Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2020, 12:01 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I've always thought those paper masks were disgusting. Ugh. We have sold masks for months, people buy the washable 3-ply with a pocket for a filter cloth masks. They're very safe. No one has bought our surgical paper masks since May.
I think washable CAN be more disgusting. I doubt many people wash them every day - they likely have one or two and maybe lucky to wash weekly if they even think about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
If masks and lockdowns work so well, why the hell are we heading onto lockdown again. It’s all a sham, sorry. The virus is real. The masks have very little effect, if any.
Because people aren't WEARING masks or are making a sham of it by only covering their mouths with it.

And people people are NOT locking down - they're just complaining about it while doing the same stuff they've always done. It can't work if people (most if not all people) don't do it. Kinda like motorcycle helmets and condoms.

Old 12-28-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
This has a 99.98% survival rate. Why has this been used as an election ploy & then -- stolen votes on top? At what point does a sane anti--propaganda individual finally say this is a sham-demic, planned-demic, etc.

Huh?

I mean seriously, calling any death now a Covid-related one == isn't just a bit of a wakeup call to US citizenry?
You're in the wrong forum to make those kinds of comments - beware.

Old 12-28-2020, 05:06 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,126,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Because people aren't WEARING masks or are making a sham of it by only covering their mouths with it.

And people people are NOT locking down - they're just complaining about it while doing the same stuff they've always done. It can't work if people (most if not all people) don't do it. Kinda like motorcycle helmets and condoms.
Not true in Seattle area. I rarely see people without masks (also worn properly) even outside and yet cases were at a record high recently.

Old 12-29-2020, 09:06 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Hey, what's wrong with us old men??

I see people of all ages with noses hanging out.

As for gloves, we've pretty much stopped wearing gloves. We keep a spry bottle of disinfectant in our cars to spray our door handles. And we have a large purell in each car to cover hands after we go out

But, you nailed it with COVIDidiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL. I hear ya Mike but around here it's seems to be the old men more than the young ones with their noses hanging out. No offense intended, but it is what I see most. I even asked one why he didn't have his nose covered. He said because he gets panic attacks and can't breath with it on. He also said that re- breathing your Co2 was hazardous. Oh lordy. I told him that that was disinformation, and that I was a retired Respiratory Therapist. He could barely get around with his cane and I offered to help him to get him out of the store faster. I still think about him and wonder if he's okay. He was truly a nice old guy. Just totally ill-informed. Covid has already been in two houses on our block that I know of. It's spreading like crazy here. I'm seeing more new faces in our local grocery store vs the regular cashiers. I also saw the owner running around without a mask on. Yesterday we were in 3 stores looking for a floor for the rental and one strap broke on my N95. I was grateful that I had that surgical mask on over it. It held it in place. Time for a new one.

Old 12-29-2020, 09:23 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
I think washable CAN be more disgusting. I doubt many people wash them every day - they likely have one or two and maybe lucky to wash weekly if they even think about it!
I have a big stash and throw them into the laundry after every use.

Old 12-29-2020, 09:25 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
Not true in Seattle area. I rarely see people without masks (also worn properly) even outside and yet cases were at a record high recently.

Same here. Our health dept does spot checks and we are 98% in compliance with masks in businesses. I have tried to find people unmasked in public because people always talk abut “anti-masers” and never can find anyone. Our cases and hospitalizations also spiked

Old 12-29-2020, 01:04 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Still have NOT worn a mask and my little old senior friend in apt bldg just handed me a pkg from the mail area and guess what she had no mask on, shame on her....

Old 12-29-2020, 02:27 PM

2,145 posts, read 3,061,004 times
Keep poking the bear, you may just get bit.

Old 12-30-2020, 07:43 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Yick. I seriously doubt that you're right (fortunately).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness