U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 05:46 PM

11,182 posts, read 7,369,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
Attempting to be polite in a conversation and not speaking as if someone else is an idiot (especially when most of us are not usually quite as "smart" as we like to think we are) is hardly a measure of the thickness of one's skin.

Could maybe be the reason for some of those "tough" words...but most of us aren't all that great at self-reflection.

Very well said!

I wish everyone here on CD would think before typing!

As for OP: As long as it isn't COVID, it really doesn't matter whether, or not, it's the flu or a cold. Both treated tame way. Treat the symptoms, hydrate and rest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 06:59 PM

27,947 posts, read 10,496,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Very well said!

I wish everyone here on CD would think before typing!

As for OP: As long as it isn't COVID, it really doesn't matter whether, or not, it's the flu or a cold. Both treated tame way. Treat the symptoms, hydrate and rest!
Amen, so do I.....

Old 06-26-2020, 07:06 PM

16,301 posts, read 33,609,009 times
Male or female?

I had a prostate infection once that gave me those symptoms. Felt like the flu but without upper respiratory symptoms.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:12 PM

1,464 posts, read 430,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
I was tested negative for COVID-19. Now I just have fever (that fluctuates), loss of appetite and some chills. Body aches are mostly gone.

If this is a virus or bacterial infection, then it surely is a strange one.
False negatives, even in the best-case, run about 20%+ for COVID PCR tests. So, a negative test doesn't necessarily preclude you from having it. That said, your symptoms aren't specific enough to rule it in either. Probably flu, just keep an eye out.

Old 06-26-2020, 10:45 PM

31,958 posts, read 49,888,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
I was tested negative for COVID-19. Now I just have fever (that fluctuates), loss of appetite and some chills. Body aches are mostly gone.

If this is a virus or bacterial infection, then it surely is a strange one.
Could be urinary tract infection

Old 06-27-2020, 02:55 AM

10,678 posts, read 8,839,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Male or female?

I had a prostate infection once that gave me those symptoms. Felt like the flu but without upper respiratory symptoms.
Male.

My blood and urine test, and chest x-ray results will be given to me on Monday through a phone call. God, the anxiety is killing me. I'm thinking of the worst case scenario.

Interesting, I do have some of its symptoms like the flu-like symptoms and frequent urination, but I don't have pain during urination. So I don't know?

Old 06-27-2020, 09:09 AM

3,164 posts, read 4,245,783 times
The only proper diagnosis is through a doctor as we all suffer through the flu differently but like others I will throw in what happens when I get the flu which I was diagnosed with this past fall after testing. I believe I had either A or B, I can’t remember but I get severe muscle aches in my back and neck. Usually one side. As someone who has no medical background I for the life of me can’t fathom how having what feels like a sprained neck or back muscle could be the flu, but for me it is. Other than being a bit tired those are the only symptoms I get.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Oh for the good old days when we just had the regular flu!

Old 06-27-2020, 01:01 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,030,454 times
Dear god. This is whole new level of whack.

Old 06-27-2020, 01:11 PM

27,947 posts, read 10,496,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
Dear god. This is whole new level of whack.
Oh for sure, getting the body and mind into a MORE positive place is a lot of whack...not doing that is more...

Old 06-27-2020, 01:35 PM

1,900 posts, read 985,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
So many are freaking out since this virus hit and needlessly so I believe. I do pendulum dowsing for so much of my health and life questions and I just did one for you LONG DISTANCE and it says you do NOT have Covid -- trust this info or continue to live in high anxiety.

And you can affirm in your mind that you "do not have it"... get rid of the negative thinking.

And this morning I've chosen NOT to turn on any news of any kind to not get bombarded with the CV over and over and over.... Take care,
Maybe you should start watching some news, that way you will know what is going on, and how many are dying, a horrible death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness