Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2020, 03:56 PM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times

Advertisements

My legs from my knees down to ankles tend to hurt at the end of the day. 5 pm to 8 pm. I had always thought it was due to walking around work but now, I walk around minimally with covid so it would seem they shouldn't be "tried."

I notice:
-both legs hurt = evenly. It isn't like a blood clot.
-lying on legs sideways with bent knees makes the pain go away.
-lying on my back with bent knees mostly doesn't feel good.
-Usually the pain goes away over night (but I tend to sleep on my side).
-Typically the pain doesn't start until about 3 PM in the afternoon.
-sitting as opposed to lying down doesn't seem to help any, as my legs will hurt at the end of the day.
-being in the fetal position seems to work the best.
-lying straight with legs above my heart does nothing. They feel best when they are bent on their side, not straight up (lying with pillows under the knees)
-lying on my back does feel better if the legs are straight out. No bent Knee. Like a pillow under my knees.

I don't think it is PAD or anything like that because I don't have a lot of the symptoms and the things that are supposed to make PAD better don't seem to work (like placing legs above the heart). I do have a CAC scan scheduled for two weeks for now so I assume that will show up if I have problems.

I don't think it is anything like neuropathy because there seems to be a daily time element to it... it doesn't happen all the time.

Maybe I am growing immune to motrin but motrin doesn't seem to do much.

My only theory is some sort of arthritis in the knee / over use / being out of shape due to covid. I probably do about 50% less exercise these days than I did when I was working.

But when I was working I always assumed such aches and pains were due to working.

Last edited by Arya Stark; 07-26-2020 at 04:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2020, 04:13 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,889,113 times
Have you considered dehydration as the culprit?

I have restless legs, and take a med called Ropinerole for it. Usually starts in the evening. It is always worse in the summer and I find that the more hydrated I am, the less it hurts. Sometimes I don't need the med at all, sometimes I take it at dinner, sometimes I'm not in pain until I lie down at bedtime.

It is different from muscle aches...feels as if my bones are aching/have been electrified somehow. What you are describing sounds different, but drink a lot of water some day and see if it helps.

2 cents.

Old 07-26-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
Have you considered dehydration as the culprit?

I have restless legs, and take a med called Ropinerole for it. Usually starts in the evening. It is always worse in the summer and I find that the more hydrated I am, the less it hurts. Sometimes I don't need the med at all, sometimes I take it at dinner, sometimes I'm not in pain until I lie down at bedtime.

It is different from muscle aches...feels as if my bones are aching/have been electrified somehow. What you are describing sounds different, but drink a lot of water some day and see if it helps.

2 cents.
I am drinking ok but I suppose I could drink more. I will give it a try. I have restless legs as well.

This same thing happened last summer for a shorter time and seemed to go away after drinking "joint juice" but it very well could have been the "drinking" which helped.

Old 07-26-2020, 06:59 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Maybe lower-back problems!

Old 08-03-2020, 05:26 AM

1 posts, read 320 times
Whenever I workout, I normally experience pain, especially in my legs - it felt restless! Well, it could be my age. haha! So my friend, advise to try CBD Freeze The Pain Cream from Whole Family Products on their website. I thought, it could be just like every creams in the store, but I was surprised -- IT WORKED! Now, everytime I feel restless legs or joint pain, I always rub in a small amount of CBD Freeze The Pain Cream to relieve the pain.

Old 08-03-2020, 12:41 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Maybe lower-back problems!

I agree with tickyul. The symptoms you described sound a lot like sciatica, which can be caused by pressure on the sciatic nerve from a herniated disc or muscle strain.

Old 08-03-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I agree with tickyul. The symptoms you described sound a lot like sciatica, which can be caused by pressure on the sciatic nerve from a herniated disc or muscle strain.
I always thought sciatica was in the upper legs?

Anyway I did try drinking more water and things were much improved. I do understand water helps with back issues as well.

Old 08-03-2020, 01:19 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I always thought sciatica was in the upper legs?
Anyway I did try drinking more water and things were much improved. I do understand water helps with back issues as well.
Sciatica leg pain usually occurs in the calf region below the knee. It usually appears in only one leg but, when I had it, it was in both legs.

I'm glad that drinking water appears to have helped your situation.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:41 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Drinking water is a great suggestion. Potassium can also help with leg cramps.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:15 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,571,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
My legs from my knees down to ankles tend to hurt at the end of the day. 5 pm to 8 pm. I had always thought it was due to walking around work but now, I walk around minimally with covid so it would seem they shouldn't be "tried."

I notice:
-both legs hurt = evenly. It isn't like a blood clot.
-lying on legs sideways with bent knees makes the pain go away.
-lying on my back with bent knees mostly doesn't feel good.
-Usually the pain goes away over night (but I tend to sleep on my side).
-Typically the pain doesn't start until about 3 PM in the afternoon.
-sitting as opposed to lying down doesn't seem to help any, as my legs will hurt at the end of the day.
-being in the fetal position seems to work the best.
-lying straight with legs above my heart does nothing. They feel best when they are bent on their side, not straight up (lying with pillows under the knees)
-lying on my back does feel better if the legs are straight out. No bent Knee. Like a pillow under my knees.

I don't think it is PAD or anything like that because I don't have a lot of the symptoms and the things that are supposed to make PAD better don't seem to work (like placing legs above the heart). I do have a CAC scan scheduled for two weeks for now so I assume that will show up if I have problems.

I don't think it is anything like neuropathy because there seems to be a daily time element to it... it doesn't happen all the time.

Maybe I am growing immune to motrin but motrin doesn't seem to do much.

My only theory is some sort of arthritis in the knee / over use / being out of shape due to covid. I probably do about 50% less exercise these days than I did when I was working.

But when I was working I always assumed such aches and pains were due to working.
It sounds like arthritis. Sitting and standing will be the worst for your legs and hip. During sitting, there are circulation issues.

It will feel better after a full nights sleep with the legs straight. If your sleep is disturbed and you move around, it may not be so good in the morning.

I would do stretching in the morning while you're still in bed. Make sure you go through the entire range of motion for a joint. Once you can do those, the pain will go away at that position in the joint.

Go out and walk for 30 minutes like the armies of women who are doing so each morning. It will make the hip, knee, and ankle joints stronger so you don't have as much pain from the weak muscles around those joints.

Don't use NSAIDs. They cover up the pain while your joints keep deteriorating. You need to be able to have pain signals. If you have to take them, it should be for exercise, stretching, or sleep, all of which are necessary to fight the degeneration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness