U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old Yesterday, 11:58 PM
 
5,857 posts, read 8,686,353 times
Reputation: 6395

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Interesting snarky response from someone with your user name.

I would think you know your body well enough to know when something is different regarding the difference between your usual stuffy nose and something more sinister.

I get seasonal allergies, yet, what I had last September was unlike anything I had experienced with my usual runny nose and cough. The wheezing was unbelievable. I've never wheezed like that in my life. I suffered for weeks and the Doctor at the clinic could offer nothing but it's bad seasonal allergies. I woke up gasping, coughing, wheezing and struggling to breath. Like an elephant was sitting on my chest. This went on for 8 weeks. Was it Covid? I'll never know until a more reliable titer test becomes available.

My husband gets bronchitis almost yearly. Back in February he complained of a headache unlike anything he's ever experienced before. He had a fever one night and his inability to breathe bought him a trip to the doctor. He had a clear chest xray but he needed a nebulizer treatment and an inhaler for home. The medication they gave him did nothing. He was sick a good 8 weeks. Was it Covid? We'll never know without a good reliable titer test.

Our neighbors son tested positive for Covid. He said he had the worst headache he's ever had in his life. He's in his 20's and caught it going to visit a friend.

Yes Covid shares symptoms with other diseases, but you know when your body is different. Don't take this lightly. This is no joke.
I’m gonna say you didn’t have it in September because DNA sequencing shows it didn’t exist prior to November.

 
Old Today, 05:55 AM
 
Location: The Driftless Area, WI
4,024 posts, read 1,571,568 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

So...they're basically saying if you feel sick, you might have CoViD. Good to know. I never would have guessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
127k dead and climbing in the US. 491k worlwide but let’s make flippant comments.

Keep things in perspective-- 80 Million people die each year "normally." Those half million CoV deaths are only 0.6% of the total-- and most of them aren't "extra" deaths, but people who would have died this year anyway.


>>I’m gonna say you didn’t have it in September because DNA sequencing shows it didn’t exist prior to November.<<…


....at least that's what the lying Chinese govt is telling us.
 
Old Today, 06:31 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
75,914 posts, read 88,791,640 times
Reputation: 46728
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Hmmm...my sometimes stuffy morning nose clears right up the minute I get out of bed, get vertical, and start moving around - no deep nose breathing required - guess I'm just lucky! Double amazing - so blessed.

But to the topic at hand...symptoms of a disease don't have to be unique to that disease. Just think, Jamin - you can be tired due to low thyroid, to anemia, to low blood sugar, to depression, or because you ran out of supps. Doesn't mean that symptom is irrelevant, just that it has to be considered along with everything else to further pinpoint the root cause. No one says that everyone with a runny nose has COVID.
Hey, you forgot, we can be tired simply because we are getting old or because we spent the night before rolling and tossing instead of a deep sleep.
 
Old Today, 06:42 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
75,914 posts, read 88,791,640 times
Reputation: 46728
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
So...they're basically saying if you feel sick, you might have CoViD. Good to know. I never would have guessed.




Keep things in perspective-- 80 Million people die each year "normally." Those half million CoV deaths are only 0.6% of the total-- and most of them aren't "extra" deaths, but people who would have died this year anyway.


>>I’m gonna say you didn’t have it in September because DNA sequencing shows it didn’t exist prior to November.<<…


....at least that's what the lying Chinese govt is telling us.
I think, though we all need to know the symptoms, you have hit the nail on the head. What we are now hearing is every symptom any of us have could be COVID> Enough for heavens sake.

As you are saying, we can't put too much into what China tells us.

As for cases and deaths: the positive thing some are not mentioning or even realizing is: more are testing positive because of more testing: though the death rate is going up, in reality, the numbers are stablizing and the number being admitted to hospitals in proportion to testing is not increasing. We are only hearing the negative side.

Also, the 24/7 media is scaring us to death. As said before: we can go back to the Asian flu or polio but we didn't have constant access to all the news like we do today. We just lived with the knowledge there was a bad bug out there.
 
Old Today, 07:22 AM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
63,222 posts, read 59,918,160 times
Reputation: 76217
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
So...they're basically saying if you feel sick, you might have CoViD. Good to know. I never would have guessed.




Keep things in perspective-- 80 Million people die each year "normally." Those half million CoV deaths are only 0.6% of the total-- and most of them aren't "extra" deaths, but people who would have died this year anyway.


>>I’m gonna say you didn’t have it in September because DNA sequencing shows it didn’t exist prior to November.<<…


....at least that's what the lying Chinese govt is telling us.
That's not true here in NJ.

Vital statistics released by the state show the total number of deaths by any cause between March and April rose from 12,567 last year to 23,070 this year. The 10,503 additional deaths recorded this year represent an 83% increase over 2019.

https://whyy.org/articles/n-j-sees-c...l-covid-tally/

Of course, all you had to do was open the newspaper and notice that the obituary section, usually two or three pages long, was now seven.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: //www.city-data.com/terms.html
 
Old Today, 09:27 AM
 
Location: Chicago area
15,955 posts, read 8,792,263 times
Reputation: 57611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Omg....that's why I'm scared of it ...not the dying part ...what you said!
So sorry.
Thank you. Whatever I had in September was horrible, and so was whatever my husband had in February. Who wants to be that sick.

It's not just black and white with this bug. Some people have to go to rehab after being in a hospital for a month or more. That could mean having your life disrupted for 2 or 3 months. One young girl had a double lung transplant because of Covid here in Chicago.

I'm glad you're scared of it. As my friend said who is still working as a Respiratory Therapist "Whoever doesn't take this seriously is in big trouble." What I saw with the H1N1 pandemic was concerning. Covid is far more serious. There are so many variables with this bug, and we don't know if you're immune once you've had it. We also don't know if it can lie dormant in your body and reek havoc later. Best to avoid it.
 
Old Today, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Chicago area
15,955 posts, read 8,792,263 times
Reputation: 57611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
I’m gonna say you didn’t have it in September because DNA sequencing shows it didn’t exist prior to November.
I've read that too, but they may have been wrong. What we do know is that the RNA is very similar to SARS CoV in 2003. Could there have been a different strain of Covid related to SARS CoV earlier than reported? We do know that Covid is mutating, as these things do. Perhaps the Wuhan strain was more virulent and a lesser strain went unnoticed? There are 4 different strains of Coronavirus that cause the common cold. There are now 3 SARS coronavirus. The first was SARS Cov in 2003. MERS in 2012, and now Covid.

Virologist can make a ballpark guess as to when the virus was circulating. Some say as early as October.

I do know that I was thinking that this was a new bug because I've never had anything like this. It went straight to my chest and then to my sinuses.

I have a friend that's a little on the conspiracy driven side of this but he insists that his relative who is pretty high up in the military told him that this has been around since September. It was designed to be released in Hong Kong to stomp out the political unrest, but got out of hand accidentally. Okay, I take that with a grain of salt. The virologist can do remarkable work, but they can also be off in time lines. They still don't know exactly where it came from, and given China's secrecy? We may never know.

I sincerely hope it wasn't Covid and it sure looks like what my husband had in February very well could have been. I would love to have an antibody test when ever the FDA gets their act together and rids the market of the unreliable tests. That's the only way to ever know for sure.

It's a mysterious disease. Our neighbors son tested positive and said the same thing as my husband did about it being the worst headache he's ever had in his life. Nobody else, including his grandfather got sick with it fortunately, and I never caught what my husband had. The neighbor next to them had an aunt in the hospital with it for a month. Why does it kill some, spare others, and is asymtomatic in many others?

So many questions, so few answers yet.
 
Old Today, 10:36 AM
 
Location: The Driftless Area, WI
4,024 posts, read 1,571,568 times
Reputation: 9357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's not true here in NJ.

Vital statistics released by the state show the total number of deaths by any cause between March and April rose from 12,567 last year to 23,070 this year. The 10,503 additional deaths recorded this year represent an 83% increase over 2019.

.

BUT-- how many of the "extra" 10,000 deaths were people who were going to die from something else later in the year had they not contracted CoV this spring?.... We should wait to talk about this until next Mar/Apr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

As for cases and deaths: the positive thing some are not mentioning or even realizing is: more are testing positive because of more testing: though the death rate is going up, in reality, the numbers are stablizing and the number being admitted to hospitals in proportion to testing is not increasing. We are only hearing the negative side.

Right. CoViD diagnosed by testing of larger numbers of people makes it look like there's a "spike" in new cases, BUT- the rate of hospitalizations is flattening out, and, presumably, the rate of hospitalizations is proportional to the number of cases, so no spike, despite the fear mongering of the press. https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/COVIDNet/COVID19_3.html


For those old enough to remember the nightly news reports during the Viet Nam War, they continually reported the daily death count ("3,527 Viet Cong killed and 6 Americans"), as if that was an indicator of how the war was going....The Press is not only lazy, they're stupid too.
 
Old Today, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Southwest Washington State
26,498 posts, read 17,114,097 times
Reputation: 40343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
We'll disagree as usual. Pretty close in my thinking. A lot of similarities in both. So much is still being unraveled with the Covid as we all know.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...019-vs-the-flu
Scientists who study disease agree that covid-19 is not a flu. Nor is it a bad cold.

This is one reason why we need new treatments and a new vaccine. We have no immunity to this “novel” coronavirus, as we do to flu.

Why is this an issue?
 
Old Today, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Southern California
27,887 posts, read 10,475,457 times
Reputation: 17794
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Hey, you forgot, we can be tired simply because we are getting old or because we spent the night before rolling and tossing instead of a deep sleep.
Tossing I can't do that if I tried due to joint mess and if I roll on shoulders, omg....so my bed looks hardly slept in when I wake after GOOD 8 hrs of restorative sleep.

Things got a lot better with the addition of Tryptophan and B6 about 30 minutes before I hit the pillow...now right back to sleep after bathroom trips. Why not go with this and see what it brings you nmnita....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top