Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you get a covid -19 vaccine
Yes 68 53.13%
No 37 28.91%
Maybe 18 14.06%
Other... please explain 5 3.91%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 06:16 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
All vaccines are tested against another vaccine as a placibo
It's a false equivalency.

Cannot compare random drug to random drug and then claim that one is safe because of the results.

Generally speaking: It's like saying take Poison A and take Poison B. Same amount of people die from each. See? They are both safe. Poison A is JUST AS SAFE as Poison B.

Old 07-23-2020, 06:21 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,649,676 times
I'm going to wait to see what Gates does with the microchipped minions.

Old 07-23-2020, 08:55 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
They are going to be tested on 10's of thousands of people well before its available. Any side effects to worry about would pop up already. Learn statistics people. Its not like every side effect would be hidden for 2 years then we all grow a third arm.

But i'm kind of encouraged by these results because the world will be better off with less stupid people around.

Old 07-23-2020, 11:56 PM

35,063 posts, read 31,284,584 times
I'm 34, a bit overweight, but no health issues.

I'll gladly take the jab. The vaccine prototypes appear to be safe and at least somewhat effective. I'd go down to my local clinic or hospital to take a prototype jab today, if allowed.

Old 07-24-2020, 01:07 AM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Yes, and it will likely be mandatory as a health care worker so I don't think there would be much choice (same with the seasonal flu vaccine, Hep B vaccines etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I'm going to wait to see what Gates does with the microchipped minions.
LOL, probably the same as he does now with us all walking around with microchips in our pockets and purses (smartphones).

Old 07-24-2020, 06:08 AM

7,255 posts, read 5,126,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
, I'm in favor if this one and recommend it to everybody-- to protect ME.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

Didn't you just demand that everyone get it to protect you? Yes, you did.
I'm not sure a person with reasonable reading comprehension would consider a "recommendation" equivalent to a "demand."

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
They are also giving subjects acetaminophen. Multiple times. As standard practice. If you can't take acetaminophen, you CANNOT be included in some clinical trials. Why? ....

[*]Moderna's trial showed that every single participant who received a second injection showed signs o, chills, or fatigue, and for at least 80 percent? It interfered with normal activities.[/list]
In doing clinical testing, it's important to make the control group as similar to the experimental group as possible....Subjects taking a biological (the vaccine) are likely to run a fever, so they wanted to be able to give an antipyretic. NSAIDS may influence the outcome, whereas Acetaminophen has minimal anti-inflammatory properties, ergo, less likely to influence effects of the vaccine....This is also the reason vaccines are tested against another vaccine-- so rates of fevers, chills, etc can be compared...It's pretty simple to explain when you know what you're talking about.

As far as side effects: vaccines are intended to activate the immune system. Fever, chills, muscle aches & pains (which can cause headaches) & general malaise are common....in fact, it they aren't experienced, one has to wonder if the vaccine is working. This is why so many people claim that the Flu Vax made them sick.

Old 07-24-2020, 06:25 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
Yes, without hesitation. If it receives FDA approval, I will take it as soon as I can get my hands on it. I am a physician and have a pretty good understanding of how vaccines work, and the mechanisms for how these vaccines work and have no hesitation about taking it.

Old 07-24-2020, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
They are going to be tested on 10's of thousands of people well before its available. Any side effects to worry about would pop up already. Learn statistics people. Its not like every side effect would be hidden for 2 years then we all grow a third arm.

But i'm kind of encouraged by these results because the world will be better off with less stupid people around.
Yes, agree. The most likely side effects, if there are any, would be short-term (immediately or a few days after the injection). These would likely be very minor, but if there are any consistent side effects, they will be picked up during the clinical trials and we will be made aware of them.

I will gladly take the risk of some minor side effects than risk ending up in an ICU on a ventilator (and I am a healthy person in my late 30s). The peace of mind, which will allow me to get back to some semblance of normal living and being comfortable being around groups of people again is well worth any minor risks, so I will gladly take the vaccine without hesitation when it's available.

Old 07-24-2020, 06:48 AM

The great thing about the vaccine is that it gives you a degree of protection from people who don't take these health risks seriously. I am still baffled by the number of people who refuse to wear masks, refuse to follow social distancing, coughing without covering their mouths (seen this numerous times throughout the pandemic ), etc.

For that reason alone, I will be getting vaccinated to protect myself. If the vast majority of people were following good health safety guidelines, I would probably be a little less in a rush to get the vaccine, but that hasn't been the case in my experience.

Old 07-24-2020, 06:53 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times
No. Will Medicare raise my premiums for refusing? I've never had a flu shot, or tetanus, or any of the other vaccinations on the list for Seniors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness