Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 06:25 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Stop and think about your idiotic opinion based on nothing.

Think about the medical advances since 1918. There was no way that most of the patients could be saved back then. The Spanish Flu was beaten, until people like you went about their business and rekindled the massive outbreak

Yes, WEAR YOUR DAMN MASK!!!! At least think about others
I suggest you just put me on ignore if my opinion bothers you so much.

Did you take part in the Yale study? Where they are testing out different ways to manipulate the public? I think you are going with shame, is that correct?

Shame? Is not a medical reason to do ANYTHING.

Carry on yammering and yelling about masks. The only idiotic thing here is the terrifying and paralyzing fear of getting COVID. I hope people are seeking professional counseling for it.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:50 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,967,061 times
This is by far the silliest information I have seen on COVID in quite a while. Whoever wrote that article stating COVID is as deadly as the 1918 flu is a moron. Anyone with an ounce of knowledge on the subject knows that the "deadliness" of a disease can be determined by the case fatality rate. The CFR of COVID is not even in the same league as the 1918 flu. I'm saying this is a guy who taken this disease more seriously then the majority of the population in this country. There is no denying how serious COVID is. However, there is no need to spread fake "doom and gloom" with information that's just ridiculously outlandish.

Old 08-14-2020, 06:56 PM

10,560 posts, read 7,758,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
.. I hope the children at those schools won't pay the price for their elders' lack of caution.
You've got it backwards. This disease primarily affects unhealthy adults. Very few kids get ill, even less seriously ill.

Old 08-14-2020, 07:33 PM

11,483 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Thanks, China. Great job infecting the world. Way to go containing Wuhan but making sure people from Wuhan flew to Italy, Seattle, New York, various European nations.

With enemies like China, who needs enemies.

Old 08-14-2020, 09:02 PM

10,897 posts, read 7,389,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
If we "Fail to adequately contain it"? I'd say that ship has sailed!

Interesting conclusion. I don't see it being supported by the numbers at all. They were comparing results in NYC only, not looking at the world picture. In Kenya, 150,000 people died in 1918 during 6 months of flu while Covid hasn't increased their mortality rate at all. In fact, scientists are puzzled why more deaths aren't occurring in Africa because the virus is widespread there. The 1918 flu killed millions in Africa, while so far Covid has produced less death over entire continent than seen in U.S. state of NY.

Yes, we should wear our masks and distance, but I don't share your fear. Clearly Covid is real bad news if you're old and unhealthy, otherwise not so scary IMO.
You're basing your argument on one example where the virus isn't as bad as expected? Perhaps there's something in Kenya that counteracts covid, like sickle cell anemia reduces the effects of malaria. Maybe scientists should be researching that.

Old 08-14-2020, 09:38 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Thread after thread, news story after news story....there is one intertwined fact I simply don't understand, and it's been said ad nauseum by many.

Unless you have a medical reason not to wear a mask, what is the big deal? It's respectful to others, it creates a sense of more normalcy in these strange Covid-19 times. You can argue all you want about how effective they are, but it's blatantly obvious to me that with this global pandemic (GLOBAL), wearing masks can be deemed either saving lives or simply an insurance policy, both of which are positives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness