Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 10:30 AM

3,125 posts, read 2,078,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
And who are you willing to sacrifice?
Who are you willing to sacrifice to influenza? Apparently you have been complacent with those deaths. Why didn't you protect them with shutdowns, masks, distancing, etc.? The vaccine has a very poor success rate. Why are you so callous?

Old 10-24-2020, 10:32 AM

51,658 posts, read 25,887,267 times
There are a number of reasons why outcomes may be improving.

It could be that as we learn about Covid, better treatment options are developed. Blood thinners for example

It could be that the virus has mutated into a less lethal form.

It could be that the accounting has changed.

Even taking into account the over 200,000 that have already died, there are tens of thousands more deaths then expected in a typical year.

Old 10-24-2020, 12:34 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,921,131 times
My cousin passed away from Covid-19 yesterday afternoon. He was very dear to all of his family, and we will miss him sorely. We are eternally thankful that his passing was peaceful and free of pain. He was sick for no more than ten or eleven days, and died on the eighth day he was hospitalized. I am thankful that he didn't have to endure a long, painful siege such as so many others have suffered.

Please wear your masks. Wear them correctly, and ensure that your children are also masked when in the presence of others. Wash your hands, use sanitizer, avoid crowds and maintain social distancing.

No one deserves to die of Covid, and no family deserves to suffer such a grievous loss.

Old 10-24-2020, 12:35 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,969,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
And who are you willing to sacrifice?
What are you talking about? Are you negotiating with a terrorist? Making a list of people YOU want to kill and then checking with others to see if this list that YOU created is acceptable and then accusing them of being terrorists?

NEWSFLASH .... to all humans on earth .... sometimes people die ...

Why are you so SCARED everyday?

I really wish someone would answer that question.Why are you TERRIFIED of death by COVID, a sickness that 99% of people recover from?

Seriously ... people need to get a grip already. Living in terror is mental illness.

Old 10-24-2020, 12:41 PM

37,147 posts, read 41,350,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What are you talking about? Are you negotiating with a terrorist? Making a list of people YOU want to kill and then checking with others to see if this list that YOU created is acceptable and then accusing them of being terrorists?

NEWSFLASH .... to all humans on earth .... sometimes people die ...

Why are you so SCARED everyday?

I really wish someone would answer that question.Why are you TERRIFIED of death by COVID, a sickness that 99% of people recover from?

Seriously ... people need to get a grip already. Living in terror is mental illness.
Every one of us will die. Most of us prefer not to die early from something preventable. It is why we look both ways before crossing the street.

Old 10-24-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Every one of us will die. Most of us prefer not to die early from something preventable. It is why we look both ways before crossing the street.
The best prevention is a healthy immune system. Lots of ways to accomplish that.

And I don't see you screeching about diet and exercise in every post to help people lose weight, stop being overweight/obese and get rid of diabetes, which were proved to be factors in those who get COVID.

Start posting about THAT prevention. Since prevention of COVID is the main reason you post all day, everyday.

I'll believe you care about health -- and not ideology -- when I see that.

Old 10-24-2020, 02:39 PM

7,245 posts, read 4,565,912 times
Quote:

Old 10-24-2020, 02:50 PM

37,147 posts, read 41,350,718 times
Quote:
The best prevention is a healthy immune system. Lots of ways to accomplish that.

And I don't see you screeching about diet and exercise in every post to help people lose weight, stop being overweight/obese and get rid of diabetes, which were proved to be factors in those who get COVID.

Start posting about THAT prevention. Since prevention of COVID is the main reason you post all day, everyday.

"Healthy immune systems" are killing some people with COVID-19.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7527296/

Where have I ever advocated against a healthy diet and exercise? We will wait while you find and link to my posts in that regard.

Old 10-24-2020, 02:55 PM

7,296 posts, read 5,177,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

It could be that the virus has mutated into a less lethal form.

Even taking into account the over 200,000 that have already died, there are tens of thousands more deaths then expected in a typical year.
The natural course for all infectious diseases is for the pathogen's gene pool to be selected towards lower virulence. A germ that kills its host kills itself, eliminating the deadly genotype from the population

It remans to be seen the effect of "excess deaths." With 40% of all CoViD deaths occurring in nursing home pts, and the average life expectancy of those pts only ~5 months even without CoV, we could easily surmise that 80,000 deaths occurred "with CoV' and not "due to CoV."

So, 120,000 CoV deaths are "excessive," but with over 3 million deaths per yr normally, CoV only accounts for ~3% of them.--Certainly a big deal if you or your loved one is a victim, but is the low number worth putting 10s of millions of people out of work for the better part of a year, many of the jobs never to return?

The cure should not be worse than the disease.

Old 10-24-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

Where have I ever advocated against a healthy diet and exercise? We will wait while you find and link to my posts in that regard.
Where did I ever say that you have advocated AGAINST healthy diet/exercise? We will wait while you find and link to my posts in that regard ("in that regard" ... interesting choice of words). You won't find any. DUH. SMH. Goalpost moving and deflection.

I have not seen one post in all your COVID prevention posts where you promote that losing weight and getting rid of diabetes is a great preventive measure for COVID that everyone should be doing.

Sure love the masks, though.

Instead of moving the goalpost and deflection, just link to the numerous posts YOU have made promoting creating a health immune system, losing weight, getting rid of diabetes and eating healthy. Since you care so much about prevention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.