U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2020, 02:44 PM

14,189 posts, read 14,864,811 times

Advertisements

I’ve taken up running and am watching what I eat in order to lose weight. I go to bed fairly early because my workday starts at 6 am. I get fairly frequent sinus headaches due to changing weather patterns, and I keep a stash of edibles on hand. I also will have an edible if I’m achy, and my doctor approved of how I was using the edibles. I also just started using the Pillow app to track my sleep patterns.

I’ve used a bunch of edibles this week at night, but what I noticed was that my quality of sleep dropped like 20% on nights I didn’t have an edible, according to the app. Because weight loss is a big priority now, and quality sleep is a major factor in that, I’m wondering if I should be having an edible at night before bed every night. I have no side effects from the edibles, but they’re expensive, and I’m worried about developing a dependency. I can fall asleep without them if I don’t have a headache or back ache, but the sleep quality is not as good, and I usually have to take a nap at lunch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 08:44 PM

28,007 posts, read 10,514,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I’ve taken up running and am watching what I eat in order to lose weight. I go to bed fairly early because my workday starts at 6 am. I get fairly frequent sinus headaches due to changing weather patterns, and I keep a stash of edibles on hand. I also will have an edible if I’m achy, and my doctor approved of how I was using the edibles. I also just started using the Pillow app to track my sleep patterns.

I’ve used a bunch of edibles this week at night, but what I noticed was that my quality of sleep dropped like 20% on nights I didn’t have an edible, according to the app. Because weight loss is a big priority now, and quality sleep is a major factor in that, I’m wondering if I should be having an edible at night before bed every night. I have no side effects from the edibles, but they’re expensive, and I’m worried about developing a dependency. I can fall asleep without them if I don’t have a headache or back ache, but the sleep quality is not as good, and I usually have to take a nap at lunch
You seem determined to stay with MJ edibles. I would NOT go this route due to the weight gain issues and cost. I like what I do and what works for pennies a day and no weight gain.

Last night I had a little spell from 2AM to 3AM where I didn't get right back to sleep which has not happened in a long time since addition of tryptophan and B6 to my combo....then it finally hit me, take a Calms Forte' tablet and I did and got another 3 or so good hours of deep sleep. Didn't take long once that CF hit my system.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 06-29-2020 at 10:07 PM..

Old 06-29-2020, 09:06 PM

768 posts, read 58,581 times
My cure? No light. Like how people cover their parakeets. It’s ridiculous, but it works for me.

Plagued with insomnia my whole life.

Sounds so dumb, but I use a 20 year old soft terry cloth like stretched out head band - lifelong insomnia... poht would light my brain up... funny how brains work... : )

As a kid I worked diligently to stay awake because I didn’t want to miss a minute of being alive.

Sleep is so under appreciated.

Good on you for staying healthy!

My dad used to use Valerian (I’m not a doctor nor am I promoting anything or advising anyone to ingest anything without supervision of a licensed physician), stuff stinks like heck... we called it stinky feet tea. He loved it for sleep.

Last edited by paperwing; 06-29-2020 at 09:14 PM.. Reason: Forgot one bit

Old 06-29-2020, 09:34 PM

5,081 posts, read 3,751,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Because weight loss is a big priority now, and quality sleep is a major factor in that, I’m wondering if I should be having an edible at night before bed every night. I have no side effects from the edibles, but they’re expensive, and I’m worried about developing a dependency.
I wouldn't worry about physical dependency, but the average person develops a tolerance for cannabis pretty quickly. If you take them them daily, it will lower the edible's efficacy for when you really need them.

Old Yesterday, 04:51 AM

13,055 posts, read 14,486,064 times
You will develop a dependency, and will find yourself using them all time if you're not careful! lol

So I would suggest weening yourself off a little bit and using it for aches or whatever you are using them for in the first place, unless you can afford them every night....lol

It just takes some regulating...

Old Today, 02:19 PM

18,325 posts, read 8,653,770 times
I eat a light meal at night and I sleep like a baby. Plus when I exercise in the morning I sleep well at night. I would stay off these edibles. Drink milk or eat cheese has the same effect on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or