Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 07:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HLc...ature=youtu.be

Very interesting video. More than a dozen doctors together claiming that this virus is not what you think it is. How can I go against them? They are doctors. Do I know more than them?

Now I do all the things necessary. Heck I haven't seen friends in 7 months. But why should I believe that the virus is as bad as they say it is when these doctors say there's no more true pandemic? Why should I not listen to them? Why should I listen to the media? They are doctors. They went to school for this. They are the experts, not the media.

What do you think of the video?
Just my opinion, but I don't think it is over: what I do think is one of 3 things will happen: after, possibly a brief upswing in the COVID we will see a gradual decline and it will run its course: 2-we will get a vaccine tha enough people will use that we will see a decline like we do with flu or 3-we will go on with our lives, not be obsessed with this and stop having it front page coverage every damn day.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I love this video.

Right now I’m listening to the doctor talk about how masks are damaging, especially to little kids who learn so much from looking at and reading faces. This is something that I’ve thought a lot about and I’m so glad to hear her say it. Kids also learn to speak and read in part by looking at lips and mouth movements. What happens when they can’t see faces, facial expressions, mouth movements, lip reading, etc?
I know of 3 doctors or heath professionals that agree the masks are not always the best things for the kids.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:14 AM

5,713 posts, read 4,289,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Are you saying the Doctors are paid by the Koch brothers? Or are they paid by One America News?

What are you saying?

I'm saying I'd get a new doctor if one of these clowns was mine.

Old 10-19-2020, 07:58 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
No it isn't. It's dangerous

It’s really not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
That you need to consider the source when watching the news.

It reminds me of that old joke, “What do you call someone who graduates last in medical school? Doctor.”

Conflating science and politics exacerbated the mess we’re in.

The source are the doctors themselves.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:31 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
I think math doesn't lie. The pandemic is not over.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:39 AM

2,145 posts, read 3,061,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The source are the doctors themselves.
I’m talking about the source of the broadcast.

Did any network other than OAN present this as legit news? I could go out on my front porch and hold a news conference. If no one broadcasts it, it has no impact.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:05 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,477,098 times
I realize this is not the political forum and I certainly do not want to discuss politics but

Attacking the source is totally appropriate in the case. I will not even bother watching the video. It's like watching Alex Jones and falling for it.

OAN Network

Quote:
One America News Network (OANN), also known as One America News (OAN), is a far-right,[13] pro-Donald Trump[21]
Quote:
History
OANN was announced on March 14, 2013, by Herring Networks, Inc., a family-owned national video programming company, which also owns sister channel AWE. The OAN channel originally debuted in partnership with The Washington Times, which had drawn criticism for racist content, including commentary and conspiracy theories about former U.S. President Barack Obama,[44] supporting neo-Confederate historical revisionism, and promoting Islamophobia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network

Not what I would call "Fair and Balanced". QAnon people love this channel. It's "right up their alley". That should tell you something.

We KNOW the Pandemic is not over. Duh.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:08 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Just my opinion, but I don't think it is over: what I do think is one of 3 things will happen: after, possibly a brief upswing in the COVID we will see a gradual decline and it will run its course: 2-we will get a vaccine tha enough people will use that we will see a decline like we do with flu or 3-we will go on with our lives, not be obsessed with this and stop having it front page coverage every damn day.
They are basically saying what you are saying in the bolded. Not that Covid is gone but the emergency is over. That we have effective treatment and that staying in this locked down state is no longer necessary or even healthy.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:11 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
1. Changing recommendations as new data is collected is not being "lied to".

2. There are too many observational episodes where mask wearers did not get sick and non-mask wearers did to say that masks do not work.

3. There is no way to remove "internet archives". Every article I have heard of that someone complains has been removed has been found somewhere. Frankly the craziness like that dispensed by the "demon lover" woman needs to be removed.

4. We had to learn to use those treatments, and they are not 100% effective.

5. Early treatment is possibly true but limited by resources, especially early on. The problem with the info coming from urgent care centers is that their population is likely not typical, and if they are treating everyone they have no idea whether those people would have gotten well with no treatment at all. They need controls and publish the results.

6. I am skeptical, frankly. How many people did he treat? When studied against placebo, the HCQ, zinc, and azithromycin treatment did not pan out, and I am one who hoped it would.

7. Plenty of children are doing fine. Perhaps there is a parenting problem that should be addressed.

8. With no supporting evidence beyond their opinions, how is this video not also propaganda?

9. If they are denying there is a pandemic all credibility goes out the window because they are ignorant of what the word means. Are they identified at all?
They isolate too much on the mask narrative from what I saw. It has always been emphasized that masks require social distancing so that the exposure to crowds don't negate the effectiveness of masks. Masks lower the exposure to particles to a fraction, while long and frequent exposure to unprotected crowds has a multiplier effect.

Observational studies are heavily subject to the bias of the observer and relies on the response to be accurate, not just telling the poll-taker what they want to hear.

Treatments does not mean that the pandemic is over. It means that they there has been sufficient experience that there are more successful treatment protocols in place and in development. The only way to end the pandemic is an effective vaccine or control and elimination of infections as done successfully in other countries.

Early treatment requires universal testing which has not been available. It would also be helped by universal healthcare. People aren't going to go for treatment until they're very sick unless they can't afford it.

You can tell it's a political video since they bring up the hydroxychloroquine issue which has been discredited many times.

Some of the people in the video never treated the coronavirus and have been retired from the medical profession for many years. One of them, a former dentist who hasn't practiced in two decades, claims to have treated 500 patients using hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:31 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
There is no shortage of yes men willing to prostitute themselves for a political agenda. OAN is just another FOX, and paying experts to express their opinion is not hard. I just wonder how these rectums sleep at night.

I have a pretty good pulse on what's going on in the hospitals I worked in over the years. One quote from a fellow therapist "If someone isn't taking this seriously, they're in trouble." Yep, me friends still working in health care know what's going on. Not some paid talking head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.