Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 09:53 AM

1,971 posts, read 1,099,528 times

Advertisements

Update less than 24 hrs ago from QUORA

Steve Kirsch -Executive Director at COVID-19 Early Treatment Fund

Ivermection study - One .2mg/kg dose a week for prevention
"100% success rate whereas those doctors taking placebo had a 59%% infection rate… not a typo 237 of 400 docs on placebo got infected vs. 800 docs on Ivermectin none got infected"

Antivirals
-monoclonal antibody treatments approved by the FDA. Bamlanivimab is made by Lilly, casirivimab and imdevimab are made by Regeneron
-Above limited, camostat alternative(not approved in US yet) - "I dont know a single failure of this drug"

Inflammatory Response
-fluvoxamine. It has the highest quality evidence and a 100% success track record in two US-based clinical trials.
-next best is doxazosin

Final remarks
"If everyone in the world took just the fluvoxamine for 14 days after they learned they were COVID positive, our hospitals and ICUs would be nearly empty today. If everyone took doxazosin or metformin, we could cut the hospitalization rate in half."

"The bottom line is that the solution to our hospitalization crisis has been hiding in plain sight since October 6"

"Dr. Joseph Ladapo said it eloquently in his Wall St. Journal op-ed, “Too much caution is killing patients.” I couldn’t agree more. The placebo is killing people. This drug is not. There is no evidence that I am aware of that the placebo is superior to fluvoxamine for patients who test positive for COVID-19. Please help spread the word. Today."

Last edited by Rom623; 12-22-2020 at 10:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 11:53 AM

4,177 posts, read 5,055,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623;59968181[B
Inflammatory Response[/b]
-fluvoxamine. It has the highest quality evidence and a 100% success track record in two US-based clinical trials.
I just find it hard to believe than an SSRI would have this effect, and that this SSRI is the only one to do so.
i.e. the other SSRIs are so similiar to Luvox that they all should have a similar effect...

Old 12-23-2020, 02:28 AM

37,091 posts, read 41,220,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
I just find it hard to believe than an SSRI would have this effect, and that this SSRI is the only one to do so.
i.e. the other SSRIs are so similiar to Luvox that they all should have a similar effect...
For me a red flag is "100%". Few things in medicine are 100%.

That suggests that people are being treated who would not have gotten sick anyway.

Old 12-23-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
For me a red flag is "100%". Few things in medicine are 100%.

That suggests that people are being treated who would not have gotten sick anyway.
Maybe the Argentinians are lying, i dont know, its just what they claim.

Kory from the Senate hearing sites the same study

Quote:
He said that in the last nine months, his group of researchers had tried to repurpose available drugs to treat COVID-19 and had concluded that a prophylaxis trial of Ivermectin on 800 health workers in Argentina showed that it was effective, as none of the subjects got sick from coronavirus following the treatment.

On the contrary, Kory said, in the 400 health workers that were not prophylaxed with Ivermectin, 237 (58%) got sick; adding, “Ivermectin has immense and potent antiviral activities."

This site has been following the studies shows extremely good results as well, hopefully we wake up and start using it. Its already an FDa approved drug, BUT it appears we want to be certain more than we want to save lives.

Old 12-23-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Maybe they do, Kirsch is just trying to tell us whats been tested and whats worked so far.

I read about preventative compounds on thailand medical every other day, Im sure there are many things that prevent it, our medical community just seems to be the dark ages as far as figuring it out.

Old 12-23-2020, 08:36 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
Thanks for sharing. I don’t understand the continued hesitation to not use drugs already available that have shown great promise.

I’m taking vitamin D (among other supplements) which is on their list of effective treatments and also have zinc on hand. I guess that’s all I can do to help myself and my family while the medical community continues to twiddle their thumbs and ignore the evidence that we already have safe and effective treatments.

Old 12-23-2020, 10:23 AM

4,177 posts, read 5,055,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I don’t understand the continued hesitation to not use drugs already available that have shown great promise.
Maybe because, sometimes, the "cure" is worse than the disease...?

Getting on SSRI's is usually a no turning back proposition, i.e. you're on them for life.
SSRI withdrawals are no fun

Old 12-23-2020, 10:40 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,728,957 times
Quote:
Maybe because, sometimes, the "cure" is worse than the disease...?

Getting on SSRI's is usually a no turning back proposition, i.e. you're on them for life.
SSRI withdrawals are no fun

You do have to wean off of SSRI’s but that’s not true at all that you have to be on them for life.

Old 12-23-2020, 12:29 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,680,578 times
CDC, FDA hates Ivermectin because it will rob their corporate sponsors like Pfizer.

Why would we need a $3k dose vaccine subsidized by the Fed when $25 Ivermectin dose is more effective than vaccine or any other drugs like Hydroxy or the other overpriced Fed approve drug, Remdesivir.

Old 12-23-2020, 12:56 PM

37,091 posts, read 41,220,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
CDC, FDA hates Ivermectin because it will rob their corporate sponsors like Pfizer.

Why would we need a $3k dose vaccine subsidized by the Fed when $25 Ivermectin dose is more effective than vaccine or any other drugs like Hydroxy or the other overpriced Fed approve drug, Remdesivir.
The Pfizer vaccine is about $20 per dose and Moderna $10 to $50. Both will initially be with no out of pocket cost to the person being vaccinated. Where did you get $3k from?

https://observer.com/2020/11/covid19...zeneca-oxford/

It has not yet been shown in well designed trials that ivermectin is effective, much less that waiting until people are sick and treating them is better than preventing from getting sick at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness