Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 07:25 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times

Advertisements

I know people are pregnant right now all over, HOWEVER, would you purposefully want to be pregnant during COVID?

I'd wait! Ironically, my Mom & I were talking about this for just a bit the other day. Heck NO would I want to be pregnant now in these uncertain times (& my Mom wouldn't want me too either)!

That's the thing. THIS, YOU can control (by using birth control), so I wouldn't want to tie myself up like this now. How do you know they don't come up with a vaccine, but won't allow pregnant women to take it because it's too risky. Then, you'll really be in the vulnerable group or God knows what else. HECK NO, NO WAY.

To those who found out they were pregnant right before COVID was known to the USA, then OK, but to still get pregnant knowing there's COVID, I think in a way that's unnecessarily putting another life (one's baby) at risk. None us know what's going to happen, so why put your body/health in a vulnerable position NOW?! Now's the time for everyone to be in as much tip top shape as possible.

Think about it, do you really want to have to worry about this while pregnant during COVID:

- Going back & forth to dr appts exposing yourself more
- Wearing masks
- Not feeling your best / going through morning sickness
- Having swollen feet
- Not being able to move around well
- Worry about getting COVID while pregnant

I'd personally want to have a nice, calm, pleasant time & ENJOY being pregnant & these times aren't it. I'm not saying things won't go well, but why put yourself through the EXTRA worries/hassles?

If it were up to me, I'd shut down anyone getting pregnant since mid-March in this country...just like they shut down the stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 07:51 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,812,763 times
Frankly I don know why anyone would want to have a baby in the current climate as it is, not including the virus. Its not a great time to bring a child into the world. I would certainly think twice before trying have a child before we can get a hold of COVID 19. It seems a little nutty to me.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:07 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I would certainly think twice before trying have a child before we can get a hold of COVID 19. It seems a little nutty to me.
Obviously, any woman whose due date has fallen from between March to December of 2020 would not have been able to foresee this pandemic happening.

Old 07-10-2020, 11:20 PM

8,205 posts, read 3,479,506 times
My step-sister died back in May after complications. The hospital is iffy under good circumstances, and they weren't allowing family to stay with her. When she developed complications there was no one there to advocate for her, and she died before it dawned on them that something was wrong. The baby still has his dad, but he will never know his mom. She was 27 years old. He was her first born. None of them had covid.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:23 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
My step-sister died back in May after complications. The hospital is iffy under good circumstances, and they weren't allowing family to stay with her. When she developed complications there was no one there to advocate for her, and she died before it dawned on them that something was wrong. The baby still has his dad, but he will never know his mom. She was 27 years old. He was her first born. None of them had covid.
I’m so sorry to hear that yspobo. I have one friend who had a baby a few days before they stopped letting partners into the hospital with the mom. His baby had a minor issue at birth and he said he basically had to figure it out because everyone seemed so preoccupied with COVID-19 (even though they had few patients at that point). It was definitely to everyone’s benefit to have Dad there with Mom and Baby. I think some hospitals realize that having a partner there is to the mom and baby’s benefit, but I am not sure every hospital has realized that. Chances are, if Mom has COVID-19, her partner will also have been exposed.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:06 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,982,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Frankly I don know why anyone would want to have a baby in the current climate as it is, not including the virus. Its not a great time to bring a child into the world. I would certainly think twice before trying have a child before we can get a hold of COVID 19. It seems a little nutty to me.

...good thing the people who lived during the black plague didn't have your attitude...

Old 07-11-2020, 06:50 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I know people are pregnant right now all over, HOWEVER, would you purposefully want to be pregnant during COVID?

I'd wait! Ironically, my Mom & I were talking about this for just a bit the other day. Heck NO would I want to be pregnant now in these uncertain times (& my Mom wouldn't want me too either)!

That's the thing. THIS, YOU can control (by using birth control), so I wouldn't want to tie myself up like this now. How do you know they don't come up with a vaccine, but won't allow pregnant women to take it because it's too risky. Then, you'll really be in the vulnerable group or God knows what else. HECK NO, NO WAY.

To those who found out they were pregnant right before COVID was known to the USA, then OK, but to still get pregnant knowing there's COVID, I think in a way that's unnecessarily putting another life (one's baby) at risk. None us know what's going to happen, so why put your body/health in a vulnerable position NOW?! Now's the time for everyone to be in as much tip top shape as possible.

Think about it, do you really want to have to worry about this while pregnant during COVID:

- Wearing masks
- Having swollen feet

I'd personally want to have a nice, calm, pleasant time & ENJOY being pregnant & these times aren't it. I'm not saying things won't go well, but why put yourself through the EXTRA worries/hassles?

If it were up to me, I'd shut down anyone getting pregnant since mid-March in this country...just like they shut down the stores.

So...um..... just what do you think couples who've been furloughed, or "working from home", stuck at home with nowhere to go are going to do with all that free time...? Like folks in like situations have done for eons....

Though I agree with you about this not being an optimum time to bring a new life into this crazy world. Still it's going to happen.

Old 07-11-2020, 07:21 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
Quote:

- Wearing masks
- Having swollen feet

Maybe those trying to get pregnant forever aren't going to stress about it. I'm not sure why you're so stressed about it.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:14 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So...um..... just what do you think couples who've been furloughed, or "working from home", stuck at home with nowhere to go are going to do with all that free time...? Like folks in like situations have done for eons....

Though I agree with you about this not being an optimum time to bring a new life into this crazy world. Still it's going to happen.
Yep, that's what I'm afraid of...even more people are going to get pregnant. But again, THEY have the control & common sense to not allow themselves to get pregnant if they don't want to endure the list of concerns (& more) that I listed above.

Unfortunately, yep, there's nothing we can do to stop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
Maybe those trying to get pregnant forever aren't going to stress about it. I'm not sure why you're so stressed about it.
I'm not stressed. It's really not a good time to bring kids into the world. It's crazy & uncertain. Nevertheless, adults are going to make that decision i which THEIR desires supercede the well being of the innocent babies they give birth to.

And I never had children either, so mentality is NOT like I had my kids, but no one else can now.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:13 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
Quote:

I'm not stressed. It's really not a good time to bring kids into the world. It's crazy & uncertain. Nevertheless, adults are going to make that decision i which THEIR desires supercede the well being of the innocent babies they give birth to.

And I never had children either, so mentality is NOT like I had my kids, but no one else can now.
I've never had kids either. But it's always a bad time to bring kids into the world for someone, somewhere.

People have high risk pregnancies all of the time whether it's due to age, pre-existing conditions and/or possible genetic issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness