U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 10:57 AM

1,793 posts, read 4,276,333 times

Advertisements

It works.
Just make sure you eat something before taking your pill. Very important.
Do not give up either. Keep taking it til you don't need it anymore. You will know.
Good luck to you, you can do it!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 03:56 PM

11,445 posts, read 23,029,812 times
I took it 13 years ago. It gave me an upset stomach and vivid dreams, but it worked.

Old 11-06-2020, 10:25 PM

20,559 posts, read 5,843,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly4u View Post
It works.
Just make sure you eat something before taking your pill. Very important.
Do not give up either. Keep taking it til you don't need it anymore. You will know.
Good luck to you, you can do it!
Yes, Im going to start eating something light, the past couple days, after about an hour of taking it, I start feeling VERY nauseous, my mouth starts producing alot of warm saliva...kind of like it does right before you vomit...I didnt vomit, but I was right there for about 10-15 min. The feeling passed after about 20 mins though.

Old 11-06-2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
We tried it after it 1st came out. It was expensive as heck. It made me nauseous, but also made me eat a lot. It ended up killing my taste buds. I used to be able to eat all sorts of hot and spicy foods but now wuss out.

Good luck! Hopefully it works this time, if not, have you ever tried patches?

That's probably how I'm going to quit smoking, the next time I get some sort of flu. About 2 years ago, I was able to cut it to 1/2 a pack a day, can't get it below 48 hours except some days it will be 3 or 4 hours later. I date and add the time to each pack hoping that I'll do better. Doing that also helps me control the days where I want to smoke more and not realize it.

After trying Chantix I tried patches and was down to 3 cigarettes a day but then got stressed out with my hubs cancer. These days I haven't had money for patches. My "extra money" goes towards raising my grandson. If he's good he gets Fortnite bucks.
Many doctors will GIVE the nicotine patches away for free.

Old 11-07-2020, 01:51 AM

15,214 posts, read 24,247,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Many doctors will GIVE the nicotine patches away for free.
Never saw one that did. My insurance doesn't cover them either.

Ask your Doctor for generic compazine for nausea.

Old 11-07-2020, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Never saw one that did. My insurance doesn't cover them either.

Ask your Doctor for generic compazine for nausea.
My doctor tried writing me a prescription for them a few years ago, my insurance doesn't cover them either.

I help raise my 7 year old grandson plus help buy clothes for my 3 year old grand daughter who lives with her father. My hub hasn't worked since March up until 3 weeks ago due to COVID so the money isn't there to buy patches. I lost my 2nd health insurance due to it.

Reply to the rep comment - My grandson still needs clothes to start school if they ever do, plus my daughter recently moved out, she needs help with her gas deposit plus I had to buy her a phone card yesterday. She had a cell with Comcast that's turned off and $500 that I have to try to put $50 towards because it's on my son's account. He works there. Unfortunately they left her cell on during COVID when the bill didn't get paid, had I known I would have started paying something towards it. She lost her main phone number that she's had for 15 years. There's just too many things needing paid right now.

Last edited by Roselvr; 11-07-2020 at 03:35 AM..

Old 11-07-2020, 06:19 AM

66,969 posts, read 62,645,891 times
My sister quit with Chantix. She used half the dose. I forget why.

I quit with auricular therapy, where they use an electrode (doesn't hurt, just sounds that way) on the acupuncture points on the outer ear. 35 years of smoking, BAM, I was done. Almost nine years without a cigarette, and I can hang around other people smoking and it doesn't bother me. Look into that if Chantix doesn't work for you.

Old 11-07-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My sister quit with Chantix. She used half the dose. I forget why.

I quit with auricular therapy, where they use an electrode (doesn't hurt, just sounds that way) on the acupuncture points on the outer ear. 35 years of smoking, BAM, I was done. Almost nine years without a cigarette, and I can hang around other people smoking and it doesn't bother me. Look into that if Chantix doesn't work for you.
Seems like I have heard about something like this (with a spot on the ear), to help stop smoking, but I dont think it involved an electrode.

Old 11-07-2020, 10:58 AM

9,128 posts, read 13,084,968 times
I tried Chantix I think 12 or so years ago.

What it did was make the taste of cigarette smoke taste like .... let's just say something very undesirable.

But then that effect wore off. So be forewarned.

It's certainly worth using. Willpower must accompany it.

Old 11-07-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Seems like I have heard about something like this (with a spot on the ear), to help stop smoking, but I dont think it involved an electrode.
I was reading about it, works for some, not others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness