U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-28-2020, 05:00 PM
 
Location: Southern California
28,007 posts, read 10,522,847 times
Reputation: 17859

Advertisements

Regardless of how we GOT it....we can do a lot of keep our chances low and reduced and nil. There is a lot of info out on this and not from china.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-28-2020, 05:01 PM
 
8,868 posts, read 5,364,677 times
Reputation: 23366
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
That said, this is a thread regarding what HAPPENS AFTER YOU RECOVER FROM COVID19. And has been posted above, no one knows.
Since no one knows, maybe there shouldn't even be a thread about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2020, 05:29 PM
 
3,215 posts, read 2,160,927 times
Reputation: 6639
I had it, got it back in March. At first, it felt like I had the flu, but with an extremely fast onset, and my symptoms were worse than a typical flu. With the flu, I've never had trouble breathing, but this got into my lungs and deep into my chest. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say my lung function was down to about 60-70% of normal at it's worst, and combined with the other flu-like symptoms, I had no energy. Talking/exhaling would usually trigger a coughing fit. Couldn't sleep well either, as I couldn't breathe in a normal sleeping position, and had to sleep sitting propped up.



After about a week and a half, the flu symptoms were largely gone and I no longer had a fever... but then I got pneumonia. Had to go on antibiotics 3 times to finally kill it, two courses of Azithromycin didn't do the trick, so they put me on Doxycycline, which worked, but really messed up my stomach for over two weeks. Finally got over the pneumonia and still don't have complete lung function back, and it's been 3.5 months now. It's been a slow process. X-Rays showed some lung scarring, that was about a month ago, not sure if it has cleared up or not. I feel like I have about 95% lung function back, I get winded easier than I used to but some of that may be due to not doing any cardio the last 4 months.


I can easily see how the elderly or someone with a compromised immune system would be severely impacted by this, I'm 42 and 170lbs, and I was in pretty good shape for my age and this took me out of commission for the better part of 2 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2020, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
26,761 posts, read 30,959,064 times
Reputation: 33381
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
Since no one knows, maybe there shouldn't even be a thread about it.
The OP presents new info that is now known.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2020, 06:24 PM
 
9,343 posts, read 8,144,050 times
Reputation: 7805
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Some health problems will have lingering effects on patients and health systems for years to come.
The virus can do damage to a large number of organs.

receptors for SARS-COV-2 present in wide variety of human cells

Also, many people take drugs or supplements that increase the receptivity to SAR-COV-2. 30 to 50 percent of people over age 50 take blood pressure meds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2020, 09:01 PM
 
Location: Yadaa.at Kale
5,408 posts, read 2,774,821 times
Reputation: 6707
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The virus can do damage to a large number of organs.

receptors for SARS-COV-2 present in wide variety of human cells

Also, many people take drugs or supplements that increase the receptivity to SAR-COV-2. 30 to 50 percent of people over age 50 take blood pressure meds.
Those blood pressure meds can also cause damage to organs without any help, specifically the kidneys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2020, 09:07 PM
 
Location: San Diego
39,050 posts, read 34,973,673 times
Reputation: 23299
Let's see. I was tired for a week, son lost 15 or so pounds back in Jan. We are all working, working out and enjoying life. It's not a death sentence like the politicians want us to believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2020, 10:18 PM
 
Location: Southern California
28,007 posts, read 10,522,847 times
Reputation: 17859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
I had it, got it back in March. At first, it felt like I had the flu, but with an extremely fast onset, and my symptoms were worse than a typical flu. With the flu, I've never had trouble breathing, but this got into my lungs and deep into my chest. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say my lung function was down to about 60-70% of normal at it's worst, and combined with the other flu-like symptoms, I had no energy. Talking/exhaling would usually trigger a coughing fit. Couldn't sleep well either, as I couldn't breathe in a normal sleeping position, and had to sleep sitting propped up.



After about a week and a half, the flu symptoms were largely gone and I no longer had a fever... but then I got pneumonia. Had to go on antibiotics 3 times to finally kill it, two courses of Azithromycin didn't do the trick, so they put me on Doxycycline, which worked, but really messed up my stomach for over two weeks. Finally got over the pneumonia and still don't have complete lung function back, and it's been 3.5 months now. It's been a slow process. X-Rays showed some lung scarring, that was about a month ago, not sure if it has cleared up or not. I feel like I have about 95% lung function back, I get winded easier than I used to but some of that may be due to not doing any cardio the last 4 months.


I can easily see how the elderly or someone with a compromised immune system would be severely impacted by this, I'm 42 and 170lbs, and I was in pretty good shape for my age and this took me out of commission for the better part of 2 months.
Just wondering where you supplementing with Vit C, D and Zinc when you got "it".... if not, good chance your situation would have been milder...this is how I'm thinking about all this VIRUS attacking bodies. The weaker the system, the harder hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2020, 10:31 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
26,761 posts, read 30,959,064 times
Reputation: 33381
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I didn't say there were flues...or perhaps there were too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
That's true and if you keep planting those seeds in your mind, then....guess what.

Isn't it said, we reap what we sow.
You said, "No one knows as this is all so new and issues are brought up as we go along. I don't even think like this as I don't think I"ll get it. What do people do who all have the flues in the world...I had the horrid Asian flu over 60 yrs ago and have hardly had a flu since...and my health overall is good as I keep it good."

You brought flu up.

You cannot meditate your way out of a coronavirus infection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Let's see. I was tired for a week, son lost 15 or so pounds back in Jan. We are all working, working out and enjoying life. It's not a death sentence like the politicians want us to believe.
As of today, it has been a death sentence for over 128,000 Americans. Many of the survivors are not able to work out and enjoy life even months after they ostensibly have recovered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2020, 10:35 PM
 
Location: Georgia, USA
26,761 posts, read 30,959,064 times
Reputation: 33381
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Just wondering where you supplementing with Vit C, D and Zinc when you got "it".... if not, good chance your situation would have been milder...this is how I'm thinking about all this VIRUS attacking bodies. The weaker the system, the harder hit.
https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...h-is-dangerous

"'Megadoses of vitamins can be dangerous. And they aren’t going to prevent or treat COVID or even shorten the duration of the disease,' Kitchin said.

If someone is truly deficient in a nutrient, getting themselves up to a healthy level may help support the immune system.

'But the idea that more is better is not only wrong, it can be dangerous,' Kitchin added."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top