Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 05:32 PM

453 posts, read 302,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
No, they're still doing it wrong. Doctors who have worn face masks their whole career never got infected because they know the proper protocols after their day is done.
NO. They're wearing full PPE, N95 not lightweight fake masks and working IN A MEDICAL ENVIRONMENT.

Not walking around Publix where morons are removing their damn masks to COUGH and SNEEZE where I even saw a Walgreens cashier do that!

Two snowbirds on my atrium in FL don't even KNOW each other and were sitting shoulder to shoulder with no masks one hour after arriving here! And one of them has covid in the family back in KY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 09:41 PM

5,714 posts, read 4,294,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
I haven't heard of any "confirmed" cases of people getting it twice. I suppose that it has happened, but then there are exceptions to just about everything. If it's true that a person can catch it twice, then it doesn't seem that vaccines would do much good either unless maybe to make the second time a less severe illness than the first.

Since some people don't even know they have it the first time, I don't know how much less severe it could be the second time. OTOH, some people die from getting it the first time and some others have lingering health problems from it for months or maybe longer. I guess each case is a unique situation with the outcome likely to depend on the individual's overall health situation when they get it.

There are a few dozen, not "lots" of people who are confirmed to have gotten it twice. But even in some of those there is some uncertainty as to whether they were just shedding virus from the first infection, I believe

Old 01-03-2021, 10:35 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,104,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.aol.com/december-deadlie...180000526.html

Something for you non believers to contemplate as we start 2021
Wear your masks, practice social distancing, wash you hands often and get vaccinated as soon as you can
We don't need anyone from CD to win this year's Darwin Award
Nearly 140 healthcare workers test positive in a week at this one facility. Maybe masks help some, certainly no guarantee.

Vaccine is probably still a few months away for most if you want to beta test it.

If I were high risk

-Good one a day multi vitamin like Naturelo or Ancient Nutrition(Pricey but 1600IU of D and right form of K2) - Multi will cover D, Zinc, B vitamins, and Selenium to optimize immunity.
-Time release vitamin C morning and evening, Solaray is a good brand. Article by Harvard Health on C, D, zinc and a multivitamin.
-Text or call one of the doctors on this list for a prescription of Ivermectin(87% improvement - 44 studies, 17 peer reviewed)

You can always do more, many ideas in this thread.

Last edited by Rom623; 01-03-2021 at 11:00 PM..

Old 01-04-2021, 07:15 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,433,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
And isn't this the seasonal flu time of year...so how many flues are in all these numbers.
Per the news this weekend, cases of the flu are actually down 98%. A lot of that is because it is usually introduced to us from the Southern hemisphere after their winter. No one is travelling, so it hasn't really been introduced on a large scale. There were also record numbers of people who got vaccinated this year and the COVID precautions are helping too - masks, social distancing, etc. School kids also fuel the flu fire, but with a lot of kids staying home, and the ones at school wearing masks, there hasn't been much of a fire. As a former educator who is still very much in contact with my former co-workers, I can tell you that school kids, especially young ones, are much more compliant when it comes to wearing masks than adults.

Old 01-04-2021, 07:21 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,894,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You are assuming that in summer 2021 people who got it more than a year ago are still immune to it. There are lots of people who have gotten it twice already and probably many times more than that which we are not aware of.
Yes, and there is no guarantee that if you got it once, and had an easy time of it, you have immunity to a more virulent strain. Who says you can't get it again and die from it? We just don't have enough data.

Old 01-04-2021, 07:25 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,894,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
January is going to be even worse. We still haven't seen all the fallout from the Christmas and New Year gatherings.
I didn't gather...but I did go shopping. Saturday I got housebound and decided I just HAD to have some new pants to wear to work because I've gained so much weight I am down to 2 pairs.

Me and EVERYONE ELSE IN TOWN. Everywhere I went on my errands was jammed packed full of people. I'm sure many of them had less important missions than mine. We all think that because I wear a mask, I'm going to be fine, but we all should have stayed the heck at home. And that is what I will be doing. (When I'm not at work).

Old 01-04-2021, 07:29 AM

23,869 posts, read 33,575,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I personally don’t believe Covid to be a death note, and I also believe a lot more people are contracting it than getting tested, that stated though, I don’t think we are anywhere close to herd immunity just basing on historical context of the last time we relied on it. The 1918 Spanish Flu, although far more deadly - took approximately 3 years for herd immunity to be achieved and there was very little in the way of shut downs or social distancing. This also happened during a period when the nation was much less populated. Herd immunity will most likely not be close to being achieved before we have a vaccine even if were operating BAU.
One member here in her 30's only knew she had COVID because she tested before getting married and going on her honeymoon. She had to cancel her New Years Eve wedding a 2nd time. She thinks she's a false positive because she doesn't have symptoms.

Similar happened to my son's friend in the same age group but she was going on vacation for her birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
January is probably going to make December look like a walk in the Park. February is probably going to make January look like a walk in the same park. By March, we should see some improvement due to the vaxx. (depending on how many bite the bullet, and actually take the vaxx.)
Agree that each month has more then the last and hopefully March will level out but there is Valentine's day... In my opinion, March will still be fairly high.

I know someone in their 40's that got COVID at his GF's parents house on Thanksgiving. Hopefully he didn't give it to his mother who's my friend, 65 and very medically fragile.

Old 01-04-2021, 01:30 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,433,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
One member here in her 30's only knew she had COVID because she tested before getting married and going on her honeymoon. She had to cancel her New Years Eve wedding a 2nd time. She thinks she's a false positive because she doesn't have symptoms.

Similar happened to my son's friend in the same age group but she was going on vacation for her birthday.
Do you know which tests they took? Per a doctor friend of mine, the rapid tests are much more likely to yield a false positive.

Old 01-04-2021, 04:59 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huitrecouture View Post
NO. They're wearing full PPE, N95 not lightweight fake masks and working IN A MEDICAL ENVIRONMENT.

Not walking around Publix where morons are removing their damn masks to COUGH and SNEEZE where I even saw a Walgreens cashier do that!

Two snowbirds on my atrium in FL don't even KNOW each other and were sitting shoulder to shoulder with no masks one hour after arriving here! And one of them has covid in the family back in KY!
Listen covid does not forgive anyone for one mistake. If they did everything right and got covid, then all of the doctors who handle covid patients in the ICU would be infected by now.

Every doctor knows that viruses are basically like sticky fat molecules. They don't die easily and can be on surfaces for days.

The biggest mistake people make are wearing outside shoes into their living quarters of their house. Plenty of covid droplets can be on the ground that you tracked into your house and all it takes is someone dropping coins and picking it up to get the virus onto their hands.

Old 01-04-2021, 05:30 PM

230 posts, read 97,676 times
Thank you OP for repeated what the government, media and Hollywood has been telling us. You are so smart and strong. I bet the testosterone is strong with him/her/zer/it. Your husband must be proud of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness