Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2020, 01:55 PM

19,505 posts, read 9,532,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago2vegas View Post
I find that lemon juice is a good diuretic, which I do when I know I’ve ingested too much salt
By that reasoning I could understand how it could lower blood pressure
Good to know. I’ve heard that some bar pubs add extra salt to some of their appetizers to get more drink orders but how much one can put on the appetizers can be very dangerous to some salt sensitive patrons. I’ve had that happen once to me. I could tell the appetizer tasted somewhat saltier than normal but didn’t really notice until much later that night. Hasn’t happened for awhile but that’s because we haven’t been to many pubs since this COVID-19. Mostly eat at home. Have done a few take homes but no situation where they would want us to “drink up”..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2020, 05:41 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,656,648 times
Picked and squeezed tons of lemon juice during the early part of pandemic and would drink lemon water when not going to store...is good for you.

Old 10-31-2020, 08:27 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,585,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
OK, now I really have to ask you a question. How much did your BP drop? And I wonder if I can quit salt. I love salt. But how long does it take for the pressure to go down after you stop using added salt in your food?
Great questions!

Let me just say, I still eat salt...........but probably about 25% as much as I used to. Now when I eat something that has quite a bit of salt, it seems WAY too salty.

My BP used to run quite high, and it would sometimes run troublingly high. I used to see my BP as high as about 180/110. And the times when it was not really high, it still would sit somewhere around
140/90 to 150/90.

My BP now normally runs about 110/50 to 120/60, or somewhere around that. The change in BP was quite fast, maybe a few weeks........YMMV.

Old 10-31-2020, 10:51 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,259,409 times
OK, I'm going to start a new thread asap about high blood pressure & cures for it.

Old 10-31-2020, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Great questions!

Let me just say, I still eat salt...........but probably about 25% as much as I used to. Now when I eat something that has quite a bit of salt, it seems WAY too salty.

My BP used to run quite high, and it would sometimes run troublingly high. I used to see my BP as high as about 180/110. And the times when it was not really high, it still would sit somewhere around
140/90 to 150/90.

My BP now normally runs about 110/50 to 120/60, or somewhere around that. The change in BP was quite fast, maybe a few weeks........YMMV.
Thanks for answer. That's great, I'm sure your doctor is quite pleased. Last time my doctor checked my pressure was 160 over 92. Actually a great improvement from what it used to be. But frankly, I don't think the aide taking the pressure did a good job. Sometimes they wrap that thing so tightly around my arm that it hurts.
So do you attribute your lower pressure to your lessening your salt intake? (I could definitely try that...)

Old 10-31-2020, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
@Sand&Salt

a straw would fix your acid problem.

K2 is really helpful for cavities, most people are deficient with the modern diet, only in a few foods.
K2 Also helps with blood pressure, keeps the calcium out of your arteries.
Normally sold with vitamin D, multivitamin(make sure it says K2, not just K like Naturello), or K complex.

"One dramatic case history involved a 14-year-old girl who after taking Activator X concentrate and high-vitamin cod liver oil capsules three times daily during the space of seven months experienced the complete healing of the whopping 42 cavities she had in 24 teeth"

Some other ideas for blood pressure from Dr. Sinatra
I want to address a few things that Dr. Sinatra's website mentions, thanks for link but right now I'm a little tired. I started a new thread on blood pressure and cures so I hope I can get to my questions about Dr. Sinatra's information asap. Not tonight though. Have a good night, grab that extra hour if you can. :-)

Old 11-01-2020, 05:31 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,585,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
Thanks for answer. That's great, I'm sure your doctor is quite pleased. Last time my doctor checked my pressure was 160 over 92. Actually a great improvement from what it used to be. But frankly, I don't think the aide taking the pressure did a good job. Sometimes they wrap that thing so tightly around my arm that it hurts.
So do you attribute your lower pressure to your lessening your salt intake? (I could definitely try that...)

Yeah, cutting back on salt is the only thing I did..........and it caused a lot of positive changes above and beyond lowering my BP.

Get a portable, digital BP-tester and use it.....you will get an idea of where your BP sits much
of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness