Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 11:12 PM

17,552 posts, read 13,329,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Just heard a favorite doctor, Kelly Victory, she is about the opposite of Fauci...and she continues to claim there is NO scientific evidence that a mask keeps covid from one. And the psychological impact this is having on children is major disaster...now our gov is talking about opening up the schools in Feb.. Talking to 2 cousins in PA and his gov and our are good friends...both my PA cousins I talked to today, believe it's a lot of bull what has been going on.

And one caller asked her how she can continue to speak out as she does, and she said it's a major challenge as she's been silenced by many or tried to be silenced.

Dr. Victory says, if one is really sick, then a mask can be in order, but then if one is sick, they need to be home getting well.

Then she mentioned this herd immunity thing, and talked about herd immunity has never been reached with the common cold, nor the seasonal flu, and won't be with covid... And who wants to get a cold or the flu?? No one and if one is smart they keep healthy to not get either of these and if they do, then work with what is out there for us to get well...

And she is the one who goes on about Vit C, Vit D etc...

A Skeptical Look at Kelly Victory, M.D.

https://quackwatch.org/11ind/a-skept...y-victory-m-d/

Quote:
The Bottom Line

Colleen Victory, M.D. (a/k/a Kelly Victory) asserts that (a) concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic are overblown, (b) wearing a mask does more harm than good, and (c) it is safe to “fully return to your lives, without fear and without limitations.” Her ideas were being spread primarily through a YouTube video that was filled with false information and poor medical reasoning. Following her advice might kill you.

Much more in the article

Nothing else needs to be said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 08:20 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
A Skeptical Look at Kelly Victory, M.D.

https://quackwatch.org/11ind/a-skept...y-victory-m-d/

Much more in the article

Nothing else needs to be said
I don’t know who Kelly Victory is but will look into her. Quackwatch is not a credible source. There is an interest ($$$) in destroying people’s reputations if they have views outside of the mainstream and that is all quackwatch exists for.

Last edited by MissTerri; 12-31-2020 at 08:33 AM..

Old 12-31-2020, 08:47 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,272,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
She already said that she wears her mask. It’s not vey nice to speak to people that way.
he doesn't care...he's got blinders and earplugs on as well I'm sure.
No doubt suffering from hypoxia from wearing his "damn" (his word) mask all the time.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:48 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,272,815 times
Quote:
I don’t know who Kelly Victory is but will look into her. Quackwatch is not a credible source. There is an interest ($$$) in destroying people’s reputations if they have views outside of the mainstream and that is all quackwatch exists for.
Absolutely correct.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:54 AM

19,014 posts, read 27,569,699 times
Quote:

"credible source" is what we PERSONALLY choose to credit our trust with. Usually, it's someone with lots of titles to his or her name or, a TV talking head that sounds very convincing and spews out a lot of pseudo scientific terms, knowing well enough that, to prove every statement spoken, will take lots of time and who's going to do that? You look reputable, sound knowledgeable, use some no one knows what they mean terms - you are credible.
Here's a source of choice. Credible. Every statement is backed by reference to a study, provided by same folks with lots of titles to their names, just like the opposite side. Again, it's matter of personal choice, who to trust. There will always be this excuse NOT to trust them : "There is an interest ($$$) in destroying people’s reputations if they have views outside of the mainstream". Even if there is none, we can always assume that. And, who has more weight of his word, than Fauci anyway...

https://swprs.org/covid-masks-review/

Old 12-31-2020, 09:01 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
"credible source" is what we PERSONALLY choose to credit our trust with. Usually, it's someone with lots of titles to his or her name or, a TV talking head that sounds very convincing and spews out a lot of pseudo scientific terms, knowing well enough that, to prove every statement spoken, will take lots of time and who's going to do that? You look reputable, sound knowledgeable, use some no one knows what they mean terms - you are credible.
Here's a source of choice. Credible. Every statement is backed by reference to a study, provided by same folks with lots of titles to their names, just like the opposite side. Again, it's matter of personal choice, who to trust. There will always be this excuse NOT to trust them : "There is an interest ($$$) in destroying people’s reputations if they have views outside of the mainstream". Even if there is none, we can always assume that. And, who has more weight of his word, than Fauci anyway...

https://swprs.org/covid-masks-review/
I just looked up Kelly on Twitter and after this brief look I am not seeing anything that would put her in “quack” territory”. She does use studies to back up her points. Nothing crazy about her at all.

Thanks for the link. Very science based. I do wish more people who claim to follow the science would actually follow the science and not dismiss things that don’t fit their view.

Old 12-31-2020, 12:26 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,095,465 times
I don't care. I use both disposables, which I reuse & my cloth, which I reuse. You have to handle the disposables, to pinch the metal strip around your nose, in order to contain your exhale & to prevent the exhale of others from reaching your face.

Both the disposables & cloth hang on my blinker in my car & at the most are worn for up to 30 minutes while grocery shopping. I do not do long trips to the store. My nose doesn't run in my mask because I haven't been sick since February 1st, when I had "presumed covid" related to an international traveler returning from Italy.

When it occurs to me, I bring in my cloth masks & wash them. I am not going to stress over not re-using a mask; my biggest obstacle shopping is pushing 500 lbs around a store; the combined weight of a Caroline's Cart & my 6 foot 5 inches tall, 257 lb disabled teenager. Who also wears his own masks, which I also have hanging in my car.

This whole topic is distracting us from what we should be worried about: How did this start (because it will happen again). Why are we blunting our CD4 T cell response with the flu shot when we need a robust CD4 T cell response to resist covid & why are we not treating mild covid cases with Ivermectin? Wear the masks & don't litter. That's about all that matters; save the thought process for what does matter.

Old 12-31-2020, 12:49 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Quote:
This is true, and I never check Q.W. and they most likely are funded by you know who and Yes many have worked to destroy Dr. Victory and many like her... I know of many who have been banned and censored from many areas of the health world.

So many want the Sheep to believe there is only One Way To Better health, not so.

Old 12-31-2020, 01:02 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I don't care. I use both disposables, which I reuse & my cloth, which I reuse. You have to handle the disposables, to pinch the metal strip around your nose, in order to contain your exhale & to prevent the exhale of others from reaching your face.

Both the disposables & cloth hang on my blinker in my car & at the most are worn for up to 30 minutes while grocery shopping. I do not do long trips to the store. My nose doesn't run in my mask because I haven't been sick since February 1st, when I had "presumed covid" related to an international traveler returning from Italy.

When it occurs to me, I bring in my cloth masks & wash them. I am not going to stress over not re-using a mask; my biggest obstacle shopping is pushing 500 lbs around a store; the combined weight of a Caroline's Cart & my 6 foot 5 inches tall, 257 lb disabled teenager. Who also wears his own masks, which I also have hanging in my car.

This whole topic is distracting us from what we should be worried about: How did this start (because it will happen again). Why are we blunting our CD4 T cell response with the flu shot when we need a robust CD4 T cell response to resist covid & why are we not treating mild covid cases with Ivermectin? Wear the masks & don't litter. That's about all that matters; save the thought process for what does matter.
Thank you for bringing up "T Cells". I have never had a flu shot in my 72 years. Had the flu countless times in my younger years, including the 1957 and 1968 Pandemic. I have been around family members over the decades with the flu. Worked in public schools with little children sneezing and coughing within inches of my face. Never caught it from them. Rare that I even catch the common cold.

Husband tested Positive for COVID beginning of December, but had no symptoms. Last week he went back for another test and I got tested this time as well. His still came back Positive (trace amounts but not contagious according to hospital/CDC),, but mine was Negative. While I do wear a mask out in public, I did not wear a mask at home around my husband, or practice social distancing from him. So how could I NOT catch it from him???? Yet people are in a panic being out shopping passing by a shopper for a few second with their mask under their noses?

I happen to agree with you in that it is all about an individual's "killer" T Cells, whether for the flu OR for COVID. Maybe they need to test people's T Cells? From just my experience, I trust my own T Cells.

Also for what it's worth, I like my RED WINE and have a few glasses every day.

Edit: Husband dutifully get his flu shot every October. Your choice, darling.

Old 12-31-2020, 01:28 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Hey Jo, I've missed you around here lately...I've been gone too but....on the red wine, I did my share of imbibing for years, red and white, but don't drink now for probably 5 or more yrs and keep getting my "wine" from the Seed of the Great Grape....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness