Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 01:19 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I heard a lot of Dr. Joel Wallah last night and he is forever talking about how the Americans are so Over Glutened from the many high gluten foods they/we consume. I've made a lot of changes but not totally.....

I know this is about the Blood types and had to mention the Gluten aspect here and so many diseases Americans have.

Talked about Italy and how high the Virus hit that country and look at all the high gluten foods they consume.

FOOD for thought here...

Maybe I'm more confused than usual, what does any of this have to do with Inside the body, the coronavirus is even more sinister than scientists had realized ?

This is a very strange disease that does strange things to cells and to our body. Yes, one statistic that's emerging is that certain blood types are less affected. Why, who the hell knows?

But nothing with COVID refers to glutens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 04:35 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://news.yahoo.com/inside-body-c...150022628.html

Anyone who is still crazy enough to believe that the Coronavirus is "the same as" or "just another" flu NEEDS TO READ THIS ENTIRE ARTICLE
THIS is why I don't understand the Anti-mask people.

This is one vicious, and insidious disease.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:58 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
No matter how your brain thinks, you CAN NOT stop a virus from attacking your body!

Science is science!!
Amen to that.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:28 AM

236 posts, read 195,702 times
THE TRUTH ABOUT THE CDC

***Sadly our govt has concealed lies about the truth about the CDC and all the money they make. A govt entity doesnt hold for profit patents on vaccines, does it.

Does this seem like a public health agency making “independent” vaccine recommendations, or a private company with an impressive portfolio to which one might look for investment opportunities?

Here is what I found about the Center for Disease Control, CDC

There are CDC patents applicable to vaccines for Flu, Rotavirus, Hepatitis A, HIV, Anthrax, Rabies, Dengue fever, West Nile virus, Group A Strep, Pneumococcal disease, Meningococcal disease, RSV, Gastroenteritis, Japanese encephalitis, SARS, Rift Valley Fever, and chlamydophila pneumoniae.

There is a CDC patent for “Nucleic acid vaccines for prevention of flavivirus infection,” which has applications in vaccines for Zika, West Nile virus, Dengue fever, tick-borne encephalitis virus, yellow fever, Palm Creek virus, and Parramatta River virus.

CDC also has several patents for administering various ”shots” via aerosol delivery systems for vaccines.

There’s a CDC patent on a process for vaccine quality control by “quantifying proteins in a complex preparation of uni- or multivalent commercial or research vaccine preparations.”

There’s a CDC patent on a method “for producing a model for evaluating the antiretroviral effects of drugs and vaccines.”

CDC has a patent for companies who want to test their respiratory system applicable vaccine on an artificial lung system.

If a vaccine maker is concerned that their vaccine might contain a human rhinovirus, CDC has a patent on a process for determining if such contamination exists.

CDC has a patent on an assay to assist vaccine makers in finding antigen-specific antibodies in a biological sample.

CDC holds a patent that provides vaccine makers with a method of “reducing the replicative fitness of a pathogen by deoptimizing codons.” Asserting that, “pathogens with deoptimized codons can be used to increase the phenotypic stability of attenuated vaccines.”

The agency also holds a patent on adjuvants for a vaccine used on premature infants and young babies.

There is a CDC patent to cover a vaccine for an infection induced by a tape worm found in pork.

They even have patents that cover vaccines for animal illnesses including Canarypox virus, Fowlpox virus, Sealpox virus, dog flu and monkey cancer.

The CDC is reputed to be an independent government agency making vaccine recommendations to the public, only for the public good. They are the agency charged with vaccine safety oversight, via their Immunization Safety Office.

Furthermore, one must closely look at the financial relationships between the CDC and vaccine makers it is currently courting, to include the potential exploitation of new patents for financial gain.

Last edited by goldenwings; 07-05-2020 at 08:31 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-05-2020, 08:43 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
The patents allow the CDC to keep the costs low for other nations, especially for Tropical diseases.

They do good work.

Old 07-05-2020, 08:48 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
The health organizations do research which can be patented. If they don't file a patent, some private company will attempt to do so and restrict access.

Going gluten-free is not necessarily an intelligent thing to do. Some people's digestive systems don't tolerate glutens well.

here's what you need to know

Adopting practices just because they're trendy is probably a sign that you haven't done any research into the subject.

Last edited by lchoro; 07-05-2020 at 08:56 AM..

Old 07-05-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I notice you edited your post. I guess you looked at my posting history and discovered I posted about MERS before you even joined CD.

https://www.hhs.gov/answers/public-h...ine/index.html

"Isolation and quarantine are public health practices used to protect the public by preventing exposure to people who have or may have a contagious disease.
  • Isolation separates sick people with a contagious disease from people who are not sick.
  • Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick. These people may have been exposed to a disease and do not know it, or they may have the disease but do not show symptoms."

Some people who are quarantined never develop symptoms. By definition, they were healthy.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/historyquarantine.html

"The practice of quarantine, as we know it, began during the 14th century in an effort to protect coastal cities from plague epidemics. Ships arriving in Venice from infected ports were required to sit at anchor for 40 days before landing."

If no plague cases developed - everyone was healthy - the ship was allowed to dock.

What is your point about the Nature article, which is from March?

I have read the entire thread. What do you think I missed?
Suzy, What you missed is that you keep quoting a corrupt for profit agency called the CDC as truth about accurate science. Everybody knows CDC profits in several billion dollars a year in vaccine patents they own. CDC keeps saying they dont accept corp donations....yet they have been caught accepting millions from companies such as coca cola. Of course CDC articles will include lies and deceptions about quarantining the healthy. If you want to be taken seriously dont reference CDC anymore ~ they exterminate humans and profit from it.

Old 07-05-2020, 10:21 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
The only potential conflict of interest is in the vaccine approval and safety. It would not have anything to do about quarantining. They are quarantining spreaders and potential spreaders. They have a multiplier effect on the number of people who eventually come down with the disease.

The elderly and immune-compromised do not tolerate vaccines well nor are the vaccines as effective for their populations. The logical approach would be to immunize the young who are the spreaders and super-spreaders because they are more active socially, refuse to adhere to safety guidelines, and have a high effectiveness profile for the flu vaccine.

Old 07-05-2020, 10:35 AM

440 posts, read 240,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I notice you edited your post. I guess you looked at my posting history and discovered I posted about MERS before you even joined CD.

https://www.hhs.gov/answers/public-h...ine/index.html

"Isolation and quarantine are public health practices used to protect the public by preventing exposure to people who have or may have a contagious disease.
  • Isolation separates sick people with a contagious disease from people who are not sick.
  • Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick. These people may have been exposed to a disease and do not know it, or they may have the disease but do not show symptoms."

Some people who are quarantined never develop symptoms. By definition, they were healthy.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/historyquarantine.html

"The practice of quarantine, as we know it, began during the 14th century in an effort to protect coastal cities from plague epidemics. Ships arriving in Venice from infected ports were required to sit at anchor for 40 days before landing."

If no plague cases developed - everyone was healthy - the ship was allowed to dock.

What is your point about the Nature article, which is from March?

I have read the entire thread. What do you think I missed?
Suzy, all the blah blah blah from you and you have not given an example of when healthy people been quarantined before. You stated emphatically that quarantining healthy people is standard basic practice, and it simply is NOT. Quarantining sick people is not the same as quarantining helathy people, as you are now trying to say. The quarantine of healthy people (as during this Covid) has NEVER been done before and is misguided and bizarre.

Old 07-05-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The patents allow the CDC to keep the costs low for other nations, especially for Tropical diseases.

They do good work.
Really Dave..... Are you sure.

Let the facts tell the true story about the CDC

CDC Lies About Covid Test Results

The agency confirmed to The Atlantic on Wednesday that it is mixing the results of viral and antibody tests, even though the two tests reveal different information and are used for different reasons.

This is not merely a technical error.
*States have set quantitative guidelines for reopening their economies based on these flawed data points.

Several states—including Pennsylvania, the site of one of the country’s largest outbreaks, as well as Texas, Georgia, and Vermont—are blending the data in the same way. Virginia likewise mixed viral and antibody test results until last week, but it reversed course and the governor apologized for the practice after it was covered by the Richmond Times-Dispatch and The Atlantic. Maine similarly separated its data on Wednesday; Vermont authorities claimed they didn’t even know they were doing this.

Mixing the two tests makes it much harder to understand the meaning of positive tests, and it clouds important information about the U.S. response to the pandemic, Jha said. “The viral testing is to understand how many people are getting infected, while antibody testing is like looking in the rearview mirror. The two tests are totally different signals,” he told us. By combining the two types of results, the CDC has made them both “uninterpretable,” he said.

The public-radio station WLRN, in Miami, first reported that the CDC was mixing viral and antibody test results. Pennsylvania’s and Maine’s decisions to mix the two tests have not been previously reported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness