Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 09:42 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Counseling at that age?
My daughter was in counseling at various ages, starting about 6. She would go in, I wouldn't.

We're all just guessing. How far do you live from your father? I'd be driving there yesterday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2020, 12:40 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
Its a long story, but basically, my sister remembers our parents taking me to Cincinnati Childrens Hospital about 2-3 times per week when I was around 9-10 yrs old, ( I have no memory of this), I asked my dad about it over the phone, and he said, "lets talk about this some other time in person"...which actually means, it will NEVER be brought up again. LOL

whats odd about this, I didnt have any serious medical issues as a child, the first incident I had was a broken arm at 12 yrs old during a BMX race. I have read thru my own medical record and there is nothing in there relating to being treated at Childrens hospital.

Im wondering if its possible for them to keep something out of a persons medical record, I cannot imagine any reason why they would do this though.
Well, it wouldn't be in your medical record if you weren't aware of it and have never told any medical practitioner about it. How else would you suppose it would get in your record? As you know, when you first go to a new doctor or medical facility, you are asked to complete forms that state what your medical history is. That's how they get the information. Your insurance company will also have a medical history on you. But there's no one all-encompassing medical record that follows you around from the day you were born that includes all of your illnesses and medical treatments.

If you suspect that you were treated at a hospital as a child and you don't want to confront your father about it, then you're going to have to write to that hospital and request any records they have of you having been treated there.

Old 09-05-2020, 02:12 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,983,025 times
Quote:
My mom died when I was 14, and my sister was slightly younger than I was, she only remembers going there and playing on the indoor playground set up, according to her, it was always me that went into be seen by doctor, and our parents would wait with her.

No 'conditions' that Im aware of, I went to public school in 8th grade, so I must have had the required vaccinations. I also raced BMX for about 4 years, starting age 12, that is pretty physical sport, If i had some type of condition, I doubt they would have let me race.

Its all speculation at this point.

Thanks for answering. Well, maybe you should firmly make your dad tell you. Tell him you have the right to know because it affected you & he doesn't know that it won't affect you in the future. Make it sound like a dire situation, which it could be later.

Old 09-05-2020, 02:44 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Its a long story, but basically, my sister remembers our parents taking me to Cincinnati Childrens Hospital about 2-3 times per week when I was around 9-10 yrs old, ( I have no memory of this), I asked my dad about it over the phone, and he said, "lets talk about this some other time in person"...which actually means, it will NEVER be brought up again. LOL

whats odd about this, I didnt have any serious medical issues as a child, the first incident I had was a broken arm at 12 yrs old during a BMX race. I have read thru my own medical record and there is nothing in there relating to being treated at Childrens hospital.

Im wondering if its possible for them to keep something out of a persons medical record, I cannot imagine any reason why they would do this though.

Call the hospital Medical Records Dept and see how far back they have records. Probably in storage somewhere

Old 09-05-2020, 03:14 PM

10,896 posts, read 7,389,984 times
Maybe OP had a head injury that affected his memory.

I have only a few childhood memories, mostly ones with strong emotions.
Like the time I fell in the pond at the fish hatchery at about age 7. I don't remember being in the water or being rescued, but I do remember looking at the toe of my sneaker edging down the sloped concrete edge of the pond before I "fell" in (I really wanted to go swimming, so I don't think hitting the water was entirely accidental), and later changing out of my wet, black and white checked romper in the back of the station wagon. And I remember wanting to forget the whole incident because I was embarrassed by it. THAT sure didn't work out.

Old 09-05-2020, 07:37 PM

2,307 posts, read 2,995,264 times
My teenagers have totally different abilities to remember childhood events. My son who is younger remembers things vividly, my daughter doesn't remember much at all. Both bright kids but their brains obviously work differently.

I'm going to guess you were there for counseling (anxiety--maybe you licked your upper lip, pulled your hair, something like that). You have no memory of it because you sat in a boring room talking to a boring lady. Nothing stuck. Glad you are well and I wouldn't waste another second on this.

That's my guess. Let us know if you find out more.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:03 PM

10,306 posts, read 6,842,111 times
Quote:

Oh boy, a can of worms, here.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:33 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
My first job was microfilming medical records so I'm sure that if anything happened, there is a record somewhere.

Do your school records reflect any teacher notes about needing any medical assistance?

I find it distressing that our medical records are now electronically available to corporations like Amazon and that people are paying to have their DNA collected.

Duplicate thread? I'm not sure what you are expecting.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unex...notherapy.html

Old 09-06-2020, 04:05 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
My first job was microfilming medical records so I'm sure that if anything happened, there is a record somewhere.

Do your school records reflect any teacher notes about needing any medical assistance?

I find it distressing that our medical records are now electronically available to corporations like Amazon and that people are paying to have their DNA collected.

Duplicate thread? I'm not sure what you are expecting.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/unex...notherapy.html
Would schools still have records? I graduated high school in 83. I figured they purged records like most places

Old 09-06-2020, 04:37 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Would schools still have records? I graduated high school in 83. I figured they purged records like most places
Some keep them forever on microfilm. It depends on the district. Larger ones are more likely to keep them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness