Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 02:13 PM

42,710 posts, read 25,867,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Thanks for asking!

I have been using my JUUL Ecig device more, but I am still smoking ultra light cigs (and have not increased my smoking).

Oddly enough, I no longer cough up phlegm and Ive been breathing MUCH easier lately.

Last week, I was out with a friend and ran out of ultra lights, and borrowed a normal 'light' cigarette...I started coughing on the first drag I took, I couldnt smoke it, it was too strong.
Juul have a very high nicotine content, far higher than what anyone should be putting in their body. Vaping a low level of nicotine and then cutting back every week or two until you are vaping zero nicotine is an easy and painless way to quit. Avoiding flavored nicotine removes most of the risk associated with vaping - you are inhaling a small amount of pharmaceutical grade nicotine with two chemicals that have been used for decades in inhalers, propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/28/the-...on-vaping.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2020, 02:20 PM

21,108 posts, read 13,405,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I never encountered any issues buying pot personally. It did get worse in the 80s, with Reagan and the war on drugs in full swing, but I think it affected minority communities more than most. I had many friends who sold pot, and I don't know any of them that went to jail. Legal pot is always going to be expensive because the taxes are always going to be high.In New Jersey's discussions about legalization,The legislature Wanted a 10% tax, which would have been the lowest in the country. The governor wanted it to be even higher, which is one of the reasons we still don't have legal part yet even though voters said yes to it at the ballot. The legislatures argument was that the higher you make the tax, the less of a dent you make in an illegal pot market, because it's cheaper to buy it without the tax.
The risk is for the seller, primarily.

Old 09-08-2020, 12:52 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,416,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Juul have a very high nicotine content, far higher than what anyone should be putting in their body. Vaping a low level of nicotine and then cutting back every week or two until you are vaping zero nicotine is an easy and painless way to quit. Avoiding flavored nicotine removes most of the risk associated with vaping - you are inhaling a small amount of pharmaceutical grade nicotine with two chemicals that have been used for decades in inhalers, propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/28/the-...on-vaping.html
Yes, Im aware of JUULs high nicotine content, but they do not have the TAR that cigarettes do, and tar is what clogs yours lungs up.

NONE of this is good for your body...Im just trying to find the least harmful thing, I would love to quit all of it, I just dont think I can do it.

Old 09-08-2020, 11:43 AM

42,710 posts, read 25,867,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, Im aware of JUULs high nicotine content, but they do not have the TAR that cigarettes do, and tar is what clogs yours lungs up.

NONE of this is good for your body...Im just trying to find the least harmful thing, I would love to quit all of it, I just dont think I can do it.
You're right, JUUL doesn't have the chemicals that kill you like cigarettes, but no other e-cigs do either. What I'm suggesting is that you go to a local vape shop and buy an inexpensive reusable vape device and try it. I've seen e-cigs get several of my friends and family members off cigarettes for good, and over time, most have completely gotten off e-cigs as well. My chain smoking neighbor is the latest, he must have smoked two packs a day, after he started using e-cigs he started using them more and more and smoking less, he could use them in the house where his wife wouldn't allow him to smoke cigarettes, they were convenient and saved him probably $10 a day. He told me he went to a vape shop and they set him up with a starter kit then he started following a forum https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...bers-forum.39/

Old 09-08-2020, 12:35 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,416,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You're right, JUUL doesn't have the chemicals that kill you like cigarettes, but no other e-cigs do either. What I'm suggesting is that you go to a local vape shop and buy an inexpensive reusable vape device and try it. I've seen e-cigs get several of my friends and family members off cigarettes for good, and over time, most have completely gotten off e-cigs as well. My chain smoking neighbor is the latest, he must have smoked two packs a day, after he started using e-cigs he started using them more and more and smoking less, he could use them in the house where his wife wouldn't allow him to smoke cigarettes, they were convenient and saved him probably $10 a day. He told me he went to a vape shop and they set him up with a starter kit then he started following a forum https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...bers-forum.39/
I have been meaning to stop by one of those Vape shops, I know quite a few people that use ecigs from these places and many have quit cigarettes with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness