Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2020, 01:19 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,142,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I don't see how a mesh mask can possibly do any good whatsoever.
It satisfy mask requirement, that is the point. I do not care about wearing a mask and basically being government tells business they can refuse service, i will now wear mash mask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2020, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
CORRECT, thanks!

No mask, take food home, PERIOD!!!

Wear your damn masks!!!!!

None of us want to, but we do it to protect ourselves and OTHERS!! I have asthma and chronic bronchitis and wear one all day. You can too!

Mask by definition is something that goes over your mouth or face. I will put this over my mouth so now i can eat at the restaurant?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8236986...=1&bes=1&col=1

Old 07-17-2020, 01:58 PM

5,424 posts, read 3,492,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
It satisfy mask requirement, that is the point. I do not care about wearing a mask and basically being government tells business they can refuse service, i will now wear mash mask.
Will you also refuse medical attention when you need it? After all, why should a hospital tell you what you need?

Old 07-17-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Will you also refuse medical attention when you need it? After all, why should a hospital tell you what you need?

No

Old 07-17-2020, 04:54 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyBelle View Post
Too bad "they" didn't lie about the bolded in the beginning. If everyone believed it was helping themselves, they would not be so foolish and stupid about this. Of course the anti-mask crowd only cares about themselves, not others.

Yea, I understand there is a small number who cannot wear a mask, but most of those that are protesting against them just don't want to wear one.
It does help me if I wear a mask. If the mask has a filter, then so much the better. But, yes, the major reason to wear a mask is to prevent spread of the virus to others. We have three behaviors to slow the spread of the virus: distancing, wearing masks and frequent hand washing. That’s all we’ve got in our weapons arsenal until we get a vaccine next year.

I think not wearing a mask, and actively fighting doing so are political acts. The people refusing to do so signal their support of DJT and their solidarity with extreme right wing groups. There might be exceptions to this, but it seems that way to me.

So many of these people look at the pandemic as a political event, cooked up by Democrats no less, and pushed by “liberal media.” Even when some of their ilk become ill, they continue to believe an anti science narrative that supports their personal beliefs.

So, they will never be convinced unless they experience severe illness themselves. For some, it is only a matter of time. The virus is not through with us yet.

Old 07-17-2020, 04:57 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
I have absolutely no respect for you or your kind...flout the law...hope you don't have any bad side effects...you OR your family.

Old 07-17-2020, 07:00 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times
I can't believe that someone is so heartless as to not want to protect others (and there "might" be a protection for yourself) - I personally believe that such people should sign something stating that that will be responsible for others being infected and will not seek treatment for themselves.

Old 07-17-2020, 09:57 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
Person that has health condition is protected under ADA. By refusing to let person in without mask, it's discrimination for which can be sued.
A person is not entitled to an exemption from laws requiring masks simply by claiming a desire for such.

If you don't like wearing a mask, you're really going to hate the ventilator.

Old 07-17-2020, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
A person is not entitled to an exemption from laws requiring masks simply by claiming a desire for such.

If you don't like wearing a mask, you're really going to hate the ventilator.
I would love to get on ventilator, any suggestion on what i need to do?

Old 07-17-2020, 10:21 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
I would love to get on ventilator, any suggestion on what i need to do?
The first requirement would be to reach back and pull your head out of that warm dark place where you keep it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness