Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tell us about you mask position/belief
I wear a mask EVERYWHERE 26 21.85%
I wear a mask when required 41 34.45%
I will never wear a mask 2 1.68%
I wear a mask, then take it off once I'm allowed to enter 3 2.52%
I carry one for show 1 0.84%
People who wear masks are sheeple 5 4.20%
People who don't wear masks are trying to kill me 2 1.68%
Wearing a mask is a choice 15 12.61%
I'm too sexy for my mask (please sing while checking the box) 3 2.52%
There should me a national mask mandate 21 17.65%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 02:59 PM

8,717 posts, read 4,975,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I think masks are a fake feeling of security.

Do you really think a home made crochet mask out of your underwear that you wear for several weeks will protect you from anything?? You think you are safe and touch things in the store, touch the mask, things, mask, things, mask, shopping cart, mask, money, mask, credit card, mask, your keys, mask, car door handle, mask ...

Just look around you at all those people in public who pull their masks down every time they speak and then pull it back up. Don't you think it would be much more hygienic if they had no mask on and not constantly touch their face?

How come none of the scientists publish a study/video where they take someone's masks and look under a microscope what is all on it? The results may change the worlds view of these half a$$ed masks but I guess they want to keep the public uneducated and feeling safe.

If you want to be really safe you have to keep cleaning it, and get a real N95 mask and not constantly touch it.

And how come the government has no requirements for masks? you can hang a dirty rug over your face, thats okay. Just SOMETHING and all is good. Does that make any sense to you?
Well of course, You do have to wear it correctly.....and we do. We have no control over what others do. As long as thay have a mask ( not crochet, although, if Mom was alive, I am sure she woud crochet some LOL),it is better then nothing. I agree, mask should be made, that are not the flimsy ones you buy in the store. Some buy them for the fashion statement, or color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2020, 04:36 PM

17,378 posts, read 13,161,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlguy44 View Post
How about " Because I put my individual freedom above the collective good" or "Because it's all about me, F everyone else""!

So you don't give a **** about your parents, friends, neighbors or anyone besides yourself

WOW, what a guy

Quit B******G and WEAR YOUR DAMN MASK to help others (even though you could give a crap about yourself!

Old 07-24-2020, 04:38 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,025,668 times
I wear one when entering stores and public areas that are crowded but not when outside in areas where I can distance myself. Pretty standard here and I have some neighbors who literally put on masks when watering their own front lawn.

Old 07-24-2020, 04:38 PM

17,378 posts, read 13,161,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
I feel safer with mask....then without one.

And, when everyone around me is wearing one!

Old 07-24-2020, 06:23 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,073,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
So you don't give a **** about your parents, friends, neighbors or anyone besides yourself

WOW, what a guy

Quit B******G and WEAR YOUR DAMN MASK to help others (even though you could give a crap about yourself!
Before you jump to conclusions and show yourself to be the AH that you seem to be, why not read my comment that indicates I was offering the statements as options for the survey. You really seem to be .......lacking! As I said in another comment, some people on this list do show common sense but for others......sense is not common! Easy to see where you fall!

Old 07-24-2020, 06:30 PM

14,657 posts, read 9,642,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlguy44 View Post
Before you jump to conclusions and show yourself to be the AH that you seem to be, why not read my comment that indicates I was offering the statements as options for the survey. You really seem to be .......lacking!
You sound like poll choice #7 to me.

... just sayin'

Old 07-24-2020, 06:33 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,073,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post

... just sayin'
Don't get it....but I'm sure it's amusing in some way. Just saying.....

Old 07-24-2020, 07:29 PM

14,645 posts, read 14,552,461 times
I think it's important to point out the masks are only controversial in the United States, one of a few major countries where cases are still on the rise, and one where its citizens have been banned from large segments of the world from travelling due to the country's inability to contain the virus.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:30 AM

36,998 posts, read 41,037,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post

WOW, what a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post

... just sayin'
atl was being sarcastic, guys.

Old 07-25-2020, 12:39 AM

298 posts, read 116,437 times
I wear a mask everywhere AND feel that there should be a national mandate (but I picked national mandate in this poll).

Is it November yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness