Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2020, 03:14 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Where are all the cases from all the rioting? Mass protests?

Nada.
I read today, that there has not been a surge that is protest related. Many protesters did wear masks.

I can’t answer about rioters.

Old 10-03-2020, 03:21 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
Where are all the cases from all the rioting? Mass protests?

Nada.
A lot of them were wearing masks and had their backs to other protestors. They're blaming the spike in police COVID cases on protests since they were facing off against the protestors.

Old 10-03-2020, 03:29 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
A lot of them were wearing masks and had their backs to other protestors.
And a lot were not.

Masses of people not even close to social distancing, not wearing masks, screaming at the tops of their lungs ... not even a blip in the case numbers, no increased ICU population or deaths.

Huh.

Old 10-03-2020, 03:50 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,581,692 times
mental disturbance, mentally unbalanced, arrogance, magical thinking, and ignorance - not a good combination

Last edited by matisse12; 10-03-2020 at 04:13 PM..

Old 10-03-2020, 04:59 PM

3,124 posts, read 2,069,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle22 View Post
They have said it's best when everyone wears masks.
What they are saying is that it helps to slow the spread.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...k/art-20485449

Does slowing the spread prevent you or others from contracting the virus? No. Eventually most of us will get it, mask or no mask.

Is slowing the spread the same as stopping the spread? No. It postpones the inevitable.

Wearing a mask does not protect you from getting it or passing it to others.

I'm fine with helping to slow the spread but too many seem to have a false sense of security about masks magically outsmarting a virus and protecting them. That's why all of these mask threads are ridiculous.

Last edited by SimplySagacious; 10-03-2020 at 05:15 PM..

Old 10-03-2020, 05:42 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post

Does slowing the spread prevent you or others from contracting the virus? No. Eventually most of us will get it, mask or no mask.

Is slowing the spread the same as stopping the spread? No. It postpones the inevitable.

I'm fine with helping to slow the spread but too many seem to have a false sense of security about masks magically outsmarting a virus and protecting them. That's why all of these mask threads are ridiculous.
The main weapons we have against covid 19 are masking up, doing distancing and practicing good hand hygiene. That’s all we’ve got. In 6-9 months we might have a vaccine. We do continue to have progress with treatments. What we don’t need is vast numbers of sick people appearing in great distress in emergency rooms. If we can slow the virus down, lives will be spared because vaccines and treatments will become available.

DJT received state of the art treatment, because he is the president. If the experimental drugs are found to be effective in trials, we will all benefit.

I think masking up and distancing do provide some protection. And we can see that not doing these things allows the virus to take hold. This is manifest in the case of DJT, who could not bring himself to follow commonsense rules about Protecting himself against the virus. Telling people that we cannot protect ourselves is counter productive. Some of must avoid the virus in order to stay alive. And, telling them this justifies dangerous behavior. One reckless family member can infect family and friends.

We can protect ourselves to an extent. And we should do what we can. This is a national existential crisis.

Old 10-03-2020, 06:25 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:
It's not necessary. Fact.

It has nothing to do with respect. Are you insulting me? Yep. You are.

Why don't you stop insulting posters (also in the other thread where you called people Idiots !!!) and just accept the fact that other people have their own opinions?

I accept that you have your opinion. Just not sure why you have to create 100 threads about it over and over again, and INSULT other people who don't share your opinion.

Want to wear your mask? AWESOME FOR YOU!!!! Send me your address and I'll mail you a box of them.
Masks are necessary Fact

Masks slow the spread of Covid Fact

Not wearing a mask in public shows a lack of respect for others Fact

Old 10-03-2020, 06:29 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,228,525 times
Quote:

Personally I’d prefer a vaccine to Covid

So no it’s not “inevitable “ that we will all get it Not even close

Not wearing a mask as we have seen certainly ups the odds of contracting the disease

Old 10-03-2020, 06:33 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:

Agreed.

Old 10-03-2020, 06:34 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
And a lot were not.

Masses of people not even close to social distancing, not wearing masks, screaming at the tops of their lungs ... not even a blip in the case numbers, no increased ICU population or deaths.

Huh.
They're running around which allows particles to disperse. A lot of them were probably asymptomatic due to their immune systems and the relative low viral load. They're generally not facing each other. There is much less risk when you're back to someone or at their side than facing directly at them during speaking or singing.

There are now 25 infected from the WH event. Trump was probably infectious since he already had a fever on Thursday or Friday. He is now thought to have been infected for nearly week by the event. He apparently was tested twice to see if the first was a false positive. By the second time, more serious symptoms were starting to show up.

Christie is now going to the hospital. People talk brave but they're the first to go to the hospital (medical version of chickenhawks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Personally I’d prefer a vaccine to Covid

So no it’s not “inevitable “ that we will all get it Not even close

Not wearing a mask as we have seen certainly ups the odds of contracting the disease
A lot of people may have already had it. They examined blood donation samples from 2015 to 2019 and found a high percentage had already been exposed. You can get reinfected with SARS 1.0 if it's been three years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness