Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 11:40 AM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times

Advertisements

https://news.yahoo.com/inside-body-c...150022628.html

Quote:
The new coronavirus’ reputation for messing with scientists’ assumptions has taken a truly creepy turn.
Researchers exploring the interaction between the coronavirus and its hosts have discovered that when the SARS-CoV-2 virus infects a human cell, it sets off a ghoulish transformation. Obeying instructions from the virus, the newly infected cell sprouts multi-pronged tentacles studded with viral particles.
These disfigured zombie cells appear to be using those streaming filaments, or filopodia, to reach still-healthy neighboring cells. The protuberances appear to bore into the cells’ bodies and inject their viral venom directly into those cells’ genetic command centers — thus creating another zombie.

Anyone who is still crazy enough to believe that the Coronavirus is "the same as" or "just another" flu NEEDS TO READ THIS ENTIRE ARTICLE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 12:49 PM

6,957 posts, read 12,053,480 times
This is very creepy and very serious. So if you get it, you may have months and months of illness or symptoms that just don't go away. Why do people not realize how serious this virus can change their whole lives and take away what they have enjoyed up until now? Are people just dumber now or what? I have a friend who insists it's nothing to be concerned about while I stay at home, all the time, and quarantine.

Old 06-27-2020, 01:00 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgarden View Post
This is very creepy and very serious. So if you get it, you may have months and months of illness or symptoms that just don't go away. Why do people not realize how serious this virus can change their whole lives and take away what they have enjoyed up until now? Are people just dumber now or what? I have a friend who insists it's nothing to be concerned about while I stay at home, all the time, and quarantine.
Some are born worriers and live that way most of their lives, and some work to change that constant worry state. If I hadn't worked on myself about the worry stuff, I could be a basket case now. Do things to change the brain's thinking and other stuff to keep healthy.

For me it's a HIGH not to turn on any media so far and not hear the constant bombardment of negative feed.

Old 06-27-2020, 01:13 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Why do people not realize how serious this virus can change their whole lives and take away what they have enjoyed up until now? Are people just dumber now or what?
No. A big part of the problem is that the virus simply doesn't affect everyone equally. It isn't black or white. Experts can only predict so far. People seem to either assume they'll be a sheep (mild or no symptoms) or a goat (severe, life threatening) if they contract it. I suspect their approach to other aspects of life tend to play into how much they fear it. Don't forget, you're going to hear most from the extremes; the ostriches and Chicken Littles partly because that's what those sorts feed on. They also tend to limit their research to authorities that reinforce what they already believe. More rational people tend to fall somewhere in between...and they don't tend to rant, preach, or endlessly rationalize their positions. They take reasonable approaches to manage risk and get on with the day.

Last edited by Parnassia; 06-27-2020 at 02:18 PM..

Old 06-27-2020, 01:49 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,348,547 times
Quote:
It is very creepy and very serious. I don't know if people are dumber, but there are so many minimizers not doing the sane things that you (and the rest of us) are doing. We, the sane, will continue to do what's right for us and others....even when those others are the poo-pooers.

Personally, I think knowledge is a good thing. Forewarned is forearmed.

Old 06-27-2020, 02:44 PM

6,192 posts, read 7,351,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
No. A big part of the problem is that the virus simply doesn't affect everyone equally. It isn't black or white. Experts can only predict so far. People seem to either assume they'll be a sheep (mild or no symptoms) or a goat (severe, life threatening) if they contract it. I suspect their approach to other aspects of life tend to play into how much they fear it. Don't forget, you're going to hear most from the extremes; the ostriches and Chicken Littles partly because that's what those sorts feed on. They also tend to limit their research to authorities that reinforce what they already believe. More rational people tend to fall somewhere in between...and they don't tend to rant, preach, or endlessly rationalize their positions. They take reasonable approaches to manage risk and get on with the day.
We've had a bunch of people at work test positive---one had zero symptoms, a few had mild symptoms (similar to a cold) and a few had very severe illnesses.

The truth is we don't really know how many people had it at the beginning because the availability of testing was so low. Testing still has backlogs at times and is sometimes unreliable depending on what kits are being run.

Old 06-27-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Just got off a Pandemic conference call.

The REALLY SCARY takeaway was that the viral process described in my OP will be causing a lifetime of lung and heart and ??? issues for all of these younger asymptomatic victims of the disease. We won't know for years after the Pandemic is over just what the healthcare outcome will be!

Old 06-27-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Some are born worriers and live that way most of their lives, and some work to change that constant worry state. If I hadn't worked on myself about the worry stuff, I could be a basket case now. Do things to change the brain's thinking and other stuff to keep healthy.

For me it's a HIGH not to turn on any media so far and not hear the constant bombardment of negative feed.

No matter how your brain thinks, you CAN NOT stop a virus from attacking your body!

Science is science!!

Old 06-27-2020, 03:34 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,348,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
No matter how your brain thinks, you CAN NOT stop a virus from attacking your body!

Science is science!!

What he said.

Old 06-27-2020, 03:47 PM

14,955 posts, read 9,790,824 times
People should get their information from non media sources... it's more accurate and in context. I know it's boring to read research papers, but there's no bias.

https://www.sciencemag.org/collectio...intcmp=ghd_cov
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness