Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2020, 10:57 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,425,575 times

Advertisements

In 2014 and 2012 , in those years of each , I was in 2 vehicle accidents.

Which , I had I have a rod in my neck and 2 disc infused plus a few bulging, herniated and slipped.. AND both knees done. Along with Knee, spine and stomach in the past 3 years.

Anyways, I helped my friend do his floor last week and I felt something popped but it wasn't hurting until Wednesday, which Very bad.. I think something is torn in my knee.

I asked the doctor for a MRI scan, and she said the therapy should help because I didn't hit it or fall.

I have a fear of therapy because when I had my accident years ago, they sent me to therapy and everything go worse. This is after the results on my spine was bad.

I think I might go to the ER later because the pain meds didn't work.. It just put me to sleep for a few hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2020, 01:09 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,974,454 times
Was there a question?

Where I live, I can choose the physical therapy place. I don't have to go to the same one every time.

Perhaps you can do the same. But first I think you're going to need a referral for PT or your insurance won't cover it.

Old 11-14-2020, 01:10 PM

23,316 posts, read 18,877,894 times
What does " both knees done" mean?

Old 11-14-2020, 02:13 PM

433 posts, read 532,994 times
"Ian Harris, a Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of New South Wales in Sydney, Australia, wrote a book titled Surgery, The Ultimate Placebo. I haven’t read the book, but I watched his excellent YouTube video lecture on the subject. It is an eye-opening evaluation of commonly performed surgical operations that have been tested and shown to be no more effective (and arguably worse) than placebo, or that have never even been tested. He covers the history of sham surgery studies, talks about placebo effects, and explains why so many surgeons ignore the evidence and continue to do ineffective operations. In the process, he provides a valuable education in critical thinking."

Interesting take on placebos---

[url]https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/ian-harris-on-surgery-the-ultimate-placebo/[/

Old 11-14-2020, 04:57 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
I have had very good luck with Dr, Joe YouTube videos. I had bursitis pain in my shoulder about three weeks ago. I could not sleep and I did her exercises for my shoulder and half an hour later I slept like a baby. She helped me get rid of vertigo. Her videos are short and to the point, I highly recommend them. But, since the OP has had surgery, they might want to have specific exercises for their own special case? Anyway, here are the Dr. Joe exercises for knee pain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQKxITLikiE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness