Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 08:04 AM

1,434 posts, read 665,723 times

Advertisements

Please describe your personal Covid experiance and recovery.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 09:35 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,284,252 times
And don't forget your test results, without which your experience is speculation.

Old 10-17-2020, 09:36 AM

7,237 posts, read 4,546,649 times
I believe I had it over new years last year.

- woke up with chills and exhaustion.
- took a nap - rare for me.
- woke up with a 103 fever. Rare for me.
- Tried Motrin, did nothing, usually knocks a fever down.
- fever went down over three days, cough started up.
- cough was bad. Had issues sleeping.
- cough lasted for 5 or 6 days.

I happened to go to the doctor during it... and my doctor was so freaked by my cough she sent me down for a chest xray, but I was fine.

I recovered in about 7 to 10 days.

But I had lingering symptoms, weirdly back pain for two months. I never have that problem.

Old 10-17-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I believe I had it over new years last year.

- woke up with chills and exhaustion.
- took a nap - rare for me.
- woke up with a 103 fever. Rare for me.
- Tried Motrin, did nothing, usually knocks a fever down.
- fever went down over three days, cough started up.
- cough was bad. Had issues sleeping.
- cough lasted for 5 or 6 days.

I happened to go to the doctor during it... and my doctor was so freaked by my cough she sent me down for a chest xray, but I was fine.

I recovered in about 7 to 10 days.

But I had lingering symptoms, weirdly back pain for two months. I never have that problem.

So you had the flu.

Old 10-17-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
So you had the flu.
No, I didn't.

Please stop with this.

The liberals don't want to treat *covid* as the flu, but when someone HAD covid -- they have to insist it is the flu.

I am completely immune to flu. I haven't had the flu pretty much ever in my life and colds are rare. To be so sick just a few weeks before the "outbreak" which scientists have said was much later than when it actually came... I know it was covid.

Old 10-17-2020, 12:27 PM

924 posts, read 1,676,803 times
Our employee (early 30's) currently has Covid and we are getting daily updates. He is in his early 30’s. About 10 days ago he came into work and seemed fine. He called my husband late in the morning and said he was headed home because he felt awful. He had appeared and acted so well in the morning that my husband kind of wondered if he really was feeling that bad or there was another reason he needed to go home.

Day 2 he did not come to work and texted he was too sick with really bad body aches and severe headache, no fever.

Day 3 was the weekend. He spoke to DH Saturday night and sounded terrible. Severe chest congestion, weak voice but no fever. It was clear that simply talking on the phone was wearing him out.

Day 5 he said he was feeling a bit better, congestion was clearing but his wife, children and mother were sick. All had lost their sense of taste and smell. The mother went to the hospital and tested positive for Covid-19. She was sent home.

Day 6-8 he seemed to be improving and expected to be back at work this coming week.

Day 9 (yesterday) he developed a fever and again sounded congested (chest). He describes the symptoms as a roller coaster where you feel your energy returning and think you are getting better and then you’re feeling awful again.

My son’s fiancée, age 23, had it. She thought her allergies were acting up because she had nasal congestion. That was her only symptom. They tested her for Covid. Almost a month later they let her know she was positive. My son, also 23, immediately got tested and told the next day it was negative. They live together. We suspect he actually had it first and was asmptomatic and gave it to her. He is an EMT and was mostly transporting Covid patients or working at Covid test sites during that time period.

Old 10-17-2020, 12:31 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
No, I didn't.

Please stop with this.

The liberals don't want to treat *covid* as the flu, but when someone HAD covid -- they have to insist it is the flu.

I am completely immune to flu. I haven't had the flu pretty much ever in my life and colds are rare. To be so sick just a few weeks before the "outbreak" which scientists have said was much later than when it actually came... I know it was covid.

How are you completely immune to the flu? I’m not saying that it couldn’t have been Covid, that’s possible but it sounds an awful lot like the flu and since you didn’t get tested, how do you know?

Old 10-17-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
How are you completely immune to the flu? I’m not saying that it couldn’t have been Covid, that’s possible but it sounds an awful lot like the flu and since you didn’t get tested, how do you know?
I literally never have it. EVER. I honestly have gone 10+ years with out flu symptoms. I have had colds but they don't involve a fever.

Highly unlikely I would just break out in the flu when I never have it normally. Don't get a flu shot either.

I know.

Why wouldn't it have been covid since it is the same symptoms AND it is during the time it was infecting the USA. The first known case here was in middle January.

Old 10-17-2020, 12:57 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
I literally never have it. EVER. I honestly have gone 10+ years with out flu symptoms. I have had colds but they don't involve a fever.

Highly unlikely I would just break out in the flu when I never have it normally. Don't get a flu shot either.

I know.

Why wouldn't it have been covid since it is the same symptoms AND it is during the time it was infecting the USA. The first known case here was in middle January.

We all have a 5% to 20% chance of getting the flu in any given year. It’s actually much more unusual to get it often then it is to not get it often. There are a lot of people who have made it well into adulthood without ever having it. There are even some who never get it. It doesn’t mean you’re totally immune though, it means you just didn’t get it.

I’ve had it twice ever in spite of also not getting flu shots. About ten years ago I was heavily exposed as I was taking care of family with the flu and kept waiting to get sick but never did.

It’s very possible you had the flu for the first time. The symptoms are an exact match. It is also possible you had covid.

Old 10-17-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
I know it was covid.

That's nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness