Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 10:43 AM

5,404 posts, read 15,997,633 times

Advertisements

The virus cannot survive without a human host. Just hang them in the sun for a day.....they will be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 11:28 AM

5,714 posts, read 4,291,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Iverson View Post
Jacket arrived today in one of those large, white plastic bags. First step was thoroughly spraying all sides of the bag with 70% iso and letting sit for a couple of min. The bag was then cut open and the jacket removed. One side of the jacket is under the UVC light now for 30 min, then will do the other side. The bag was placed into a bleach solution for 5 minutes and is now being air dried. I wanted to save the bag in case I had to return the coat. According to the shipping info, the coat was in transit for 3 days.

I like the idea of heat decon mentioned above and will be using this in the future.

But you are going to die from worry.

Old 12-16-2020, 11:38 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
Quote:
Jacket arrived today in one of those large, white plastic bags. First step was thoroughly spraying all sides of the bag with 70% iso and letting sit for a couple of min. The bag was then cut open and the jacket removed. One side of the jacket is under the UVC light now for 30 min, then will do the other side. The bag was placed into a bleach solution for 5 minutes and is now being air dried. I wanted to save the bag in case I had to return the coat. According to the shipping info, the coat was in transit for 3 days.

I like the idea of heat decon mentioned above and will be using this in the future.
Have you thought of having your anxiety treated?

What you described sounds truly neurotic and unhealthy (from a mental health standpoint, not to mention whatever you're doing with bleach and plastic - just weird).

Old 12-16-2020, 11:40 AM

15,439 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Do you know why they thought that?

I went back in time and read some of the CDC's recommendations for previous disease outbreaks. It was funny, almost. There was the 6 foot distancing recommendation and all the warnings about disinfecting surfaces frequently but only with approved disinfectants. And then there were fomites.

CDC just recycles the same crap for every outbreak.
CDC isn't recycling. Those recommendations apply to many situations.

Old 12-16-2020, 11:40 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times
Quote:
Bit the bullet, and placed the jacket in the oven for 5 min while monitoring the temperature at the center with an external thermometer. It was kept at 180 F for 5 min once that temp was reached. I'm going to do the same thing with the thermals when they arrived. Was a bit worried about the jacket, since it is mostly nylon exterior and down interior, but all went well.

Deserterer, what you say may be true. I am definitely a 'type A' personality and have always been. Wouldn't have mattered if it was Covid or not because it would have been something else. Exercise and prayer are what have helped me all these years. Especially the latter since I have not been able to exercise all that much.
You're going to burn down your house in the process of trying to "protect" yourself.

Maybe you should do some meditation on death - your obsession has crossed over into the "unhealthy" spectrum.

Old 12-16-2020, 11:49 AM

134 posts, read 118,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
You're going to burn down your house in the process of trying to "protect" yourself.

Maybe you should do some meditation on death - your obsession has crossed over into the "unhealthy" spectrum.

no further comment

Old 12-16-2020, 01:27 PM

13,713 posts, read 12,439,565 times
Quote:
Bit the bullet, and placed the jacket in the oven for 5 min while monitoring the temperature at the center with an external thermometer. It was kept at 180 F for 5 min once that temp was reached. I'm going to do the same thing with the thermals when they arrived. Was a bit worried about the jacket, since it is mostly nylon exterior and down interior, but all went well.
Why not just place the thermals in the washing machine? It's long underwear. It can be washed easily.

Old 12-16-2020, 01:41 PM

134 posts, read 118,845 times
Thanks again everyone. From this point on, I'm unsubscribing from this thread. Between heat, bleach, alcohol and soap, there's more than enough info on additional decon as needed. Take care......

Old 12-16-2020, 02:19 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,852,325 times
If is common on C-D for people to pose questions they've already answered to their own satisfaction. Regardless of whether that answer happens to be reasonable, rational, ridiculous, right, or wrong, what they want from the thread is validation.

Last edited by Parnassia; 12-16-2020 at 02:52 PM..

Old 12-16-2020, 05:36 PM

9,136 posts, read 6,191,523 times
Quote:
Thanks again everyone. From this point on, I'm unsubscribing from this thread. Between heat, bleach, alcohol and soap, there's more than enough info on additional decon as needed. Take care......

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness