Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2020, 05:56 PM

1,445 posts, read 675,312 times

Advertisements

Rolling the bottle and different shoes saved me from surgery.
Try everything else and surgery as a last resort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 01:24 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,665,915 times
Had lots of pain for a good 4 years or so before I finally went to a Podiatrist...exercises (stretches) didn't help much. X-ray did show a bone spur (was bummed out), but he said it was not pressing on tendon (yay!). Had a few cortisone injections in heel which temporarily helped...pain would come back eventually. What saved me since I have very high arches is ORTHOTICS...especially for flip flops which are worn a lot here in Southern California. Pain has gone away after consistently wearing the orthotics (they have inserts for shoes) and if you wear flip flops get the orthotic arch support ones most definitely. Amazing how much they helped me!

Old 12-16-2020, 06:47 AM

50,407 posts, read 64,151,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fostercolline View Post
Hello Guys!
Here I am looking for plantar fasciitis treatment in Florida, USA. I have pain at the bottom mid-foot area. The pain is worst in the morning. So if anyone knows about a plantar fasciitis surgeon in Florida, then please let me know.
I have had plantar fasciitis in each foot at different times. Once I went to a podiatrist, and once I didn’t, and it took the same amount of time to heal. One day, the pain is there and one day, it’s gone.

This is what I was told to do....take Ibuprofen on a regular schedule, not just when it hurts, because the anti inflammatory will help the foot heal.

Wear shoes that are rigid, that is you cannot twist them side to side, they should also have a good arch support.

A podiatrist could give you a shot of cortisone that might give you some relief while you’re healing, but those shots don’t tickle.

If an elastic sock makes it feel better, wear one.

Then, you just wait for the shredded fibers in the foot to mend.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:45 AM

19,100 posts, read 27,685,875 times
1. massage your feet for several minutes, while in bed, to stretch plantar fascia, before putting weight on them.
2. find someone who makes GOOD custom inserts. I cured(I am Certified Orthotist) countless PFS cases with them. But, they have to be well made, not templated with lowered arches.
3. In my case, and I had spells of it twice, it simply went away after several months. Unpleasant, but I can deal with it. Yet, same time, I am very active and exercise leg muscles, that helps. Why I didn't make myself inserts? Donno, I could. Maybe just following old proverb, cobbler without good shoes?

Old 12-16-2020, 10:45 AM

2,551 posts, read 4,062,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I cured mine with good sturdy shoes, good solid orthodics, and wear them ALL THE TIME for at least six months... And that means immediately when you step out of bed, until you slip them off to get into bed again, whether you feel pain that day or not. No more walking barefoot on hard surfaces.

Tendons are very slow to heal. You need to let them heal completely. And that will take diligence over months, not just day to day.

My two cents.
I agree with this advice. A game-changer for me was getting fleecy orthotics (inexpensive on Amazon) and putting them in my slippers. Never go without shoes without orthotics, and never go without the slippers. Ever. Ever. Ever. I also iced in the evening, and did stretching.

After several months of constant diligence, the pain is gone.

Old 12-16-2020, 11:14 AM

1,602 posts, read 1,920,047 times
I had bilateral bunionectomy 5 years ago this week. After surgery, I developed PF in one foot, which wasn't helped by changing my commute to one that involved a lot more walking (not sure what I was thinking lol).

I tried the boot you sleep in, it was so uncomfortable that I would rip it off every night in my sleep. My podiatrist was leaning towards surgery and I was just NOT ready to go down that road.

What did the trick was lots of stretching, PT, and TIME. Most of the time, PF comes from your calf muscle being tight, which then pulls up on your Achilles, that starts the chain reaction of your arch tightening. Even now, several years later, I've only had a couple of minor flare-ups, but am pretty vigilant about keeping that calf stretched out and massaging that arch when I think of it. I'm very glad I didn't go for the surgery. Don't remember what it was called, but was essentially a flap of skin being pulled back, and the flesh underneath being microneedled to bring fresh bloodflow to the area to promote healing.

Old 12-16-2020, 11:17 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,670,042 times
I know it is counter-intuitive, but there may be a homeopathic remedy that could help you.

If you want further info, pm me.

Old 12-16-2020, 12:19 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,190,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I know it is counter-intuitive, but there may be a homeopathic remedy that could help you.

If you want further info, pm me.
If hydrocortisone injections do not normally work, why do you think homeopathic would work? The only way those medications and lotions work at all is mind over matter with the power of positive thinking. Of course when you realize you are not getting any real active ingredients for your money, I don't think there is enough power of positive thinking to refill your wallet!

Homeopathic = ripoff for many.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:04 PM

17,404 posts, read 22,152,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fostercolline View Post
Hello Guys!
Here I am looking for plantar fasciitis treatment in Florida, USA. I have pain at the bottom mid-foot area. The pain is worst in the morning. So if anyone knows about a plantar fasciitis surgeon in Florida, then please let me know.
#1 BUY NEW SHOES WITH ARCH SUPPORT. Sneakers don't last more than 3 months if wearing them daily.

Orthotic inserts can help, stretching can help but surgery is extreme. My buddy is a plastic surgeon and he got PF really bad. It was his shoes combined with standing for long periods during surgery. I had PF about 2 years ago, yes it can be miserable but with some changes its all gone.

Old 12-16-2020, 07:25 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,302,643 times
[quote=fisheye;59907123
So I went to a local shoe repairman that also made custom shoes for the local podiatrist. I asked for his advice. He told me that I needed hard insoles to support my arch. I had tried several soft insoles and also tube slip-ons for my arch with no luck. So I bought a pair of the hard insoles from him for about $30. I found them hard and painful and did not get that much relief. But, before I gave up, I tried a day at work with both the hard insoles and a tube slip-on arch support. That was the first time I was out of pain in the last year. Within a week I felt totally healed.

My feeling is that you have to get exactly the right support height under your arch. That can be different for different people. It was my left foot that had this problem and not my right foot. ![/QUOTE]

Very similar experience to yours, fisheye.
Correct shoe made all the difference and almost overnight: Kuru. Wonderful customer service as well.

https://www.kurufootwear.com/why-kuru
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness