Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 01:06 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,296,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Yes, it’s obvious who watched it and who didn’t based on them saying they didn’t watch it and then making arguments that don’t match what was in the video.

No one is patting themselves on the back. I do with people would wake up and realize the consequences of these restrictions. They are not harmless. I also wish people would look at the data and that the bast majority of people would stop overestimating their risk of death from covid.

You don't know what "the vast majority of people" think about their risk of death from covid. You don't know what anyone things unless they tell you. Its the kind of cognitive error that cause people to swallow dangerous and false tripe.

I don't know anybody who wants restrictions to go on any longer than necessary. I would bet that we're all just as tired of it as you are.

Old 10-19-2020, 01:33 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
You don't know what "the vast majority of people" think about their risk of death from covid. You don't know what anyone things unless they tell you. Its the kind of cognitive error that cause people to swallow dangerous and false tripe.

I don't know anybody who wants restrictions to go on any longer than necessary. I would bet that we're all just as tired of it as you are.

You have your opinions and assumptions and I have mine. We will not agree.

Old 10-19-2020, 01:38 PM

7,265 posts, read 5,147,374 times
This like listening to a discussion of nuclear physics over beers at the neighborhood bar.

Some logic about masks-- the N95 is the best we have. The "95" represents the % of particles (like viruses) that it can stop...That means 5% get thru...How many viruses getting thru does it take to get infected?...Theoretically they don't work very well, and that is born out by the practical data....(and surgical masks only stop 80% of particles.)

Surgeons wear masks during surgery to stop their normally bacteria laden spit from spraying into the open surgical field. If they have a viral infection, they don't go into surgery.

Once again: an epidemic is DEFINED by an increasing rate of new infections appearing in the population...The rate of CoViD rose quickly in Feb & Mar to 27%, then fell gradually (with a small "2nd wave") until Aug and has been stable since then at about 5%.

BY DEFINITION, the epidemic is over.

We are now in the endemic stage-- There's a certain continuing, stable rate of new infections.

The epidemic may be technically over, but that doesn't mean everyone is safe. The elderly and those with the well known comorbidities should still limit their public appearances.

Old 10-19-2020, 01:52 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,482,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
BY DEFINITION, the epidemic is over.

We are now in the endemic stage-- There's a certain continuing, stable rate of new infections.

The epidemic may be technically over, but that doesn't mean everyone is safe. The elderly and those with the well known comorbidities should still limit their public appearances.
You need to brush up on your terms.

It was never am Epidemic, it's a PANDEMIC.

An Epidemic
affecting or tending to affect a disproportionately large number of individuals within a population, community, or region at the same time
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/epidemic

A Pandemic
occurring over a wide geographic area (such as multiple countries or continents) and typically affecting a significant proportion of the population
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pandemic

It's clearly the latter, a Pandemic

An Endemic disease is
belonging or native to a particular people or country
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/endemic

Anyway, you can say, potato potahto, whatever. Bottom line it's over when it's over and regardless of what anybody says, it's clearly not.

I would say it's over when it's gone as in GONE completely.

IMO, it will never be gone completely. Is the black plague or smallpox gone?

Old 10-19-2020, 02:10 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,579,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
So I assume these anti-masking doctors don't even wear one in the operating room. Why should they?
Healthcare regulations require doctors to wear a mask when dealing with patients when flu is deemed widespread in their area. It would not be any different for any other respiratory disease, such COVID-19. So they are clearly going against established practice. The only way to get around it is to lie and claim that there is no pandemic.

Old 10-19-2020, 02:17 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Too many insist on taking their medical advice from MSM. Scientific studies pre-COVID 19 done on cloth masks say they do not work. https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/...-social-policy & https://www.climatedepot.com/2020/05...cience-vacuum/

And, the testing accuracy? Remember the President of Tanzania had a paw-paw (fruit), a goat and some other fruit, and they tested positive for COVID 19. I read the tests were about 30% accurate.

Be open-minded enough to listen to the presentation. Fear not being educated on any subject.

I agree the "pandemic" is over.

Thank you OP for posting this, I just sent it to the Mayor, and will get it out to others also.

Old 10-19-2020, 02:50 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,744,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Nik did a nice summary. I will pass, thank you.
How would you know if the summary was "nice" or in other words, complete and accurate. You don't. People who haven't watched this video have nothing to say that's worthwhile.

Old 10-19-2020, 02:54 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,703,315 times
Looks like we've had enough of what we think. You may want to take these discussions to Politics & Other Controversies if you want long discussions and disagreements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.