Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 07:41 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Your article specifically explains how a corona virus and influenza are different.
Your mistake was in assuming that she actually read the article.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:05 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Oh good glad the CDC comes thru with more, things that the flu people have been having for years....Just thinking I have some congestion and a runny nose when I wake up after 8 good hrs of sleep so I must have the CV... But then I do my deep nose breathing and my issues are gone for the day...amazing.
Interesting snarky response from someone with your user name.

I would think you know your body well enough to know when something is different regarding the difference between your usual stuffy nose and something more sinister.

I get seasonal allergies, yet, what I had last September was unlike anything I had experienced with my usual runny nose and cough. The wheezing was unbelievable. I've never wheezed like that in my life. I suffered for weeks and the Doctor at the clinic could offer nothing but it's bad seasonal allergies. I woke up gasping, coughing, wheezing and struggling to breath. Like an elephant was sitting on my chest. This went on for 8 weeks. Was it Covid? I'll never know until a more reliable titer test becomes available.

My husband gets bronchitis almost yearly. Back in February he complained of a headache unlike anything he's ever experienced before. He had a fever one night and his inability to breathe bought him a trip to the doctor. He had a clear chest xray but he needed a nebulizer treatment and an inhaler for home. The medication they gave him did nothing. He was sick a good 8 weeks. Was it Covid? We'll never know without a good reliable titer test.

Our neighbors son tested positive for Covid. He said he had the worst headache he's ever had in his life. He's in his 20's and caught it going to visit a friend.

Yes Covid shares symptoms with other diseases, but you know when your body is different. Don't take this lightly. This is no joke.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:22 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Hmmm...my sometimes stuffy morning nose clears right up the minute I get out of bed, get vertical, and start moving around - no deep nose breathing required - guess I'm just lucky! Double amazing - so blessed.

But to the topic at hand...symptoms of a disease don't have to be unique to that disease. Just think, Jamin - you can be tired due to low thyroid, to anemia, to low blood sugar, to depression, or because you ran out of supps. Doesn't mean that symptom is irrelevant, just that it has to be considered along with everything else to further pinpoint the root cause. No one says that everyone with a runny nose has COVID.
So that is YOU, not ME....and I never had this issue until about a year ago....so things change in our bodies and with age, that's a given....just WAIT..... And your other comments, I'm fine there...again thanks for your sage advice....

Old 06-26-2020, 12:50 PM

2,893 posts, read 2,143,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
maybe we should just admit: if you are still alive and have any ailment what so ever, it must be COVID> this is just getting out of hand truthfully.

this is why we have a diagnostic test.

Old 06-26-2020, 02:56 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,763,844 times
127k dead and climbing in the US. 491k worlwide but let’s make flippant comments.

Old 06-26-2020, 04:19 PM

1,348 posts, read 707,025 times
Quote:
Oh good glad the CDC comes thru with more, things that the flu people have been having for years....Just thinking I have some congestion and a runny nose when I wake up after 8 good hrs of sleep so I must have the CV... But then I do my deep nose breathing and my issues are gone for the day...amazing.
not a flu moron

Old 06-26-2020, 04:48 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
... gasping, coughing, wheezing and struggling to breath.
Like an elephant was sitting on my chest
. This went on for 8 weeks. Was it Covid?
I'll never know until a more reliable titer test becomes available. .....

Don't take this lightly. This is no joke.
Omg....that's why I'm scared of it ...not the dying part ...what you said!
So sorry.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:02 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
We'll disagree as usual. Pretty close in my thinking. A lot of similarities in both. So much is still being unraveled with the Covid as we all know.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...019-vs-the-flu
This info link has TOO TOO Many Similars on the Flues.

Can't say ENOUGH or TOO MUCH...Get Your Immune System Strong...

I swear no one else on this whole forum talks this language.....

Old 06-26-2020, 07:24 PM

2,194 posts, read 1,140,087 times
Quote:
This info link has TOO TOO Many Similars on the Flues.

Can't say ENOUGH or TOO MUCH...Get Your Immune System Strong...

I swear no one else on this whole forum talks this language.....
Maybe because it's just a bit too symplistic.

Why else are there some 20 year smokers who keel over with lung cancer or heart disease at 50 while others are still puffing it up at 85?

Despite living pretty similar lifestyles, my wife tends to get cold/flu 2-3 times a year, while I rarely get sick. Hmm?

Even early evidence from COVID shows that some blood types are higher risk.

There's plenty of evidence that genetics may play as much if not even more of a role than lifestyle.

Might your "building your immune system" be helping you? Sure. Might you have the exact same health if you never took a supplement, ate cheeseburgers every day, and drank a fifth of whisky every night? Also possible.

Old 06-26-2020, 10:18 PM

5,712 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
Maybe because it's just a bit too symplistic. .

When all you've got is a hammer...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness