Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 09:44 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,765,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
There is no shortage of yes men willing to prostitute themselves for a political agenda. OAN is just another FOX, and paying experts to express their opinion is not hard. I just wonder how these rectums sleep at night.

I have a pretty good pulse on what's going on in the hospitals I worked in over the years. One quote from a fellow therapist "If someone isn't taking this seriously, they're in trouble." Yep, me friends still working in health care know what's going on. Not some paid talking head.
The yes men are on the mainstream news as well. Our current approach to covid is causing great harm.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:58 AM

7,279 posts, read 5,158,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
A couple of months is not nearly long enough to declare it endemic.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ic-could-end1/
Please don't use The (Pseudo)Scientific American to back up your claims. It's nothing more than a political opinion publication.

An epidemic is defined as the situation where a disease is increasing in incidence in a population. It is considered over when the incidence falls back to (or establishes itself, for a novel disease) the stable, baseline level.

You're right in that a novel disease has no baseline level established by history for reference, but a rising rate that seems to have peaked and now fallen to a stable level for more than 2 months will do until experience tells us otherwise.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:07 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,295,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Try watching the video, Suzy.
some people are set in what they believe and will refuse to view or hear anything that upsets that belief...they'll just keep wearing their masks and frowning at people who don't.

They're soooo much smarter than all those docs put together....yet when you ask advice about a medical problem, they're the first ones to tell you not to consider any advice given in a forum.
Instead, they'll always insist that you seek the professional advice of a DOCTOR.

Wearing a mask is like trying to keep a fly out with chicken wire.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:24 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,295,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einhander View Post

Very interesting video. More than a dozen doctors together claiming that this virus is not what you think it is. How can I go against them? They are doctors. Do I know more than them?

They are doctors. They went to school for this. They are the experts, not the media.

What do you think of the video?
I think it's a great video and about time.
There are doctors everywhere who would agree.

The mainstream news media is INDEED fearmongering by reporting fraudulent, deceiving, misleading, and flat out lies.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:53 AM

2,176 posts, read 1,327,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reebo View Post
I’m talking about the source of the broadcast.

Did any network other than OAN present this as legit news? I could go out on my front porch and hold a news conference. If no one broadcasts it, it has no impact.
Just for the sake of the argument: you wont find too many broadcasting companies with a different voice- the whole world gets all their broadcast from mostly 6 closely held corporations with similar goals.
All 6 of them have pretty much one narrative..

Old 10-19-2020, 10:55 AM

4,184 posts, read 5,069,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Please don't use The (Pseudo)Scientific American to back up your claims. It's nothing more than a political opinion publication.
Since when ?
Last month ?

Old 10-19-2020, 10:57 AM

37,119 posts, read 41,316,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post

An epidemic is defined as the situation where a disease is increasing in incidence in a population. It is considered over when the incidence falls back to (or establishes itself, for a novel disease) the stable, baseline level.

You're right in that a novel disease has no baseline level established by history for reference, but a rising rate that seems to have peaked and now fallen to a stable level for more than 2 months will do until experience tells us otherwise.
Please point out the errors in the article.

There is no guarantee there will be no future peaks. Two months is just not enough time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
some people are set in what they believe and will refuse to view or hear anything that upsets that belief...they'll just keep wearing their masks and frowning at people who don't.

They're soooo much smarter than all those docs put together....yet when you ask advice about a medical problem, they're the first ones to tell you not to consider any advice given in a forum.
Instead, they'll always insist that you seek the professional advice of a DOCTOR.

Wearing a mask is like trying to keep a fly out with chicken wire.
If you have something to say to me, just address it to me.

Masks do not completely stop the spread of the virus but they do help, some better than others, primarily by stopping or slowing down large droplets when they are exhaled. Large droplets that make it through the mask drop to the floor within about six feet of the person wearing the mask. That is the reason for the six foot social distance. Aerosols, such as those produced by a sneeze, will travel further. The mask is less helpful then. The goal with masks is to reduce the amount of the virus in the air, particularly indoors but anywhere that it is hard to keep a distance from other people.

I have no idea who the people in the video are but have no reason to think they are any smarter than the doctors who advise use of masks. Do any of them have any special expertise in virology or epidemiology?

https://www.fau.edu/newsdesk/article...oronavirus.php

Old 10-19-2020, 11:00 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,516,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I know of 3 doctors or heath professionals that agree the masks are not always the best things for the kids.
I know at least 3 doctors and many more health professionals who agree that kids who are in close contact with other people that may have been exposed should be wearing masks while doing so. No doctors are saying kids should wear masks 24/7. They will also tell you that most of these decisions are based on risk vs reward. Yes there are some possible short term risks for a few children but those are easily outweighed by the protection the masks offer in situations that those children can’t avoid being in.

The last group of doctors that were paid to stand up and do this included one from Houston who runs a failing pediatric clinic in a very rundown area that most parents would never dream of taking their sick children to.

Old 10-19-2020, 11:04 AM

2,176 posts, read 1,327,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post

You can tell it's a political video since they bring up the hydroxychloroquine issue which has been discredited many times.

Some of the people in the video never treated the coronavirus and have been retired from the medical profession for many years. One of them, a former dentist who hasn't practiced in two decades, claims to have treated 500 patients using hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin.
Do you have a name of the dentist? Source?
Was he among those doctors in the video- did not see/hear him speak/claim anything in the video?

HCQ is a touchy subject still. Don't underestimate the power of an establishment and the financial interests. The punishments are severe- why would most of the average doctors want to make waves- with their expensive homes and country clubs?
HCQ is not political- it is economical! Trump was just very handy: too easy and convenient to attack and disavow

The useless and very pricey Remdesivir-is Dr.Fauchi's "baby". (The Chinese tried it in Feb and told us so- useless).
HCQ diminishes the perceived benefits of Remdesivir.
(Right on a Remdesivir pamphlet- read it on drugs.com)
CDC removed HCQ just a couple of days after approving Remdesivir.
if this is not a conflict of interest, then I don't know what is.

Last edited by Nik4me; 10-19-2020 at 11:16 AM..

Old 10-19-2020, 11:08 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,765,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik4me View Post
Do you have a name of the dentist? Source?
Was he among those doctors in the video- did not see/hear him speak/claim anything in the video?

HCQ is a touchy subject still.

The useless Remdesivir-is Dr.Fauchi's "baby".(The Chinese tried it in Feb and told us so- useless).
HCQ diminishes the perceived benefits of Remdesivir.
(Right on a Remdesivir pamphlet)
if this is not a conflict of interest, then I don't know what is.

I didn’t see a dentist in the video either.

It really would be helpful if those commenting would just watch the video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.