Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 02:16 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Not everyone has the $$$ to pay to have supplies delivered to their homes.

Society claims I can get a job even though I have:

severe asthma
Crohn's/auto immune disease that is so severe that they had to put me on chemo to shut down my immune system because it was killing me
C-PTSD that was classified as moderate to severe
degenerative disk disease with four bad disks
arthritis throughout my back
cervical spinal stenosis
interstitial cystitis
migraines with severe auras
arthritis in my hips, knees, and hands
bursitis and tendinitis in my shoulder going into my neck
bad knee that randomly gives out on me while the other knee is crooked from birth

Society allowed the authorities to lie against me and fake documents to have me kicked off disability, condemning me to a life with no income and no means to support myself. If it weren't for the stimulus I'd be homeless right now. My subsidized rent is paid up until next year. Next year I will likely be homeless or dead.

Employers have fired me from every job I tried to do and I haven't even been offered employment in over ten years. All I could do is fill out the applications. The employers decide who get the jobs. Yet, society lies about me and claims that I refuse to get a job. You have to be offered the job after filling out the application in order to get a job.

Society has forced me to live in a state of unrepentant sin. After all, they insist there is "no excuse not to have a job" while the employers, the job issuers, refuse to issue me employment and accommodate my many health problems. The vocational experts even said there were no jobs I could do, but I was kicked off disability anyway. Not my fault. I'm tired of being blamed for things that are not my fault. I have had health problems since I was born.

In order for me to have things delivered to me I would need to have an income, which I am not allowed to have. Not my fault. I did nothing to deserve to be treated the way I have been treated my whole life.

Not only do the masks break out my ears (allergies), but I have trouble breathing with the thick ones that are handmade that don't have the elastic. I feel like I am being smothered. Society is not only demanding that I exist without income, but society wants me to be smothered and not have free flow of oxygen. Also, I still get job shamed by society while people at the food stamp office doesn't understand why I don't have a job. The work requirements are still in effect for childless people receiving food stamps and if you're not lucky enough to have a doctor fill out a form for you then society wants you to starve to death. Even though I no longer have an immune system, the doctors think I should work during a pandemic that scares people to shut down much of the country and refuse to fill out the form for me. If it weren't for my therapist's filling out the form then I would be forced to go without food as well as an income. You still have to pay with a debit/credit card for the delivery fee to have groceries delivered to you. Impossible to do without an income.

Had society not condemned me to live like this, I would still be getting my disability income. I would still be the recluse I was before losing my income. I'd only be going out to go to medical appointments. Society has therefore increased my risk by allowing people to lie against me and forcing me to live like this. It's like people want me to die. I figure they likely do. It costs over half a million a year in medical costs to keep me alive and society gets upset that I am on Medicaid.

Which requires an income. You cannot pay for delivery services with food stamps. They want payment for the fees with debit/credit card. Only the food portion of the bill will be payable with food stamps.

Curbside will require knowing what is sold out at the store to make the order. Stuff is still sold out around here. No way to know what the store has unless you go inside and look at the shelves. There are things I haven't seen on the shelves since March that I used to buy. And you have to schedule pick ups and wait in your car. People online in the groups locally were complaining the time slots were booked up for weeks. So, people should have to go weeks without groceries? And then there were some complaining that the employees got their orders wrong, but because of virus policies wouldn't make it right. So, it's a way to rip you off too. These are services that are for people with money. Lower income people with no cars or who don't have debit/credit cards don't get to use them.

Society does not care about my health. Even before this virus society ridiculed me for trying to keep things around me sanitized because of my auto immune disease. I was called OCD and a germaphobe. I was called paranoid. People claimed I was "seriously mentally ill" because I kept cleaning my home with disinfectant and washed my hands. I was told by even people in health care to do things to make my immune system stronger. Auto immune disease means your immune system attacks you. They wanted my immune system to be stronger so that I would get even sicker, which is what would happen if I did what they said. Now, society is acting more 'paranoid' than I ever have. Even so, society is demanding that I get a job even though it's proven that no employer will ever hire and accommodate my health problems. Society wants me to care more about them than they will ever care about me and calls me selfish for not doing so.

Yes, stay home, eventually run out of food, and slowly starve to death. It's that simple.
That was an awfully long post to try and justify why you can't wear a mask.

Old 08-02-2020, 02:17 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,817,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I don't need constant explanations on the mask mania....wear them if that's your choice. I have my choice and in my life what I'm doing works. Asthmatics can do a LOT to reduce their asthma too. Another topic.
I hope you are not going out in public.

Old 08-02-2020, 02:27 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,291,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I can't imagine any reason that prohibits you from wearing a mask. If it is psychological, then stay home to protect yourself and others

I need to respond, because I accidentally clicked on "increase reputation" and I certainly didn't mean to.
You forgot to use the red when you responded to me. How will I know how tough you are?

Your imagination, or lack of imagination, is irrelevant. It's amazing how one person's experience can determine reality for everyone else. "I have no trouble wearing a mask, therefore everyone who says they can't wear a mask is a liar, faker, murderer, etc."
Don't worry about me. I'm not going out and creating a scene. I'm not trying to harass the frightened or trigger the bullies.
I don't create a scene, despite the complete lack of evidence that masks inhibit spread of covid-19 from asymptomatic individuals. I like truth, though, and I think some other people do to - so sometimes I respond to posts on city-data because I see things that are not true.

I have been looking, but have not found, scientific trials that prove masks inhibit spread of covid-19 from non-coughing individuals. Please don't link to the wet washcloth study or the influenza/coronavirus/rhinovirus one with coughing people. (Actually, that one suggested that when the people didn't cough, there wasn't transmission, even without the mask - so if you want to link it, go ahead, and then I'll point out the relevant parts.)

A poster said that countries that required mask use had prevented virus spread, so yesterday I looked that up. Guess what? It turned out to not even be true. I had no idea! But countries that starting masking in March and early April didn't peak until much, much later, and some still have not peaked or have moved into a second or third wave! (See posts #49 and 50.)

If you want to, you can tell me again to stay home. You can even use red this time. You may not care about the actual science, or about what really has happened in countries with early mask mandates, but someone else might.

Old 08-02-2020, 02:40 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
You could facilitate that happening sooner if you wear a mask. If everybody did, this would already have been mostly over by now. Check out places in Europe that acted early and stemmed the horrible tide of death in their countries.
We are more than 8 months in.

Think wearing masks NOW is effective... for what exactly? To prevent something that pretty much every most likely already has, that has a 99% recovery rate???

It's like giving a pregnant women condoms at the baby shower. Not effective. It's already over.

Old 08-02-2020, 02:40 PM

17,568 posts, read 13,344,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
There is already a lot of guidance about how to select a looser fitting mask that is still functionally better than no mask at all. Someone diagnosed with asthma who understands their condition also has access to medications that can prevent, relieve, or reduce symptoms. They aren't (or shouldn't be) available to someone who hasn't bothered getting an actual diagnosis. Long before Covid-19 reared its ugly head, there were face masks suggested specifically for asthma sufferers to help them avoid allergens and environmental pollutants. They still exist. If someone's symptoms can't be controlled and they can't tolerate a mask, they should be staying home! I don't understand why some people keep needing the same explanation over and over again. Actually, take that back. I do know why. They refuse to hear it and choose to wallow in ignorance.

ADA backs you up on this. Thanks for posting the truth.

Old 08-02-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I can't imagine any reason that prohibits you from wearing a mask. If it is psychological, then stay home to protect yourself and others
I think the people screaming abut masks have psychological issues. They are TERRIFIED, truly awe-inspiring, Exorcist in the HEAD, paranoid and angry and just beyond scared at a psych level that needs CBI.

I hope they recognize it and take care of themselves.

Or they can just keep screaming. Maybe start attacking people ... oh, wait that's already happening.

Old 08-02-2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I think the people screaming abut masks have psychological issues. They are TERRIFIED, truly awe-inspiring, Exorcist in the HEAD, paranoid and angry and just beyond scared at a psych level that needs CBI.

I hope they recognize it and take care of themselves.

Or they can just keep screaming. Maybe start attacking people ... oh, wait that's already happening.

And, unfortunately, that will be one of the reasons that we may not get to herd immunity with COVID. If they wont wear masks, I]m sure they won't get vaccinated.

Because of these people, we may be in deep doodoo!

Old 08-02-2020, 03:14 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,741,456 times
The group here who are the fear mongerers, I can name them, but of course that is a no no. But this is true even before Covid.

Old 08-02-2020, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
The group here who are the fear mongerers, I can name them, but of course that is a no no. But this is true even before Covid.

This is in no way bickering. There are those of us who believe in science and medicine and those of us who don't.

That's just life, and I want to live as long as I can in spite of COVID.

That is not fear mongering, that's the truth!

Old 08-02-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
And, unfortunately, that will be one of the reasons that we may not get to herd immunity with COVID. If they wont wear masks, I]m sure they won't get vaccinated.

Because of these people, we may be in deep doodoo!
I'm talking about the people terrified of those NOT wearing masks.

They need help. They so terrified that they want everyone ELSE to be terrified too. They pick fights, beat people up and throw coffee on those who GASP --- don't wear masks.

there's one guy who keeps screaming at everybody in red capital letters to wear masks. He's started like 20 threads about masks. It's all he does all day long on CD.

Masks are POINTLESS. We are 8 months into this. Everyone ALREADY HAS IT. I mean we were told it's so transmissible it's impossible to avoid. So we all have it. And the OVERWHELMINGLY majority, some 350 million of us -- aren't sick or dead.

WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT THE SEVERITY OF THIS VIRUS????

It's mild.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness