U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 05:02 AM

5,144 posts, read 2,258,422 times

Advertisements

I got it in March and still suffering. Heart arrhythmia and breathing problems. Hard to sleep as the other poster said. Feels like lungs collapse.

Never used to be on any meds...now 4 serious ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 03:10 PM

3,215 posts, read 2,160,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Just wondering where you supplementing with Vit C, D and Zinc when you got "it".... if not, good chance your situation would have been milder...this is how I'm thinking about all this VIRUS attacking bodies. The weaker the system, the harder hit.

I take a daily multi vitamin, have been for years. I also used to get plenty of exercise, working out and doing 3 days of cardio per week and 2 days of strength conditioning. Got plenty of sun too. I'm 42, 5'10, and 170lbs. While I'm not as healthy or as strong as I was in my 20's or early 30's, there probably aren't too many early 40-somethings out there in better shape than I was. None of that mattered when getting this.

My best guess is that I got it from my masseuse. I used to go once a week for 1.5 hours. I found out after the fact that she had just been in California and had returned from vacation there, and then of course I spent 90 min in a small room where we breathed the same air. Or, it could just as easily have been a client that came in before me and had that same room for an hour or more.

Old 06-29-2020, 03:22 PM

3,215 posts, read 2,160,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I got it in March and still suffering. Heart arrhythmia and breathing problems. Hard to sleep as the other poster said. Feels like lungs collapse.

Never used to be on any meds...now 4 serious ones.

Hang in there S&S. I hope you feel better soon.

Old 06-29-2020, 04:48 PM

578 posts, read 321,112 times
A friend got malaria on a trip to Africa years ago. After he recovered from malaria, he developed debilitating migraine headaches. Although mostly under control now, there are all kinds of triggers he has to avoid and probably will the rest of his life.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:32 PM

39,050 posts, read 34,973,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You said, "No one knows as this is all so new and issues are brought up as we go along. I don't even think like this as I don't think I"ll get it. What do people do who all have the flues in the world...I had the horrid Asian flu over 60 yrs ago and have hardly had a flu since...and my health overall is good as I keep it good."

You brought flu up.

You cannot meditate your way out of a coronavirus infection.

As of today, it has been a death sentence for over 128,000 Americans. Many of the survivors are not able to work out and enjoy life even months after they ostensibly have recovered.
Yet you have no idea how many would have died anyway from "natural cause" like everyone does every...single...day. in 2017 over 60,000 deaths actually linked to flu. Is it worse? Hell ya, is it worth plunging the world into a global depression? This will go on for at least a year.

Old 06-29-2020, 06:50 PM

26,761 posts, read 30,959,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yet you have no idea how many would have died anyway from "natural cause" like everyone does every...single...day. in 2017 over 60,000 deaths actually linked to flu. Is it worse? Hell ya, is it worth plunging the world into a global depression? This will go on for at least a year.
Yes, we do have an idea how many people die - from all causes - daily.

If the virus had initially been allowed to go unchecked with no effort to mitigate it people would have voluntarily holed up in their homes and the economic effects would have been severe, with a higher death toll.

Old 06-29-2020, 08:49 PM

1,709 posts, read 637,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
A friend got malaria on a trip to Africa years ago. After he recovered from malaria, he developed debilitating migraine headaches. Although mostly under control now, there are all kinds of triggers he has to avoid and probably will the rest of his life.

Lots of boys returned from the war with lifelong ailments caused by malaria. There's a lot of diseases out there in the developing world that would give you nightmares for real..and yet people there somehow go through life.

Of course, it's why their life expectancy is much lower as well, but to put it into context: a life free from fear of infectious disease has only been possible for a small % of people in a very small time window of human existence.

There always was a decent chance that it wasn't going to stay that way forever.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:51 AM

75,977 posts, read 88,861,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
And most people do not have the luxury of staying in the house long term letting everyone else do everything for them; not needing earn a living, not responsible for anyone or anything other than themselves (living the life of "ME"), having everything they want delivered, not needing to do much other than sit on the computer...
Not to mention there are other problems with sheltering too long. I think, by using common sense we can all go about our lives as close to normal as can and enjoy ourselves.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
I take a daily multi vitamin, have been for years. I also used to get plenty of exercise, working out and doing 3 days of cardio per week and 2 days of strength conditioning. Got plenty of sun too. I'm 42, 5'10, and 170lbs. While I'm not as healthy or as strong as I was in my 20's or early 30's, there probably aren't too many early 40-somethings out there in better shape than I was. None of that mattered when getting this.

My best guess is that I got it from my masseuse. I used to go once a week for 1.5 hours. I found out after the fact that she had just been in California and had returned from vacation there, and then of course I spent 90 min in a small room where we breathed the same air. Or, it could just as easily have been a client that came in before me and had that same room for an hour or more.
I am glad you are feeling better> I am wondering just how many of us need to be tested. I do imagine most of us have been exposed to it by now and we can not all get tested every time we think we have been exposed.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I wonder how many people can remember the Asian flu in the late 50s or the Korean flu in the 60s? I know millions died during the Asian flu outbreak and we did continue to live our lives. Of course this was before 24/7 coverage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness