Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 01:27 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cdc-a...mptoms-to-list

Quote:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) appears to have recently added three new symptoms of the novel coronavirus to its ongoing list.
Congestion or runny nose, nausea, and diarrhea were added, joining the federal agency's list that already included fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell and sore throat.

FYI!

Old 06-25-2020, 02:03 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Oh good glad the CDC comes thru with more, things that the flu people have been having for years....Just thinking I have some congestion and a runny nose when I wake up after 8 good hrs of sleep so I must have the CV... But then I do my deep nose breathing and my issues are gone for the day...amazing.

Old 06-25-2020, 02:21 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times
COVID 19 IS NOT the flu!

Old 06-25-2020, 06:54 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
COVID 19 IS NOT the flu!
We'll disagree as usual. Pretty close in my thinking. A lot of similarities in both. So much is still being unraveled with the Covid as we all know.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...019-vs-the-flu

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-25-2020 at 07:24 PM..

Old 06-26-2020, 02:39 AM

9,364 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh good glad the CDC comes thru with more, things that the flu people have been having for years....Just thinking I have some congestion and a runny nose when I wake up after 8 good hrs of sleep so I must have the CV... But then I do my deep nose breathing and my issues are gone for the day...amazing.
Exactly.

I wake up everyday with a bit of congestion, then drink water first thing and it usually clears. If not, then I spray up a saline solution, but haven't had to do that in several months.

Colds and influenzas are types of sphere-and-spike-shaped (corona) viruses, though to be sure SARS-CoV-2 (aka CoViD-19 and more vaguely "coronavirus") is a different animal, as it were.

If one becomes ill with any of the symptoms listed, the only way to improve the chances of knowing exactly what virus it may be is to get tested, and even then the tests are not 100% fool-proof every time.

Anyway, I encourage for everyone prudent behavior and pro-active enhancement of the immune system.

All the best!

Old 06-26-2020, 05:24 AM

88,573 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
We'll disagree as usual. Pretty close in my thinking. A lot of similarities in both. So much is still being unraveled with the Covid as we all know.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...019-vs-the-flu
Your article specifically explains how a corona virus and influenza are different.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
maybe we should just admit: if you are still alive and have any ailment what so ever, it must be COVID> this is just getting out of hand truthfully.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
and I have it too: I wake up, sometimes in the middle of the night with a stuffy nose, maybe I should be tested right this minute. Of course the testing centers are not open this early, but I will drive there and just wait. Of course hubby has to clear his throat every morning, so I guess he has the virus all the time!!!

Old 06-26-2020, 06:34 AM

9,364 posts, read 14,307,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Your article specifically explains how a corona virus and influenza are different.
Yes, but superficially.

Cold, influenza, SARS-CoViD-2 (aka CoViD-19 or colloquially "coronavirus") and other viruses all have a similar sphere-and-spike shape, i.e. they are all head-and-crown-shaped viruses (coronaviruses). When they infect humans, the symptoms, or some of them, can be similar.

If I understand correctly, viruses are complex strands of proteins - amino acids containing, among other atoms and molecules, carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen and then a uniquely identifying R group, and that's about as far as I can go -, proteins that can interact with human cells, often harmfully in various ways depending on the body chemistry of both the pathogen and the host.

I understand that an in-depth analysis of the proteins (especially their R group components) involved and their interactions may be too technical for most average people, and indeed it is a challenge for the experts, some of whom are working on vaccines or mitigative anecdotes as we speak.

Good Luck!

Old 06-26-2020, 06:58 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Hmmm...my sometimes stuffy morning nose clears right up the minute I get out of bed, get vertical, and start moving around - no deep nose breathing required - guess I'm just lucky! Double amazing - so blessed.

But to the topic at hand...symptoms of a disease don't have to be unique to that disease. Just think, Jamin - you can be tired due to low thyroid, to anemia, to low blood sugar, to depression, or because you ran out of supps. Doesn't mean that symptom is irrelevant, just that it has to be considered along with everything else to further pinpoint the root cause. No one says that everyone with a runny nose has COVID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness