posts, read 5,334,352 times
I'll be the first to come out and say that the crusty spot is almost certainly unrelated to an inoculation given 75 years ago. At your age, do you have no other spots on your skin? I'd be more surprised if you didn't. I'm only 51 and have had various spots, of which several were removed (some were keratosis; two were basal cell carcinomas), but I'm a pale Northern European type who has spent a lot of time in the sun.

Last edited by saibot; 06-23-2020 at 05:34 PM..

Old 06-23-2020, 05:20 PM

1,988 posts, read 809,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
One of the supplements I take also is comforting me as it's said MAY prevent cancers...and there have been trials on 4 types and they include skin types. So this thought has been planted in me for many years.
Supplements and staying out of the sun are good things, but I’ve read horror stories about people buying an online salve to remove skin lesions and they ended up with a big hole in their face. Anyway, see a dermatologist if you have questions or this doesn’t heal up. An elderly neighbor in Phoenix said he waited too long to remove a crusty patch on his face and what would have been a simple removal, turned into him getting a big chunk of skin removed.

It’s always better to check it out if you’re not sure. I had several moles removed and aside from the shot, which stings, the process is entirely painless. Plus, think what a relief it will be to have a negative report come back.

Last edited by Taz22; 06-23-2020 at 05:34 PM..

Old 06-23-2020, 05:36 PM

27,808 posts, read 10,455,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
Supplements and staying out of the sun are good things, but I’ve read horror stories about people buying an online salve to remove skin lesions and they ended up with a big hole in their face. Anyway, see a dermatologist if you have questions or this doesn’t heal up. An elderly neighbor in Phoenix said he waited too long to remove a crusty patch on his face and what would have been a simple removal, turned into him getting a big chunk of skin removed.

It’s always better to check it out if you’re not sure. I had several moles removed and aside from the shot, which stings, the process is entirely painless. Plus, think what a relief it will be to have a negative report come back.
It's only been on this vaccination sight for 10 yrs or so, I should have NOT even mentioned it here. I've not been worried. Using more salve and zinc oxide today and feel like more of it is coming off.

Old 06-23-2020, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I'll be the first to come out and say that the crusty spot is almost certainly unrelated to an inoculation given 75 years ago. At your age, do you have no other spots on your skin? I'd be more surprised if you didn't. I'm only 51 and have had various spots, of which several were removed (some were keratosis; two were basal cell carcinomas), but I'm a pale Northern European type who has spent a lot of time in the sun.
I've got some other moles on my body and freckles and a lot of these have faded over the years due to grape seed extract and what it does. I spent years in the SUN, but this is NOT from sun...I essentially came in from sunworshipping in my early 50's...thanks.

And I believe there is a connection from the vaccination...and maybe the tetnus shot I had years ago and MAYBE from a couple flu shots I had yrs ago...which I've mentioned here...they may have been all on the same SPOT. This is my theory...and if the whole thing comes off soon I'll see if returns...

Old 06-23-2020, 05:56 PM

On this skin cancer topic and I have a friend who went thru burning radiation from the doc she believed in and over the years she was trying to recoup and heal from all this work, she found that putting iodine tincture on some of the cancers they did their healing. Long story on this one but just thought about her issues. I've even put some iodine on a couple spots on my legs and they do fade but one has to stay with it...a little iodine almost every day. I know most here aren't interested in this but there is info on this iodine and mole removal online. It sure interests me.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-23-2020 at 06:20 PM..

Old 06-23-2020, 06:26 PM

2,961 posts, read 1,310,664 times
My doctor explained it to me as a common thing in seniors. It is not cancerous just itchy. Dry flat growths that seem as if you can abrade them but no. She told me it is lilkely from sun damage in my youth.
And yes, I liked to get a burnt tan. And there was no UV warning in those days.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:20 PM

8,790 posts, read 5,334,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I've got some other moles on my body and freckles and a lot of these have faded over the years due to grape seed extract and what it does. I spent years in the SUN, but this is NOT from sun...I essentially came in from sunworshipping in my early 50's...thanks.
Skin damage from sun can come back to haunt you decades later, just as people who once smoked can get smoking-related lung disease many years after quitting. It's about lifetime exposure, not recent exposure. I don't know what the thing on your arm is, but there's no way to say it is NOT related to sun, if you once spent a lot of time in the sun.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Skin damage from sun can come back to haunt you decades later, just as people who once smoked can get smoking-related lung disease many years after quitting. It's about lifetime exposure, not recent exposure. I don't know what the thing on your arm is, but there's no way to say it is NOT related to sun, if you once spent a lot of time in the sun.
I don't know how many times I mentioned it, I think it's from the vaccination sight....it's not from sunburn. Take care.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:42 PM

6,669 posts, read 2,796,974 times
It's not normal to have a scab for years.

Get it checked.

It's very simple.

No drama.

No speculation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness