Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 05:07 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Sure, there's discharge. But if your clothes are loose enough, most of it will evaporate away. And if I'm wearing a dress, I'm wearing SOMETHING under the dress. Back then, it was the pantyhose. Nowadays, I would be wearing bike shorts under a dress. Unless it's a semi formal affair, where I would be wearing pantyhose again.

But most days, I wear jeans, slacks, shorts, etc...and yeah...I go commando. I put on fresh clean clothes every day.
The moisture might evaporate away, but the potential for retaining bacteria doesn't just disappear, but as long as you don't mind wearing something once, then having to wash it, go for it.

I can't imagine all the loads of laundry you have to do, wearing a pair of jeans/pants/shorts once. I get about three days wear with mine unless I spill something on them or brush up against something dirty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 07:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
The moisture might evaporate away, but the potential for retaining bacteria doesn't just disappear, but as long as you don't mind wearing something once, then having to wash it, go for it.

I can't imagine all the loads of laundry you have to do, wearing a pair of jeans/pants/shorts once. I get about three days wear with mine unless I spill something on them or brush up against something dirty.
I have been thinking the same thing since I read this: I change my undies every morning unless I am going shower late in the day; that would be the one time I might end up wearing a pair more than a day: change after shower and wear the next day. But I wear jeans, at least 2 and sometime 4 days: I would rater do an extra batch of laundry of just under garments once a week then think about how many batches 7 pair or jeans or pants would take up

Old 10-16-2020, 07:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
I would suspect many people change their underwear when they shower/bathe, whether that is every day or on some other schedule.
That's pretty much my hubby, but he changes them a little more often then just shower days. As we have gotten much older, slower moving and inclined not to do much physical work showering is no longer a daily thing.

Old 10-16-2020, 09:13 AM

35,072 posts, read 31,302,097 times
I'm sure you'd get a lot of chafing, irritation, and would be asking for a skin infection.

Old 10-16-2020, 12:03 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
I'll admit I've worn the same pair for more than one day while camping/backpacking. But I can see that puts me in good company (45% of Americans). Certainly not going to hurt anyone if it is occasional.

Having 50 pairs of underwear that you change throughout the day because "why not?" is the opposite extreme. I have better things to spend money on than superfluous underwear! And it gives me a funny picture of someone turning off the TV, sitting there for a minute wondering what to do next, and going, "I know! I'll go change my underwear! Why not?"
I do too. I work in remote Alaska and we transport multiple heavy bags all over the state by plane, auto, dogsled, snowmobile, and hand over the course of several weeks, which leads us to pack our personal bag as light as possible. Space and weight is at a premium. When I was first starting the job, I, like most newbs, was guilty of the dreaded sin of overpacking. I was discussing how to pack more efficiently with my coworker on my next trip. She said, "I wear the same outfit day after day and only change when it starts to stink."

Old 10-16-2020, 12:41 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
All depends on your living environment. Single, a loner, never gets any company, retired like myself, once a week! And I shower once a week, supplemented by "cat baths". And at 70, my dating days are long over.

Old 10-16-2020, 01:13 PM

14,308 posts, read 11,702,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I do too. I work in remote Alaska and we transport multiple heavy bags all over the state by plane, auto, dogsled, snowmobile, and hand over the course of several weeks, which leads us to pack our personal bag as light as possible. Space and weight is at a premium. When I was first starting the job, I, like most newbs, was guilty of the dreaded sin of overpacking. I was discussing how to pack more efficiently with my coworker on my next trip. She said, "I wear the same outfit day after day and only change when it starts to stink."
I've backpacked...heavy backpacking, with snow crossings and stream crossings and lots of dirt...for a week at a time, with two pairs of socks, two pairs of underwear, two T-shirts, one pair of shorts, and no showers. It really is a nonissue in the moment. I'll happily trade nonessential luxuries for the experience.

Afterwards, though, I have to admit nothing feels better than a long, looonnng hot shower and clean clothes.

Old 10-16-2020, 05:46 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,323,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Wonder what the people who don't wear underwear are thinking....shhhh
This is a true story:

Once, this guy went to a party and got drunk. And he went to the washroom, and ended up had to go to the ER for his zipper was pulled up half way and his john john got caught in the zipper because he did not wear underwear. Crazy, eh?

Old 10-16-2020, 06:14 PM

10,306 posts, read 6,842,111 times
Ummm, "itchy butt?"

Old 10-16-2020, 10:00 PM

5,713 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOrdinaryCitizen View Post
This is a true story:

Once, this guy went to a party and got drunk. And he went to the washroom, and ended up had to go to the ER for his zipper was pulled up half way and his john john got caught in the zipper because he did not wear underwear. Crazy, eh?

Sure you didn't just watch Ben Stiller in There's Something about Mary?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness