Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 05:03 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,428,929 times

Advertisements

32 years old which I am before August 31st by the way , usually I sometimes drink energy drinks.

However, I drink water most of the time especially before and after I drink energy drinks .

I rarely drink soft drinks which I rarely started drinking soft drinks after the age of 12 or 11 years old. And drunk most water. Which even if or whenever I drink soft drinks I drink water before , in the middle and after.

I didn't start drinking energy drinks sometimes until a few years ago.

Plus, I don't drink nor smoke and excersize Especially lifting weights which I max on the bench press of 385 pounds and in muscular shape.

P.S. Whenever I head to the store to get liqour for someone, I be added to show and I.D. card for age check, which a few-few times a clerk thought I am in my early 20s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2020, 05:10 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,664,077 times
Read the ingredients. Then look them up. Then decide.

If you need to be "up," drink ORGANIC coffee.

Old 08-09-2020, 05:23 PM

23,354 posts, read 18,943,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
32 years old which I am before August 31st by the way , usually I sometimes drink energy drinks.

However, I drink water most of the time especially before and after I drink energy drinks .

I rarely drink soft drinks which I rarely started drinking soft drinks after the age of 12 or 11 years old. And drunk most water. Which even if or whenever I drink soft drinks I drink water before , in the middle and after.

I didn't start drinking energy drinks sometimes until a few years ago.

Plus, I don't drink nor smoke and excersize Especially lifting weights which I max on the bench press of 385 pounds and in muscular shape.

P.S. Whenever I head to the store to get liqour for someone, I be added to show and I.D. card for age check, which a few-few times a clerk thought I am in my early 20s.
How often is "sometimes"? What is the ingredient you are concerned about? Caffeine? Something else? Do you get any caffeine withdrawal symptoms if you don't drink one? If you do, that implies you are drinking too much caffeine.

The article is older, but might give you some information about energy drinks.

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2013...rinks-caffeine

What does being carded when buying alcohol have to do with energy drink consumption? How old or young you look to someone asking for your ID is subjective.

Old 08-09-2020, 05:28 PM

3,457 posts, read 2,437,365 times
1 or 2 energy drinks on a day when you're planning on doing a lot of very tiring work, probably won't kill ya.

How often are you drinking them and how many do you drink when you drink them?

To the person asking about his being carded - he's suggesting that if you're 32 years old and getting carded at a liquor store you must certainly appear to be youthful - which is a sign of health.

It's also inaccurate, because in some states EVERYONE gets carded - the cashier has to put the birth year on your ID into his system before he can complete the transaction. Even the 90-year-old has to show an ID.

Old 08-09-2020, 06:21 PM

44,647 posts, read 61,684,084 times
OP, Energy Drinks...
What they do have is large amounts of caffeine and sugar. Drinking too much caffeine can raise your blood pressure and heart rate, and cause anxiety and insomnia. Drinking them over the long term can raise your risks for heart disease. Getting too much sugar can lead to weight gain, and put you at risk for diabetes.

Old 08-09-2020, 06:43 PM

15,149 posts, read 27,821,472 times
Question is: WHY are you drinking energy drinks?

Old 08-12-2020, 06:12 PM

12,788 posts, read 15,017,507 times
Never touched the stuff ever in my entire life & won't.

They have TONS of caffeine & sugar. Forget thinking water will dilute it, it's bad period.

Old 08-13-2020, 03:29 AM

1,350 posts, read 821,427 times
The caffeine content, sugar and possible stimulant guarana seems kind of excessive. The article below is about two people that died from energy drinks.

How about some coffee, black with no sugar or cream?

https://www.energydrinkslawsuit.com/...energy-drinks/

"How much caffeine is in energy drinks?
A lot. A 2012 Consumer Reports article, “The buzz on energy-drink caffeine,” found that some 12 or 16-ounce energy drinks contain as much as 242 mg of caffeine—nearly three times the amount in a cup of coffee. A two-ounce 10-Hour Energy Shot contains 422 mg. And these numbers don’t even account for these drinks’ excessive sugar content, or other stimulants like guarana."

Old 08-13-2020, 04:57 AM

2,123 posts, read 1,465,534 times
Take 1 caffeine tablet. 200 mg. I do this every morning (I don't normally drink coffee). It does not have sugar or all the superfluous ingredients. Cheaper. You can get a bottle of 100 tabs for 7.00 on Amazon - that's 100 days. Energy drinks are a money making supplement farce that does nothing more for you than give you a caffeine and sugar high and make you think they are healthy or doing something amazing.

Old 08-13-2020, 11:59 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,630,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Take 1 caffeine tablet. 200 mg. I do this every morning (I don't normally drink coffee). It does not have sugar or all the superfluous ingredients. Cheaper. You can get a bottle of 100 tabs for 7.00 on Amazon - that's 100 days. Energy drinks are a money making supplement farce that does nothing more for you than give you a caffeine and sugar high and make you think they are healthy or doing something amazing.
Yes, they are truly the modern day 'snake oil'. I work for a large gas station/conv store chain, I am amazed at how many people drink SO MUCH of this stuff! I have noticed though, its all younger people mostly (teens, 20s and 30s)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness