U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 02:59 AM

48 posts, read 16,100 times

Advertisements

My face my scalp my entire body sweats and I feel like I’m just not getting enough air. It’s miserable and I just want to get out of there as fast as I can. I have to keep pulling my mask down for a second to breath. As soon as I’m outside I take it off and it’s relief. Then after I get the groceries in the car I have to blast my air conditioning. I am active and exercise everyday (without a mask) without issues. It’s just when I have to wear a mask I’m a mess. I wore it for hours at the salon which wasn’t as bad since I was sitting bit still felt suffocated and anxiety. I’ve tried paper, cloth, the ones with the breathing filter. Nothing works.

Old Today, 07:03 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,012,688 times
I experience the same thing. I do a lot of biking for exercise and have fairly good cardiovascular conditioning. I don't wear a mask when biking. I get hot with a mask on and start to sweat as my cooling system kicks on quickly. I have to pull it down to get air and cool down. I just ordered a mask off of Amazon that is supposed to be for runners. Hoping to get some relief with it. If I am just sitting, or walking short distances in the office like to and from my car, the mask is not a problem. If I have it on, though, when walking for a while, I can't get seem to get enough airflow.

Old Today, 07:35 AM

17,257 posts, read 10,296,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janay755 View Post
My face my scalp my entire body sweats and I feel like I’m just not getting enough air. It’s miserable and I just want to get out of there as fast as I can. I have to keep pulling my mask down for a second to breath. As soon as I’m outside I take it off and it’s relief. Then after I get the groceries in the car I have to blast my air conditioning. I am active and exercise everyday (without a mask) without issues. It’s just when I have to wear a mask I’m a mess. I wore it for hours at the salon which wasn’t as bad since I was sitting bit still felt suffocated and anxiety. I’ve tried paper, cloth, the ones with the breathing filter. Nothing works.
Simple - curbside pickup - order online and pick them up for free. EASY.

Old Today, 12:59 PM

11,246 posts, read 5,121,502 times
You've posted about this multiple times before OP. Masks are inconvenient for everyone. 'Nuff said on this beat-a-dead-horse topic!

Old Today, 01:10 PM

28,062 posts, read 10,674,439 times
Quote:
And breathing in all your germs and it's NOT a NORMAL way of life here in the U.S. And more and more info is out about the "ineffectiveness of masks"...I have not had to wear one as I'm not out there and I get delivery and my friends shop for me. And I buy online. And I'm sure if I was out there, I would say the same thing you are saying.

And thank goodness I have a haircutter come to my house about every 6 or so weeks and she cuts my hair and neither one of us are masked. And I'm still here to mention this.

Last edited by jaminhealth; Today at 01:32 PM..

Old Today, 01:27 PM

11,432 posts, read 7,493,365 times
Quote:

It's all in your head. Anxiety does that, it is not the mask and ADA does not protect you if you don't wear a mask!

Just calm down

Wear your damn mask!!!!!!!!!!

Old Today, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Get a good therapist - that's what they are for - mental issues. Quit blaming the mask when it is your anxiety that's the problem.

Old Today, 01:34 PM

11,432 posts, read 7,493,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivertowntalk View Post
I experience the same thing. I do a lot of biking for exercise and have fairly good cardiovascular conditioning. I don't wear a mask when biking. I get hot with a mask on and start to sweat as my cooling system kicks on quickly. I have to pull it down to get air and cool down. I just ordered a mask off of Amazon that is supposed to be for runners. Hoping to get some relief with it. If I am just sitting, or walking short distances in the office like to and from my car, the mask is not a problem. If I have it on, though, when walking for a while, I can't get seem to get enough airflow.

Same answer as below!

As long as you are not near others you don't have to wear the mask when biking!

Old Today, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivertowntalk View Post
You can't walk and run in a location where you're able to practice social distancing? If you can't walk with a mask then go to a less crowded area. You need to adapt - either to the mask or by changing your workout location/routine. These are strange times - why do you think you can get through them without changing anything in your life?!

Old Today, 02:15 PM

12,303 posts, read 21,807,101 times
I would suggest reading through the mental health thread - otherwise - WEAR your mask when out in public. If you persist in thinking you cannot - DO NOT GO OUT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or