Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2012, 01:34 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,666,857 times

Advertisements

None of my issues is serious or major, I don't think, but it is curious that almost all are on the right side of my body. When I get a headache, it is always on right side (I think it's a sinus headache because the only thing that works is advil cold and sinus plus extra advil.

I get tingling on the right side of my face -- I believe it's due to anxiety. It goes away and is not terribly bothersome, since I figured out it's just an anxiety reaction. While I do get some anxiety, it's not a full-blown clinical issue, luckily.

My right ear gets plugged up but not my left.

My right wrist gets numb, especially when I sleep despite wearing a brace. I had an EMG years ago, which was negative. And the thumb hurts at times, perhaps deQuarvain's. I am right-handed, so this makes sense.

I have mild hip and sciatic pain on the right side. And my right leg is shorter than the left (and right hip higher than the left) -- I think this has occurred over the years and I was not born that way.

While both knees have some sort of issue, the right is worse than the left as far as aching.

I had a seizure in 2006 (only one ever), and had this weird visual thing right before it happened, and it was, you guessed it, on the right side, and the last thing I remember was my head whipping to the right.

Like I said, nothing major is going on, it's just interesting to think about whether there is a connection at all or not. It's nothing I'd see a doctor about -- she'd think I was nuts. Has anyone else experienced this?

And yes, I have some time on my hands, apparently, to be thinking about this stuff.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 02:19 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
NUTS? I don't think so...working as a medical professional for many years, that sounds a bit suspicious. Nothing to worry about, but still, I am all for having patient concerns addressed:
speak with your family MD about your concerns. If they continue/worsen and you get no help from your MD, consider referral to a neurologist, just for an evaluation... so as to give you peace of mind.

I have not come upon tingling in the face as an anxiety reaction...but that plus rt/headache plus seizure plus rt ear/issue could somehow be related...

Oddly, I was sent for MRI and other tests for behind-the-right-eye pain...turns out I needed a root canal on that same side, so the pain came from a compromised trigeminal nerve that serves the right side of the face!

If you are concerned, see an MD. Patients are the first to know if something is not right or seems off!!

quote=lawmom;26992520]None of my issues is serious or major, I don't think, but it is curious that almost all are on the right side of my body. When I get a headache, it is always on right side (I think it's a sinus headache because the only thing that works is advil cold and sinus plus extra advil.

I get tingling on the right side of my face -- I believe it's due to anxiety. It goes away and is not terribly bothersome, since I figured out it's just an anxiety reaction. While I do get some anxiety, it's not a full-blown clinical issue, luckily.

My right ear gets plugged up but not my left.

My right wrist gets numb, especially when I sleep despite wearing a brace. I had an EMG years ago, which was negative. And the thumb hurts at times, perhaps deQuarvain's. I am right-handed, so this makes sense.

I have mild hip and sciatic pain on the right side. And my right leg is shorter than the left (and right hip higher than the left) -- I think this has occurred over the years and I was not born that way.

While both knees have some sort of issue, the right is worse than the left as far as aching.

I had a seizure in 2006 (only one ever), and had this weird visual thing right before it happened, and it was, you guessed it, on the right side, and the last thing I remember was my head whipping to the right.

Like I said, nothing major is going on, it's just interesting to think about whether there is a connection at all or not. It's nothing I'd see a doctor about -- she'd think I was nuts. Has anyone else experienced this?

And yes, I have some time on my hands, apparently, to be thinking about this stuff.[/quote]

Old 11-18-2012, 05:04 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,666,857 times
Thanks for hte input, greatblueheron. Maybe I will make an appointment.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 11-18-2012 at 11:50 AM..

Old 12-30-2020, 11:22 AM

2 posts, read 12,993 times
I also have increasing issues markedly on my right side starting about 3.5 years ago. First it was my neck, then head, then ribs and shoulder, chest armpit and underarm, then leg and foot, then back and hip. Now it’s the entire right side. I also have injured myself only on that side in the interim. And developed chronic tendinitis and resulting tendonopathy. And today found I have gallstones (also in the right side) where I have had new pain. I’ve talked to every doctor I’ve gone to about it including the dentist and there are I guess so many vague possibilities that we’ll all be dead before it’s figured out unless you get lucky (: nerve pain meds help but my MRIs have been good. I’ve now asked to be referred to psychiatry as well. Best of luck!

Old 12-30-2020, 11:24 AM

648 posts, read 431,166 times
Nothing all that unusual about everything on one side. Not common, but not really unusual. Like flipping a coin and getting heads 5 times. It happens.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:55 PM

4,410 posts, read 4,893,246 times
Not suggesting that this is the cause but:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...already-exist/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness