Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 08:31 PM

14 posts, read 10,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BijouBaby View Post
You need to be asking your doctor all these questions, not strangers on an internet forum. If your doc won't answer ALL your questions and concerns to your satisfaction, then you have a crappy doctor. Then try talking to his/her P.A. or nurse. I wouldn't let my doctor brush me off. But on the other hand, if he says everything is good, why don't you believe him?
Because not much was information from him what could be happen after surgery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2020, 04:23 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklady View Post
Because not much was information from him what could be happen after surgery
I have to get the surgery on my left eye early next month. However I suffered damage to the substructure of my eye 20 years ago in a fishing accident. I was told by my original surgeon that there would be a good chance that I could lose my sight in that eye after cataract surgery. That was 20 years ago and I presume that the operation has changed and maybe my eye has healed some in that time, it is still dilated from that accident and surgery.

This coming Wednesday I will have a consultation with the surgeon that will do the operation. Supposedly from my ophthalmologist I have a good chance now of a successful operation. That said, I am nervous and will make sure I ask plenty of questions before the surgery.

Good luck to you and make sure you call their office and ask them about the problems you are experiencing. Don't just suffer quietly just in case there are issues that they need to address. Just out of curiosity did they give you a stitch with the operation or not? I am guessing that most surgeons do not give a stitch today, but I don't know. 20 years ago some would stitch and some would not, but I presume the operation has changed.

Old 12-19-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I have to get the surgery on my left eye early next month. However I suffered damage to the substructure of my eye 20 years ago in a fishing accident. I was told by my original surgeon that there would be a good chance that I could lose my sight in that eye after cataract surgery. That was 20 years ago and I presume that the operation has changed and maybe my eye has healed some in that time, it is still dilated from that accident and surgery.

This coming Wednesday I will have a consultation with the surgeon that will do the operation. Supposedly from my ophthalmologist I have a good chance now of a successful operation. That said, I am nervous and will make sure I ask plenty of questions before the surgery.

Good luck to you and make sure you call their office and ask them about the problems you are experiencing. Don't just suffer quietly just in case there are issues that they need to address. Just out of curiosity did they give you a stitch with the operation or not? I am guessing that most surgeons do not give a stitch today, but I don't know. 20 years ago some would stitch and some would not, but I presume the operation has changed.
Thank you
Yes I understand you very well it’s your eyes and of course you worry about it
On your question yes they did stitch but right now he told me to wait 1-2 weeks before remove them to give time to healed little he also told me some people don’t remove stitch but I think I will do.
I had before two eye surgery on past when I was very young so it was some competition when was surgery so in your situation maybe even don’t need to do so and special if you do laser my surgery was classic by hand remove
I wish you good luck and most important stay positive and pray
I did pray all time even when was surgery

Old 12-19-2020, 07:01 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklady View Post
Thank you
Yes I understand you very well it’s your eyes and of course you worry about it
On your question yes they did stitch but right now he told me to wait 1-2 weeks before remove them to give time to healed little he also told me some people don’t remove stitch but I think I will do.
I had before two eye surgery on past when I was very young so it was some competition when was surgery so in your situation maybe even don’t need to do so and special if you do laser my surgery was classic by hand remove
I wish you good luck and most important stay positive and pray
I did pray all time even when was surgery
Thank you! I had several stitches from the fishhook in my eye. I was very happy when the doctor pulled out the last one. I missed three month's of work for that little mishap, but I had plenty of time to go fishing!

I don't pray, but I do want all the information they have on my problems before I go into the surgery. I want to know what to expect.

The pressure around your eye and your nausea would bother me. Did you specifically ask your doctor's office about those problems? When I had my surgery the eye pressure was one thing that they checked many times. There are many things that can affect the pressure in our eyes and nobody wants glaucoma. Just feel free to call that office back if your symptoms do not go away or get worse. I think I would prefer to schedule the surgery on Monday so that I know I can talk to the office the next four days. Of course they should have an emergency contact number if you feel you need it.

Let us know if the operation was successful and if your symptoms went away.

Old 12-19-2020, 09:45 AM

About pressure around eye and nausea I find out it could be from eye drops what you have to use after surgery it’s little better today not feel much pressure maybe little headache still have and yes my doctor have emergency his cell phone but I try not to bother him right now if be worse I definitely call Monday in his office, I do have appointment next Thursday so I will talk about take out my stitches
I don’t know how they do this maybe just in office and don’t know if it’s painful or not

Old 12-19-2020, 10:07 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
My elderly mother had trouble after cataract surgery. She did not feel well. I had little difficulty. I remember lying down for awhile afterwards.

Make a list of questions, and ask them at your follow up.

Old 12-19-2020, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
My elderly mother had trouble after cataract surgery. She did not feel well. I had little difficulty. I remember lying down for awhile afterwards.

Make a list of questions, and ask them at your follow up.
Good idea
Thank you for advice

Old 12-19-2020, 12:30 PM

326 posts, read 200,505 times
Sometimes the eyedrops in the mood after the surgery and cause nausea because it drips down

Old 12-19-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago2vegas View Post
Sometimes the eyedrops in the mood after the surgery and cause nausea because it drips down
I agree with you

Old 12-19-2020, 03:27 PM

What I don’t like still little blurry not real clear I know it’s only 3 day
I’m interesting if someone had this experience: I have little flickering on side my vision hopefully it go a way after and also I feel little heavy on my eye like something on top my eye ball inside
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness