Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 12:49 AM

11,646 posts, read 12,883,428 times

Advertisements

I am actually starting to cough now, albeit infrequently. And after 5 days of getting ill? Odd...

My blood test results came out. Said my liver levels were slightly low and he wanted me to check if I had hepatitis just to be on the safe side (so another blood test, as well as an abdomen chest).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Thanks. Here is what my result said:

"Self-isolate.

You have symptoms that are common for people with COVID-19, but they are also symptoms of other illnesses. Because you don't know, you will need to take precautions as though you have the virus.

While you isolate, you’ll need to monitor your symptoms. You need to call the doctor if they get worse, or if you have shortness of breath.
"

As I said, I was TESTED NEGATIVE either way. I won't be very anxious about it. To be honest, when I made the the thread, I was thinking of cancer or something. Because you can get flu-like symptoms for cancer. I was more fearful of that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 07:47 AM

2,188 posts, read 1,125,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

As I said, I was TESTED NEGATIVE either way. I won't be very anxious about it. To be honest, when I made the the thread, I was thinking of cancer or something. Because you can get flu-like symptoms for cancer. I was more fearful of that.
As I said before: Even in the best-case scenario (aka your viral load is at it's highest peak when you have the test done), COVID PCR tests run at least 20% false negative.

I'm not saying this to freak you out or to say that you have it. However, simply the fact that you "tested negative" doesn't mean you don't.

Old 08-20-2020, 02:58 AM

11,646 posts, read 12,883,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
As I said before: Even in the best-case scenario (aka your viral load is at it's highest peak when you have the test done), COVID PCR tests run at least 20% false negative.

I'm not saying this to freak you out or to say that you have it. However, simply the fact that you "tested negative" doesn't mean you don't.
So nearly two months now after I had this strange virus, my symptoms haven't worsened or anything. And it definitely was not COVID-19.

However, this illness spiked up my anxiety. I had like 4 blood tests and now a brain MRI because of it (all came out normal mind you). My blood pressure also rose and I'm going to see a cardiologist soon. They had me see a psychologist because I have hypochondria (health anxiety). I am now just having headaches and at times chest pains (they say this is all from anxiety). I am not fatigued though and I feel normal physically.

Next year I will be a getting a flu shot. My sister gets it annually and her flu symptoms are usually mild. Would anybody recommend a flu shot?

Old 08-20-2020, 03:28 AM

37,016 posts, read 41,066,329 times
Quote:
Would anybody recommend a flu shot?
Yes, definitely.

I already had mine.

Old 08-20-2020, 04:18 AM

2,227 posts, read 1,461,442 times
Quote:
So nearly two months now after I had this strange virus, my symptoms haven't worsened or anything. And it definitely was not COVID-19.

However, this illness spiked up my anxiety. I had like 4 blood tests and now a brain MRI because of it (all came out normal mind you). My blood pressure also rose and I'm going to see a cardiologist soon. They had me see a psychologist because I have hypochondria (health anxiety). I am now just having headaches and at times chest pains (they say this is all from anxiety). I am not fatigued though and I feel normal physically.

Next year I will be a getting a flu shot. My sister gets it annually and her flu symptoms are usually mild. Would anybody recommend a flu shot?
Why would you not get a flu shot?
We have been very fortunate this year that there is almost no flu around. But most winters it can be very nasty. If we are rid of this rotten virus by next winter I expect the flu will be back.

Old 08-20-2020, 09:29 AM

3,100 posts, read 2,044,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaAnna View Post
Why would you not get a flu shot?
We have been very fortunate this year that there is almost no flu around. But most winters it can be very nasty. If we are rid of this rotten virus by next winter I expect the flu will be back.
I don't think the flu is on vacation. Maybe it's because people are taking better precautions against viruses. Like properly washing their hands to reduce their risk of contracting a virus or spreading it around, distancing, and supporting their immune systems with better diet, sleep, physical activity and minimizing stress.

Old 08-20-2020, 10:52 AM

3,200 posts, read 2,399,571 times
Quote:

But, you still have symptoms? Ask your doctor for an antibody test. As others said, sometimes the tests don't detect it if they don't go far up into your nose. An antibody test will show if you had it and then you can stop worrying about other illnesses. For some, the effects of Covid can last for months even though the virus has left the body.

For a laugh watch this https://youtu.be/wBHyKGAvD2Q
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness