Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 07:22 PM

236 posts, read 195,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
No matter how your brain thinks, you CAN NOT stop a virus from attacking your body!

Science is science!!
When I was a kid we were encouraged to play in the dirt, and mingle with germs because our immune system makes antibodies against bacteria and viruses. This is correct. You dont isolate the healthy, you isolate the sick. Bad science reverses the basic immunology which we know has worked. Bad science is run by a For profit private corporation called CDC. They are not a govt health org at all. Beware of bad science and make sure you realize that the info coming out is generated by for profit corporations. The one drug hydroxychloroquine which proved effective against covid was removed from public access by fauci and the others who control what treatments are avail for americans. That speaks volumes. See judy mikovits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 07:50 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenwings View Post
When I was a kid we were encouraged to play in the dirt, and mingle with germs because our immune system makes antibodies against bacteria and viruses. This is correct. You dont isolate the healthy, you isolate the sick. Bad science reverses the basic immunology which we know has worked. Bad science is run by a For profit private corporation called CDC. They are not a govt health org at all. Beware of bad science and make sure you realize that the info coming out is generated by for profit corporations. The one drug hydroxychloroquine which proved effective against covid was removed from public access by fauci and the others who control what treatments are avail for americans. That speaks volumes. See judy mikovits.
Mikovits is a crank.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...ny-fauci-viral

CDC is a government entity.

https://www.cdc.gov/about/organization/cio.htm

"CDC is one of the major operating components of the Department of Health and Human Services."

Doctors can still prescribe hydroxychloroquine. Unfortunately, it has not proven effective, and I was one who was hopeful that it would.

You quarantine the sick. You isolate healthy people who have been exposed until it can be shown that they will not get sick.

The thesis that it is best to allow kids to play in the dirt was because of a theory that it would reduce the incidence of allergies, not that it would prevent infections.

https://www.pnas.org/content/114/7/1433

Old 06-29-2020, 07:59 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,065,938 times
Quote:
Anyone who is still crazy enough to believe that the Coronavirus is "the same as" or "just another" flu NEEDS TO READ THIS ENTIRE ARTICLE
I'm not saying this is what happened, but if someone in a lab somewhere wanted to design or modify a virus as a weapon, it sure would look a lot like Covid-19, wouldn't it?

There are so many contradictions to this thing that it makes my head spin. It's been five months now since it landed in the U.S., and we still don't know why it affects certain geographical areas, age groups, races, etc. so differently. I'm waiting for the news that not only does it affect individuals differently once they become infected, but that different individuals can vary greatly in their propensity to become infected in the first place. Being in a group where contracting this thing carries too high of a risk of hospitalization and/or the Big Sleep, I'm closing in on day 100 of my own personal lockdown, and sure do long for "the way things used to be". But not so much that I'm going to break my own quarantine anytime soon (only going out a couple of times a week for take-out or groceries). I'm back to having about two months of food in the house should it take a turn for the worse, the plan is to get up to three months' worth. And I'm in a state where the rate of infections is on the decline.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:07 PM

17,551 posts, read 13,334,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
If they are having these lasting effects, they are truly not asymptomatic. Their symptoms may not as yet be detected, but someone who has had no evident disease then just turns up with massive lung scarring or whatever - I haven't heard of it.

Yes, truly asymptomatic. Asymptomatic to the point that they do not realize that ANYTHING is wrong.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:14 PM

440 posts, read 240,068 times
Quarantining the healthy has never been done before. There are two other Covid virus' that are much more well known and also much more deadly. SARS and MERS. SARS and MERS are also more difficult to catch.

Middle East Respiratory Syndrome has been around and known for several decades. TO catch it you pretty much need to live with someone that has it. Bad thing about MERS is your body does make antibodies if you recover, but the antibodies only last a very short while, as in months. Then you can get it all over again.

SARS (sudden acute respiratory syndrome) is much different from MERS, in that if you recover, the antibodies appear to last a very long time. Maybe even a lifetime. They are not sure. SARS has been known about for a few dacades, also.

There is no vaccine for SARS or MERS.

Old 06-29-2020, 09:16 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,201,334 times
Quote:
Just got off a Pandemic conference call.

The REALLY SCARY takeaway was that the viral process described in my OP will be causing a lifetime of lung and heart and ??? issues for all of these younger asymptomatic victims of the disease. We won't know for years after the Pandemic is over just what the healthcare outcome will be!
Well, it could. That remains to be seen. The unique thing about COVID-19 is that unlike most other coronaviruses, this one causes some significant degree of interstitial pneumonitis apparently in almost everybody who contracts it - asymptomatic, or not. People with significant underlying cardiopulmonary conditions get sicker, and, as we have seen, sometimes die. They generally are those people who have less cardiopulmonary reserve and cannot tolerate a large degree of interstitial pneumonitis.

As for extended effects? Nobody knows. Some report a mild infection but prolonged effects such as shortness of breath on exertion, fatigue, and in some, a come & go dry hacky cough and wheezing that may persist for weeks.

Only time will tell.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:13 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcarguy49 View Post
Quarantining the healthy has never been done before. There are two other Covid virus' that are much more well known and also much more deadly. SARS and MERS. SARS and MERS are also more difficult to catch.

Middle East Respiratory Syndrome has been around and known for several decades. TO catch it you pretty much need to live with someone that has it. Bad thing about MERS is your body does make antibodies if you recover, but the antibodies only last a very short while, as in months. Then you can get it all over again.

SARS (sudden acute respiratory syndrome) is much different from MERS, in that if you recover, the antibodies appear to last a very long time. Maybe even a lifetime. They are not sure. SARS has been known about for a few dacades, also.

There is no vaccine for SARS or MERS.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/870592_3

"After SARS-CoV infection, robust IgG titers were observed through the second year but declined substantially during the third year after infection.[10] Our finding of generally reduced but persistent MERS-CoV antibody responses even at 34 months suggests the potential for longer lasting antibody-mediated protective immunity against reinfection. However, whether such long-lasting antibodies can prevent reinfection or affect clinical outcome has yet to be examined. Diverse individual antibody test results allude to a potential role of genetic factors in explaining observed differences in immunologic responses to MERS-CoV exposure and infection."

This one found antibodies to SARs-CoV-1 persisting at 12 years.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....12.20021386v1

I can find no reports of people getting MERS "all over again".

Quarantining the healthy is basic epidemiology. Healthy people who are exposed are quarantined until enough time passes to know whether they will get sick or not. Telling people to stay home in order not to be exposed is not quarantine, it is common sense.

Old 06-29-2020, 10:37 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenwings View Post
I agree and as I've said here I do not own a bottle of sanitizer.

And Judy Mikovits has my vote. Gotta remember there are TWO medical groups in H&W.

Old 06-30-2020, 01:06 AM

Suzy-

"Quarantining the healthy is basic epidemiology." NO, quarantining the sick is basic routine epidemiology. Show me one example in World History where they have ever quarantined healthy people before?

You must have missed this one Suzy:
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00798-8

Last edited by oldcarguy49; 06-30-2020 at 01:17 AM..

Old 06-30-2020, 01:09 AM

Suzy, you should try reading other people's posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness