U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 04:17 PM

1,381 posts, read 2,030,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh for sure, getting the body and mind into a MORE positive place is a lot of whack...not doing that is more...
I don’t have a problem with positive thinking and mindfulness, but for you to assert you can divine an anonymous poster’s health situation is ludicrous and delusional.

Yeah, yeah, I know. It’s been working for you and you’re almost 82.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 07:16 PM

24 posts, read 1,390 times
Boy I hope you feel better soon Ethereal..... I havent been feeling good either the last several months........ I have had different symptoms....... I take high dose vit-c or cocunut oil and thankfully it takes care of it......

I dont wanna derail your thread.... I hope you feel better soon

Old 06-27-2020, 07:21 PM

27,947 posts, read 10,496,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
I don’t have a problem with positive thinking and mindfulness, but for you to assert you can divine an anonymous poster’s health situation is ludicrous and delusional.

Yeah, yeah, I know. It’s been working for you and you’re almost 82.
I often wonder how old some folks around here are, no idea on most and I don't keep my age a secret anywhere and actually to be proud of my good health as I am aging and I have gotten a lot of "flack" from so many like you who seem to have a problem with the way I take care of myself. Interesting insight. It's been going on since I arrived at C-D.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:21 PM

5,059 posts, read 3,748,141 times
Sounds a lot like mononucleosis.

Old 06-27-2020, 11:59 PM

10,678 posts, read 8,839,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
Sounds a lot like mononucleosis.
Interestingly, the doctor wrote that down as a possibility. My fever has gone low today, but I won't be surprised if it rises again. I still feel fatigued and also very anxious, as I am waiting for the results tomorrow.

I don't have swollen nymph nodes nor a sore throat (yet?). Are they usually the first symptoms? Five days since I got sick and I don't have them. That said, my tongue has become whitish in colour. Probably because of dehydration and how dried it became. And the back of it is a bit cracky and it kinda hurts - Does that count as a sore throat?

Old Yesterday, 03:46 AM

190 posts, read 58,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Male.

My blood and urine test, and chest x-ray results will be given to me on Monday through a phone call. God, the anxiety is killing me. I'm thinking of the worst case scenario.

Interesting, I do have some of its symptoms like the flu-like symptoms and frequent urination, but I don't have pain during urination. So I don't know?
Emergency COVID-19 symptoms would look something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n4xGaUWQqk

and dire COVID-19 symptoms would look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPg33gtG0u0

The symptoms to watch out for are shortness of breath (gasping/panting), fever, and dry cough.

If you don't look like these videos, then you're probably not in need of going to the emergency room.

Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM

2,197 posts, read 1,097,199 times
Quote:
I was tested negative for COVID-19. Now I just have fever (that fluctuates), loss of appetite and some chills. Body aches are mostly gone.

If this is a virus or bacterial infection, then it surely is a strange one.
If you get loss of taste and smell have another covid-19 test. Loss of taste and smell is one of the symptoms of Covid and most who get body aches and fever do report this.

Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM

2,197 posts, read 1,097,199 times
Quote:
Interestingly, the doctor wrote that down as a possibility. My fever has gone low today, but I won't be surprised if it rises again. I still feel fatigued and also very anxious, as I am waiting for the results tomorrow.

I don't have swollen nymph nodes nor a sore throat (yet?). Are they usually the first symptoms? Five days since I got sick and I don't have them. That said, my tongue has become whitish in colour. Probably because of dehydration and how dried it became. And the back of it is a bit cracky and it kinda hurts - Does that count as a sore throat?
I have had the flu twice. Once a summer flu when I was about 21. Knocked me for a loop for a week and then I tried to go back to work and was down for a couple more days. The last time was a few years back at about 60. I was down for about 5-7 days. Couldn't get up out of my chair that I curled up in. Hope it is only the flu but treat it like you have Covid even if tests came back negative. Could also be strep but if you saw your doctor directly he or she should have been able to detect that. Stay inside until you feel better for at least a week. Drink plenty of fluids. If someone shops for you have them pick up some Vitamin D3 and Vitamin C.

Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM

27,947 posts, read 10,496,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
I have had the flu twice. Once a summer flu when I was about 21. Knocked me for a loop for a week and then I tried to go back to work and was down for a couple more days. The last time was a few years back at about 60. I was down for about 5-7 days. Couldn't get up out of my chair that I curled up in. Hope it is only the flu but treat it like you have Covid even if tests came back negative. Could also be strep but if you saw your doctor directly he or she should have been able to detect that. Stay inside until you feel better for at least a week. Drink plenty of fluids. If someone shops for you have them pick up some Vitamin D3 and Vitamin C.
Sound advice, don't get dehydrated and dried out. And take the antioxidants and other supports....

Drink some hot teas and broths...so much WE CAN DO...

Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM

11,182 posts, read 7,369,113 times
Default COVID-19 Symptom Checker

https://www.webmd.com/coronavirus/co...nBEOjmDKZdk%3d

Here ya go!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness