Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 01:36 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times

Advertisements

Additionally, did my husband's second after 4 weeks Positive COVID test. ADD to the number of State Covid Cases? Inflating the numbers? Thankfully, the hospital refused to retest him again. I suppose they would retest NEGATIVE me, but pigs will fly before I go back again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 06:37 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,822,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
If everyone did what she recommends, many would be alive....what a quack huh?????
Not buying it.

Old 01-03-2021, 09:33 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,083,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Not buying it.
Well, it could be true to a degree. Lets say you are borderline High Blood Pressure, or full-blown HBP, (as just one example) as many older people are - to wear a mask too long can (please notice I said "can") cause a heart attack or stroke. This is because carbon monoxide builds up behind the mask as natural part of your breathing process, and that can push your BP levels up high enough to create that condition - and it has happened.

This doesnt mean to throw caution to the wind, and refuse to wear a mask ever if you have HBP or are borderline for it. It means use common sense.

If you are going to be around other people, you need to keep a mask on. And if you need to be around other people for a very long time, take a break from them, and get some fresh air once in a while.

Also, medical professionals know that a PCR test is used to confirm a clinical diagnosis, and should never be used to make a diagnosis in and of itself. But, how many of us have stood in line to get tested and had a Doctor diagnose you with COVID, before asking you to get a PCR test. Not many.

So how can a lay person understand testing positive for COVID but not being infected?

An example I know of is -

You have a drink at your daughter's house with dinner. Sit around talking over coffee after dinner, and then you leave to drive home. Its a holiday weekend and you hit an alcohol checkpoint while in route. An officer gives you a Breathalyzer test, and you are reactive! Its positive! Your number is .01. You are not infected (drunk) with alcohol, and the officer sends you on your way.

Again, you cant throw caution to the wind - and even though you dont feel infected, and have no symptoms, you cant assume that you are not contagious, and should follow your doctors instructions anyway.

14 days later, you go for the antibody test, and you dont have the antibody. You were not infected, even though you tested positive on the PCR.

Until we have a cure, we have a responsibility to err on the side of caution.

Just because someone says something that falls into a "Gray" area for you, that doesnt make them necessarily a quack. Nothing about much in life falls into the realm of "Black & White" although we all would prefer it that way.

Stay safe!

Last edited by ComeCloser; 01-03-2021 at 09:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness