Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2020, 05:11 PM

29,870 posts, read 11,469,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Some are born worriers and live that way most of their lives, and some work to change that constant worry state. If I hadn't worked on myself about the worry stuff, I could be a basket case now. Do things to change the brain's thinking and other stuff to keep healthy.

For me it's a HIGH not to turn on any media so far and not hear the constant bombardment of negative feed.
Well you are here reading coronavirus threads so I don't think you are totally avoiding it. For me its being informed but not scared. I want to know how to best avoid it and then go about my day limiting high risk situations. That's all you can do. I am not going to hide like a hermit day and night. I am also not going to act like its just the flu and put myself at risk. That is foolish.

Since information seems to always be evolving its good to keep up with what is being said.

I feel bad for people like my mom. She is 89 and in pretty good health. She still walks without needing any assistance and I used to take her out to breakfast once a week it was good for her to get out of the house. With this pandemic that of course is not happening now. When you are 89 there is no guarantee you will be still around when everything returns to normal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2020, 05:19 PM

36,972 posts, read 40,978,179 times
Quote:
Just thinking about your words and I never get sick, no colds no flu and no vaccines...

So over the months I've heard so many opinions on why people get this and I've heard more than a couple times it may be hitting those more who continually get the flu vaccines every year....kinda makes some sense to me, as hitting the body with all the toxins in them certainly cannot strengthen the immune system....

And it hits their respiratory systems and hence the breathing and ventilators.

So could be MOST that have died early on did have a highly compromised immune system from years of vaccines...and that would mean nursing home people, the elderly and my thinking they've all gone for the vaccines...unless they have other thinking on keeping healthy during the flu seasons.

My daughter believes since her children now 23 and 20 had way too many vaccine as babies and that they are hit with more health issues over the last 15 yrs or so.

My theory on it all.

Well, I just looked up this theory and there is a lot of info that says YES.....

And I'm not starting a topic that is not allowed here, but it's something to THINK ABOUT.

Interested check out doctormurray.com

I'm about to send this info to my daughter who is very very into all this Prevention support on the covid and all health aspects.
There are no toxins in vaccines and vaccines do not "weaken" the immune system. The idea that children get too many vaccines is false.

An immune system that is too "strong" can kill someone with COVID-19.

"Dr." Murray is a naturopath. He sells books. He is not a medical doctor or immunologist.

Quote:
Just wondering, did you and your family always go for the annual jabs for seasonal flu?

Did you all also work with supplements to keep your immune systems stronger?
Having flu vaccine does not increase the risk of getting COVID-19.

https://www.healio.com/news/infectio...-coronaviruses

"'Influenza vaccination did not increase the risk for illness due to seasonal coronaviruses,' Skowronski said. 'These findings were robust across multiple NIRV [non influenza respiratory viruses] outcomes and sensitivity analyses.'

Findings from the current study demonstrate that influenza vaccination will not negatively affect one’s risk for COVID-19
, she continued.

'Addressing such speculation is important to maintain influenza vaccine coverage through the COVID-19 pandemic, which expected to extend into the 2020-2021 influenza season in the northern hemisphere,' Skowrowski said. 'In particular, influenza vaccination will reduce the risk of febrile cough illness due to influenza viruses and alleviate some of the seasonal health care burden during periods that influenza and NIRV, including SARS-CoV-2, cocirculate.'”

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/no...k-of-covid-19/

Unless you can provide a peer reviewed study that shows that having a flu shot increases the risk of COVID-19, please stop claiming that it does.

Old 06-28-2020, 06:47 PM

29,870 posts, read 11,469,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidModUSA View Post
There is a blood type theory that says type A will get hit harder and type O will be least affected. Would love to see more data on that. I’m type A and was hit hard by the virus. Had it for 3.5 months, lost 15% of body weight, lost so much hair that I had to buy a wig!

Wow I am glad you are doing better but this one thing you said caught my attention. Those who say this is just the flu or no big deal. How many people have you heard of that had massive hair loss from the flu?

Old 06-28-2020, 06:51 PM
Status: "I've got a fightin' side a mile wide but I pray for peace" (set 22 days ago)

14,562 posts, read 9,597,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
That is not the same link that is in your previous post. It also directs local labs to not try to do cultures, which are not done for diagnosis of SARS-CoV-2. Such cultures need to be done in a high level biosafety lab.

"Note that clinical laboratories should NOT attempt viral isolation from specimens collected from known or suspected COVID-19 cases."

Could you please quote where it supports your statement that, "According to what I've been told... lung inflamation does not show covid-19 when cultured."
Attempting to answer multiple questions in one post apparently is verboten.

I'll try and follow the 'rules'....

Old 06-28-2020, 07:03 PM

22,597 posts, read 24,409,835 times
OK, the actual number of people already infected with covid-19 is probably in the tens of millions.......for most it was a MEH or nothing.

So yeah, it is not that nightmarish.

Old 06-28-2020, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Attempting to answer multiple questions in one post apparently is verboten.

I'll try and follow the 'rules'....
You may answer more than one question in one post. You still have not told us the source for this:

"According to what I've been told... lung inflamation does not show covid-19 when cultured."

I am looking for a medical source, not hearsay from a relative.

Old 06-28-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
OK, the actual number of people already infected with covid-19 is probably in the tens of millions.......for most it was a MEH or nothing.

So yeah, it is not that nightmarish.
Yes, the number who have been critically ill and the number who have died are nightmarish.

Old 06-28-2020, 07:24 PM

2,595 posts, read 2,288,590 times
Quote:
Just wondering, did you and your family always go for the annual jabs for seasonal flu?

Did you all also work with supplements to keep your immune systems stronger?

How does getting the flu shot figure into things? I always get it.

Old 06-28-2020, 07:36 PM

440 posts, read 237,633 times
As someone that has studied the History of medicine and disease, I can tell you that most all germs and virus' are creepy and scary. Did you know your DNA is loaded with horrible diseases like Multiple Sclerosis and Cancer and blindness etc? It is all the (bad) luck of the draw who will actually get MS or Cancer, etc.

When you study bacteria is can be frightening to see how fast those little buggers can grow. Many virus' have the tentacles you mention, more commonly called "spikes." Most big advances in virus study has been made since HIV became known. Yes, a virus has lots of strange and scary things going on sometimes. Just look at the common cold, which has no vaccine because it constantly mutates. Mutation of a virus is scary. Yes indeed. Don't think Covid19 is especially scary in that regard.

Old 06-28-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:

So could be MOST that have died early on did have a highly compromised immune system from years of vaccines...and that would mean nursing home people, the elderly and my thinking they've all gone for the vaccines...unless they have other thinking on keeping healthy during the flu seasons.

My daughter believes since her children now 23 and 20 had way too many vaccine as babies and that they are hit with more health issues over the last 15 yrs or so.
Vaccines do not "compromise" the immune system. They just train it to recognize more quickly bacteria and viruses that can cause serious illnesses and stop them before infections can be established.

The rubella vaccine in the MMR may actually provide some protection against SARS-CoV-2, which may be one reason children do not get as seriously ill.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...anization.html

"The report MMR Vaccine Appears to Confer Strong Protection from COVID-19: Few Deaths from SARS-CoV-2 in Highly Vaccinated Populations reveals that nearly all countries with few or no deaths from COVID-19 have also had large measles-rubella vaccination programs in recent years.

The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs reported that as of January 10, 2020, 82 percent of the population of American Samoa had been immunized with the MMR vaccine in response to a 2019 measles outbreak. The U.S. Department of the Interior provided funding to immunize the remaining eighteen percent of the population. The New York Times reported on May 6, 2020 that not only has American Samoa not had any COVID-19 deaths, it hasn’t had any COVID-19 cases at all."

"Gold’s MMR vaccine research was first published publicly on March 29, 2020, the same day his findings were forwarded to the National Institute of Health’s COVID-19 Research Team. Corroborating biological evidence was published twelve days later by a team of neuroscientists at the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom, indicating that rubella is the component of the MMR vaccine active against COVID-19."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness