U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 01:40 AM

19,867 posts, read 25,017,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladio View Post
Lots of recent reports in the media that describe either the new and horrible effects of coronavirus that will last for months or years or a lifetime, the incurable conditions that will go on and on, and lately this..

The new coronavirus’ reputation for messing with scientists’ assumptions has taken a truly creepy turn.
Researchers exploring the interaction between the coronavirus and its hosts have discovered that when the SARS-CoV-2 virus infects a human cell, it sets off a ghoulish transformation. Obeying instructions from the virus, the newly infected cell sprouts multi-pronged tentacles studded with viral particles.
These disfigured zombie cells appear to be using those streaming filaments, or filopodia, to reach still-healthy neighboring cells. The protuberances appear to bore into the cells’ bodies and inject their viral venom directly into those cells’ genetic command centers — thus creating another zombie.

Aren't those going to scare people away from any vaccinations? The problem is that many people have an anxiety of the virus as is and are in hiding for months. Even if the least affected states, they remine in hiding. Some old, some young. Just awfully scared to come near anyone or anything that can have virus.

So the question is.. - and this is after some posts on some social media that are showing up already - how
are those people are going to react to the vaccine once it comes out. There are already voices from those people saying they do not want to come anywhere near the vaccine if the virus is so horrible and unpredictable and since the vaccine by definition would have some virus in it.

This kind of vaccine anxiety caused by all those latest news is really not helping the situation because while the vaccine can and will help to end this pandemic and fix many problems at that, now we have whole bunch of people that are potentially scared away by media reports?
If people are NOT scared - they are stupid - or willfully ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 05:52 AM

3,702 posts, read 1,516,198 times
I'm 67 and I'm very conservative about vaccines but if an effective one were developed for COVID-19 I'd get it.

I just wouldn't want to be the first one in line for it.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:14 AM

9,345 posts, read 8,148,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladio View Post
Lots of recent reports in the media that describe either the new and horrible effects of coronavirus that will last for months or years or a lifetime, the incurable conditions that will go on and on, and lately this..

The new coronavirus’ reputation for messing with scientists’ assumptions has taken a truly creepy turn.
Researchers exploring the interaction between the coronavirus and its hosts have discovered that when the SARS-CoV-2 virus infects a human cell, it sets off a ghoulish transformation. Obeying instructions from the virus, the newly infected cell sprouts multi-pronged tentacles studded with viral particles.
These disfigured zombie cells appear to be using those streaming filaments, or filopodia, to reach still-healthy neighboring cells. The protuberances appear to bore into the cells’ bodies and inject their viral venom directly into those cells’ genetic command centers — thus creating another zombie.

Aren't those going to scare people away from any vaccinations? The problem is that many people have an anxiety of the virus as is and are in hiding for months. Even if the least affected states, they remine in hiding. Some old, some young. Just awfully scared to come near anyone or anything that can have virus.

So the question is.. - blah blah blah blah blah blah
Cancers do the same thing. They are already using seven different cancer drugs to treat COVID-19 if you read the articles. The experimental GIlead drug remdesvir does as wel..

Old 07-01-2020, 10:08 AM

16,009 posts, read 8,810,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't get any jabs and won't start and found Dr. Murray's info interesting:

https://doctormurray.com/does-the-fl...covid-19-risk/
So I researched Dr. Murray and found that he's not an MD. He's an ND, a doctor of naturopathy. He's nothing more than a fringe wanna be Dr. self promoting books on natural healing.

Our neighbor's SIL went that route with breast cancer and now it's too late for a real MD to help her.

Now I understand your believing that a strong immune system is all you need to protect yourself from SARS. Cov-19. You're putting all of your faith in a snake oil salesman.

Old 07-01-2020, 10:50 AM

75,993 posts, read 88,883,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by athena53 View Post
I'm 67 and I'm very conservative about vaccines but if an effective one were developed for COVID-19 I'd get it.

I just wouldn't want to be the first one in line for it.
Agree with you and I give all of those who are willing to be test credit.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:16 PM
DKM

4,122 posts, read 1,504,173 times
The whole OP's premise is based on something false: "vaccine by definition would have some virus in it". But I do wonder how the generally uneducated part of the population will deal with hearing misinformation about this vaccine since they lack the ability to discern truth from fiction. I guess many will end up not taking it and getting sick.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:50 PM

21,911 posts, read 21,012,054 times
NOTE: This is not to be a vaccine thread. You can discuss the new vaccines but there will be no vaccine debates, no pro or con. Stay on topic.

Old 07-01-2020, 11:52 PM

21,911 posts, read 21,012,054 times
I just read on a UK site that their vaccine that's being developed at Oxford will soon be tried on 30,000 Americans. They didn't say when or where, but they did say that no one should rely on it being totally effective. They said it would probably make the disease less severe, that's all. They said it's too soon in the game to expect a perfect vaccine and they said to prepare for a bad winter.

Old Today, 10:57 AM

4,583 posts, read 3,931,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I just read on a UK site that their vaccine that's being developed at Oxford will soon be tried on 30,000 Americans. They didn't say when or where, but they did say that no one should rely on it being totally effective. They said it would probably make the disease less severe, that's all. They said it's too soon in the game to expect a perfect vaccine and they said to prepare for a bad winter.
I think I read about the same vaccine, a few weeks ago. They were saying it might actually be ready for general use by September.

Even if it's closer to December or January, that's brilliant news; as soon as something effective is out there, the economy can restart and jobs, home sales, and general morale will go way up.

Old Today, 11:30 AM

642 posts, read 314,638 times
It's been pushed back to early next year now. Delay in Phase 3 trials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or